Trump Tracker Too (2 Trump 2 Tracker) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

EmBeeFiveOhFour

Reaction score
    The football board had the very useful Daily Trump Tracker thread, which was a good place to briefly discuss the latest ridiculous thing that might have ended 97% of prior Presidential administrations even if it didn't necessarily justify an entire thread devoted to it in 2017-2019 (because of the sheer volume of these things). Since I don't see anything like that here already, I'll add one myself.

This is a sitting President of the United States of America. It's why I ignore all of the low-hanging-fruit stories about Hunter Biden or China-gate or whatever. How anyone can think it is acceptable behavior for a President to say certain states are going to hell is beyond comprehension. If Obama said this about Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas, the GOP would be going crazy.

Trump has sent so much garbage out from his Twitter account that I don't think any of this matters or even registers any more. Back in 2016 and 2017 his ability to use it to communicate directly was a pretty powerful tool, and in the early days of his Presidency world markets literally shifted depending on what he would send out. Now the account is just a source of dozens of spam messages per day.

This is a sitting President of the United States of America. It's why I ignore all of the low-hanging-fruit stories about Hunter Biden or China-gate or whatever. How anyone can think it is acceptable behavior for a President to say certain states are going to hell is beyond comprehension. If Obama said this about Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas, the GOP would be going crazy.

"fly over states"

"fly over states"

“fly over pence”

9BAEC9BC-270C-4C2D-9FF3-19BA13B3869A.jpeg

Have they confirmed he’s tested negative, or are we just to assume that because he’s holding rallies?
    What happens when the steroids wear off? Can they keep pumping him with them. If he is going to do rallies, he is going to be exhausted and look fatigued. Are they able to keep shooting him up if he asks? I don’t see how he can do his normal 60-90 minute rallies without being tired and looking it. The Saturday rally at the WH was 12 minutes long.

Not sure which thread to put this in

The world is watching this election very closely
    ====================================

The upcoming U.S. election is being keenly watched by world leaders who have looked to President Donald Trump for favor and friendship, and who share his political ethos.

If he fails at the election, political experts believe other leaders who espouse similarly populist politics — from Matteo Salvini, who leads Italy's anti-immigration Lega party, to India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi — could see their own political fortunes change, and that a populist surge that swept such radical and anti-establishment leaders to power across the world, including Trump, could wane.

"Trump, as the populist leader of the world's only superpower, is the greatest populist ally one could have, and so his possible defeat in the November presidential election will certainly be a massive blow to populist governments around the world that rely on either overt or tacit support by the Trump administration," Erin Kristin Jenne, professor of International Relations at Central European University in Vienna, told CNBC.

"Populist leaders seek to alter their country's status in the international order by challenging systemic constraints, and they need allies to do this," she added.

From Brexit to the election of President Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil, populist politicians and parties around the world share common characteristics with Trump's politics; they tend to lean to the right and promote nationalist, anti-establishment and anti-immigration policies, as well as sharing a skepticism (and often a downright rejection of) globalization................

Our lawyers here will have to comment but it seems like this is one of the easier cases against Trump to make
    =====================================================================

The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to take up a case by 29 Senate Democrats who alleged that President Trump violated the Constitution's Emoluments Clause, which prohibits self-dealing by federal officeholders.

The lawmakers had asked the court to review a February ruling by a three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals that the senators lacked the legal right to sue the president.

In their brief, the lawmakers had argued that Trump's continued ownership of companies engaged in business with foreign governments amounted to accepting "unauthorized financial benefits from foreign states" in violation of the constitutional restriction.

The court's denial means that Democrats' petition failed to garner support from at least four justices. It also leaves in place the lower court ruling.

In their February decision, the D.C. Circuit Court panel ruled that the courts were not the proper venue for the dispute.

"The Members can, and likely will, continue to use their weighty voices to make their case to the American people, their colleagues in the Congress and the President himself, all of whom are free to engage that argument as they see fit," the judges wrote.

"But we will not - indeed we cannot - participate in this debate.".................

Last edited:
    The Simpsons weighs in
    =============================

There’s nothing scarier than the 2020 election, which makes it the perfect opener for this year’s edition of “The Simpsons” Halloween-themed “Treehouse of Horror.”

Variety has an exclusive first look at the 31st installment, which opens on Election Day 2020. Marge calls Homer to remind him to vote, and he gets to the polling station just in time — where he seems decided in just about every position (including Amazon Alexa for Governor) except for the presidential race.

That’s when a flummoxed Lisa can’t believe that, after everything that has happened these past four years, her father is still undecided. (To be fair, when asked to remember what’s happened since 2016, Homer can only picture one headline: “Faye Dunaway gives Oscar to wrong movie and is never seen again.”).................

There are some provisions in the Constitution (Republican Form of Government Clause as an example) that the courts have held are 'political questions,' i.e., the courts are not the proper arena to debate them. Usually when you see Congressman or Senators trying to enforce something, the courts won't intervene unless there is some specific delegation of their authority at issue versus a general 'policing' of the Constitution.

Our lawyers here will have to comment but it seems like this is one of the easier cases against Trump to make

The Supreme Court on Tuesday declined to take up a case by 29 Senate Democrats who alleged that President Trump violated the Constitution's Emoluments Clause, which prohibits self-dealing by federal officeholders.

The lawmakers had asked the court to review a February ruling by a three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals that the senators lacked the legal right to sue the president.

In their brief, the lawmakers had argued that Trump's continued ownership of companies engaged in business with foreign governments amounted to accepting "unauthorized financial benefits from foreign states" in violation of the constitutional restriction.

The court's denial means that Democrats' petition failed to garner support from at least four justices. It also leaves in place the lower court ruling.

In their February decision, the D.C. Circuit Court panel ruled that the courts were not the proper venue for the dispute.

"The Members can, and likely will, continue to use their weighty voices to make their case to the American people, their colleagues in the Congress and the President himself, all of whom are free to engage that argument as they see fit," the judges wrote.

"But we will not - indeed we cannot - participate in this debate.".................

Did any of the courts specify who does have standing to enforce the Emoluments Clause? Is it something the House needs to impeach him for?

Without reading their reasoning for the denial, I have to say it shouldn't be the court's responsibility. It is Congress' but Republicans has ceded their power to the WH.

Don't worry though, they'll flip the script again when a Democrat is in the WH and you'll see cowards like Jason Chaffetz run for office preaching the need for congressional oversight once again.

I'm pretty sure the latter is what has to happen. That said, it's entirely too late for that.

I thought Nancy Pelosi was a sharp politician? How'd she let this one go?

Impeachment over the Emoluments Clause gets you a slam-dunk case with something that's clearly spelled out right there in the Constitution. (She should have gone for bribery too, but I digress) Not to mention the investigative phase would've been a nightmare filled with bees for Trump as they went over his finances with a fine-toothed comb.

I thought Nancy Pelosi was a sharp politician? How'd she let this one go?

Impeachment over the Emoluments Clause gets you a slam-dunk case with something that's clearly spelled out right there in the Constitution. (She should have gone for bribery too, but I digress) Not to mention the investigative phase would've been a nightmare filled with bees for Trump as they went over his finances with a fine-toothed comb.

Well, I'm not gonna do Pelosi's work for her. :hihi:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom