Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

Joint statement from seven GOP members of the House (or elect-members). One of them is my representative (member-elect Nancy Mace).

It contains this remarkable statement:
    "Guy's, if we screw with the EC we'll never win again"

Amazing how they just say that out loud. Not that it's a secret. But.. wow.

Not unexpected but Corker chimes in.

Oh, good, he's sadden.

How about holding them to account!!! Their behavior regarding this matter amounts to sedition against The United States. They are blatantly trying to destroy democracy by overturning an election and appointing trump as POTUS.

Is any of this acceptable behavior for any elected official?

Oh, good, he's sadden.

How about holding them to account!!! Their behavior regarding this matter amounts to sedition against The United States. They are blatantly trying to destroy democracy by overturning an election and appointing trump as POTUS.

Is any of this acceptable behavior for any elected official?

Corker isn't in office anymore, primarily because he stood up to the Trumpettes from day one. I don't think you can put him in this category. Had he been in office during impeachment I'll bet dollars to donuts he'd have voted to convict.

I’ve already sent three emails to my one Senator who is on the shameful list. I’m not being especially polite about it either, because I’m finding as I get older I don’t have time for foolish behavior. 😁

I’ve sent letters to my Senators/Reps as well.. the easiest way to do it is to text SEDITION to 504-09.. They will then forward letters to your Senators/Congressmen and will add your name to a petition asking Pelosi not to seat the 126 reps who are trying to overthrow the election.. It’s legit, i and a few friends sent them about an hour ago.. it told me i was number 66,476 to sign, and i’ve already heard back from one of my Senators that they received the letter.

Last edited:
    I’ve sent letters to my Senators/Reps as well.. the easiest way to do it is to text SEDITION to 504-09.. They will then forward letters to your Senators/Congressmen asking Pelosi not to seat the 126 reps who are trying to overthrow the election.. It’s legit, i and a few friends sent them about an hour ago.. it told me i was number 66,476 to sign, and i’ve already heard back from one of my Senators that they received the letter.

I’m number 70,000. 😎

Also, one of my representatives that got the message is one that’s going to protest, so that’s probably not going to be too effective.

This is setting a dangerous precedent. Someone needs to remind these Republicans that they never win the popular vote in presidential elections.

I’m number 70,000. 😎

Also, one of my representatives that got the message is one that’s going to protest, so that’s probably not going to be too effective.
    I'm 182,370. My idiot senator elect Tuberville is one of the ones that plans to object. It would be great if McConnell also didn't seat the seditious senators.

I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

The WSJ editorial piece is dishonest about the Russian interference in 2016 and in putting Democratic protests in 2016 in the same piece with Republican seditious protests in 2020, but they give good pragmatic strategy advice to Republicans. Many thought Trump intended to destroy the Republican party, and he still has a chance to do it. Hopefully an honest party will rise from the ashes.

I'm 182,370. My idiot senator elect Tuberville is one of the ones that plans to object. It would be great if McConnell also didn't seat the seditious senators.

I can't even get through at the moment. Resistbot is popular tonight.

image0.jpg

The problem is that if they really "try to storm the Capitol" as one wrote, then this is going to a completely different level. Don't underestimate the power of "stupid" - Some may actually try to do just that

How can they NOT see that what they are planing to do is actually a coup against the very nation at least some of them (the ex-soldier) has sworn to protect ?

The problem is that if they really "try to storm the Capitol" as one wrote, then this is going to a completely different level. Don't underestimate the power of "stupid" - Some may actually try to do just that

How can they NOT see that what they are planing to do is actually a coup against the very nation at least some of them (the ex-soldier) has sworn to protect ?
    I suspect that a lot of it is Russian bots trying to whip the MAGAts into a frenzy.

I'm not saying that the idiots won't try though. I'm just saying that I suspect that there's a push from outside.

I looked up "Theobjectivetruth" on Twitter. Not there.

I noticed that it says The Donald at the top of the page. I don't know if it still exists. One time, it went into lockdown so that only subscribers could view it. Then they were banned for inciting violence.

I don't know if they moved to a different platform but I couldn't find that user on Reddit. There was mention of his other posts but nothing that I could find.

I suspect that a lot of it is Russian bots trying to whip the MAGAts into a frenzy.

I'm not saying that the idiots won't try though. I'm just saying that I suspect that there's a push from outside.

I looked up "Theobjectivetruth" on Twitter. Not there.

I noticed that it says The Donald at the top of the page. I don't know if it still exists. One time, it went into lockdown so that only subscribers could view it. Then they were banned for inciting violence.

I don't know if they moved to a different platform but I couldn't find that user on Reddit. There was mention of his other posts but nothing that I could find.

I found it. I feel dirty now.

I actually hope they do try something stupid like storm the capitol. The more people like that, that will be eliminated from the gene pool the better.
    "Blue Lives matter! support the troops! I'll do that by trying to murder them"... ironic? na just stupidity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom