Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

Has anyone noticed the change in Trump's tone over the past 24 hours? Much more to the tune of "you're so lucky I'm your president" but also "if I don't win here, I'm never coming back."

This is all straight from the Narcissism playbook.

He stood in Des Moines asking why the news kept leading with the terrible storms that hit Iowa and destroyed livelyhoods and not his Nobel Prize nomination.

And some cheered.

Jim Jones looking up like "daaaang ur good".

He stood in Des Moines asking why the news kept leading with the terrible storms that hit Iowa and destroyed livelyhoods and not his Nobel Prize nomination.

And some cheered.

Jim Jones looking up like "daaaang ur good".
    Trump's rallies are largely made up of the same people who travel to his rallies across the country. There's a good chance that those people who cheered were not from Iowa, but were from other areas of the country.

Just plain weird
    ===================
    President Donald Trump is ending his reelection bid in a frenzied cross-country push for votes in states he won -- some handily -- four years ago. But he is not pretending to be happy about it.

"It wasn't even going to be like we had an election," Trump said on a rain-drenched tarmac in Lansing, Michigan, on Tuesday, lamenting that the coronavirus had imperiled his political prospects and, in his telling, forced him to return to the cold grind and meteorological mishaps of the campaign trail.

"I probably wouldn't be standing out here in the freezing rain with you," he told a crowd of hearty souls who had been standing for hours in persistent drizzle to hear him speak. "I'd be home in the White House, doing whatever the hell I was doing. I wouldn't be out here."

As he barnstorms the country in seek of electoral votes, Trump is hoping to out-hustle his rival in the places he claims have been long ignored by the political class. But he has also been explicit that he would likely be ignoring them, too, unless they provided him political fuel.

He hasn't shied away from telling his supporters he would never find himself in their states unless he needed their votes.

"We win Wisconsin, we win the whole ballgame," he said last week on yet another frigid airport tarmac, this time in Janesville. "What the hell do you think I'm doing here on a freezing night with 45-degree winds?"

"Do you think I'm doing this for my health?" he continued as the temperature dropped and some of the crowd began trickling out. "I'm not doing this for my health.".......................

Just plain weird
    ===================
    President Donald Trump is ending his reelection bid in a frenzied cross-country push for votes in states he won -- some handily -- four years ago. But he is not pretending to be happy about it.

"It wasn't even going to be like we had an election," Trump said on a rain-drenched tarmac in Lansing, Michigan, on Tuesday, lamenting that the coronavirus had imperiled his political prospects and, in his telling, forced him to return to the cold grind and meteorological mishaps of the campaign trail.

"I probably wouldn't be standing out here in the freezing rain with you," he told a crowd of hearty souls who had been standing for hours in persistent drizzle to hear him speak. "I'd be home in the White House, doing whatever the hell I was doing. I wouldn't be out here."

As he barnstorms the country in seek of electoral votes, Trump is hoping to out-hustle his rival in the places he claims have been long ignored by the political class. But he has also been explicit that he would likely be ignoring them, too, unless they provided him political fuel.

He hasn't shied away from telling his supporters he would never find himself in their states unless he needed their votes.

"We win Wisconsin, we win the whole ballgame," he said last week on yet another frigid airport tarmac, this time in Janesville. "What the hell do you think I'm doing here on a freezing night with 45-degree winds?"

"Do you think I'm doing this for my health?" he continued as the temperature dropped and some of the crowd began trickling out. "I'm not doing this for my health.".......................

Yet again, Trump's raging narcissism on display. He's doing all of this as a great service to his voters, who are lucky to have him. And if it's not enough to win, that's their fault.

It's textbook stuff.

Last edited:
    Yet again, Trump's raging narcissism on display. He's doing all of this as a great service to his voters, who are lucky to have them. And if it's not enough to win, that's their fault.

It's textbook stuff.

In addition to claiming voter fraud any chance he lashes out at his supporters when he loses the election?

Last edited:
    In addition to claiming voter fraud and chance he lashes out at his supporters when he loses the election?

Oh 100% it's going to be "their fault" for not combating the massive voter fraud from the left. "You guys let me down. You didn't come out and vote and monitor the polls like you were supposed too".

I think more than just narcissism. Theres perhaps a dash of misogyny in there too.
    At one of his rallies: "Just come up fast. Fast. Fast. Come on. Quick. You got one minute! One minute, Martha! They don’t want to hear this, Martha. Come on. Let’s go. Quick, quick, quick. Come on"

At the same rally, Sen. Rand Paul and Sen. Mike Lee were asked to come up, given more time, and treated a whole lot nicer.

Article on Jared with a very unambiguous headline
    ======================================
    Think back to April 2020. If you were lucky enough not to be a frontline worker, you were probably barricaded in your house, terrified any time anyone so much as cleared their throat.

When you weren’t doomscrolling the internet, most of your days were spent washing your hands until there was only a thin layer of skin left on the bone. When you got deliveries, you went through elaborate routines of wiping down the boxes they came in, putting their contents in quarantine, and then debating if it was necessary to additionally clean each individual piece of fruit before putting it in the fridge, panicking over whether you’d accidentally touched your face while handling a potentially contaminated object.

Every time you opened your phone, you saw images of bodies in refrigerated trucks and read stories of people dying alone. You didn’t dream of socializing with friends because you wanted to live. That month 58,760 Americans died of COVID-19. Most likely you were feeling very sad and very scared. But first son-in-law Jared Kushner? He was downright jubilant.

CNN reports that in mid-April, Kushner spoke to Bob Woodward for his book and bragged about how he and Donald Trump had cut doctors and scientists out of the pandemic response, while also claiming that America was at the start of its “comeback phase.” Yes, some 187,000 more people (and counting) would go on to die. Yes, Jared Kushner is a proud moron..................

At some point you just have to laugh at how little people care about their own health. If they get sick or family members die because of this stupidity, so be it. They made their choices. I don't give a shirt anymore.

I was there a long time ago. The only problem is those people get sick, spread the disease and go and fill up the hospital and get the same care as everybody else. They may die (or just have a mild case) and that's on them, but their ignorance and selfishness going to take out other people along the way.

And that's the problem with Trump and his followers. They don't believe or care about the welfare of their community. All they care about is grievances, revenge and owning libs.

I was there a long time ago. The only problem is those people get sick, spread the disease and go and fill up the hospital and get the same care as everybody else. They may die (or just have a mild case) and that's on them, but their ignorance and selfishness going to take out other people along the way.

And that's the problem with Trump and his followers. They don't believe or care about the welfare of their community. All they care about is grievances, revenge and owning libs.

Oh no doubt. That's what has kept me from getting to that point. And I'd rather them just stay at home than go to the hospital. But obviously that doesn't work. I don't know. It's just frustrating how callous and/or ignorant people can be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom