Trump loyalists in Congress to challenge Electoral College results in Jan. 6 joint session (Update: Insurrectionists storm Congress)(And now what?) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I guess it's time to start a thread for this. We know that at least 140 members of Congress have pledged to join the objection. Under federal law, if at least one member of each house (HOR and Senate) objects, each house will adjourn the joint session for their own session (limited at two hours) to take up the objection. If both houses pass a resolution objecting to the EC result, further action can take place. If both houses do not (i.e. if one or neither passes a resolution), the objection is powerless and the college result is certified.

Clearly this is political theater as we know such a resolution will not pass the House, and there's good reason to think it wouldn't pass the Senate either (with or without the two senators from Georgia). The January 6 joint session is traditionally a ceremonial one. This one will not be.

Many traditional pillars of Republican support have condemned the plan as futile and damaging. Certainly the Trump loyalists don't care - and many are likely doing it for fundraising purposes or to carry weight with the fraction of their constituencies that think this is a good idea.

IMO if the right could be honest with themselves and consistently held the same position on the January 6th rioters/terrorists as they generally do with stuff like Rittenhouse and everything involving that.. I think that they'd have to acknowledge that they personally believe that the shooting of Ashley Babbitt was justified as fork and that truthfully - and with their political affiliations aside - many more rioters should have lost their lives that day.

IMO if the right could be honest with themselves and consistently held the same position on the January 6th rioters/terrorists as they generally do with stuff like Rittenhouse and everything involving that.. I think that they'd have to acknowledge that they personally believe that the shooting of Ashley Babbitt was justified as fork and that truthfully - and with their political affiliations aside - many more rioters should have lost their lives that day.

You know, maybe this country doesn't deserve to survive? Not when millions of redneck Americans consider this chubby little shirt Rittenhouse to be a "hero".

I was reading on Twitter this morning that inauthentic accounts sprang into action last evening as soon as the news about the tragedy in Wisconsin came out. Trying to assign blame, whipping up conservatives about civil war. If regular conservatives and/or real people don’t wake up and see this for what it is, we are in for some bumpy times.

Not a good day for Trump. If he has a dog, it probably has been kicked multilple times.
    First Epsein's pilot named dropped Trump and now this..
    If the court also rejects his bid (which i'm sure they will) to withold Jan 6th documents, he may implode...

looking on the bright side I guess
    ==================

A Texas realtor who flew to Washington, DC, on a private jet and took part in the Capitol riot said she plans to practise yoga, detox from alcohol, and lose 30 pounds in jail.

Jenna Ryan, who pleaded guilty to a single federal misdemeanor charge of parading on Capitol grounds, was last month given a $1,500 fine and sentenced to 60 days in a Texas jail, according to court documents seen by Insider. The documents show she is due to go to jail sometime after January 3 — almost one year after the insurrection.

In a TikTok posted on Sunday, Ryan discussed what she plans on doing in jail, adding that her main goal is losing a weight.

Posing in front of a mirror in a sports bra and yoga pants, Ryan said: "I have to report to prison and the only thing that I can see that is good about going to have to go to prison, is that I'm going to be able to work out a lot and do a lot of yoga and detox."............

Guess this can go here
    ==================
    In the months after President Donald Trump lost the November election, lawyer Sidney Powell raised large sums from donors inspired by her fight to reverse the outcome of the vote.

But by April, questions about where the money was going — and how much there was — were helping to sow division between Powell and other leaders of her new nonprofit, Defending the Republic.

On April 9, many members of the staff and board resigned, documents show. Among those who departed after just days on the job was Chief Financial Officer Robert Weaver, who in a memo at the time wrote that he had “no way of knowing the true financial position” of Defending the Republic because some of its bank accounts were off limits even to him.

Records reviewed by The Washington Post show that Defending the Republic raised more than $14 million, a sum that reveals the reach and resonance of one of the most visible efforts to fundraise using baseless claims about the 2020 election.

Previously unreported records also detail acrimony between Powell and her top lieutenants over how the money — now a focus of inquiries by federal prosecutors and Congress — was being handled.

The split has left Powell, who once had Trump’s ear, isolated from other key figures in the election-denier movement. Even so, as head of Defending the Republic, she controlled $9 million as recently as this summer, according to an audited financial statement from the group.

The mistrust of U.S. elections that she and her former allies stoked endures. Polls show that one-third of Americans — including a majority of Republicans — believe that Trump lost because of fraud………

looking on the bright side I guess
    ==================

A Texas realtor who flew to Washington, DC, on a private jet and took part in the Capitol riot said she plans to practise yoga, detox from alcohol, and lose 30 pounds in jail.

Jenna Ryan, who pleaded guilty to a single federal misdemeanor charge of parading on Capitol grounds, was last month given a $1,500 fine and sentenced to 60 days in a Texas jail, according to court documents seen by Insider. The documents show she is due to go to jail sometime after January 3 — almost one year after the insurrection.

In a TikTok posted on Sunday, Ryan discussed what she plans on doing in jail, adding that her main goal is losing a weight.

Posing in front of a mirror in a sports bra and yoga pants, Ryan said: "I have to report to prison and the only thing that I can see that is good about going to have to go to prison, is that I'm going to be able to work out a lot and do a lot of yoga and detox."............

Just as tone deaf and clueless as she ever was, smh. No lesson learned.

Just as tone deaf and clueless as she ever was, smh. No lesson learned.

What lesson was she supposed to learn? That white privilege has its benefits? She already knew that. She bragged about her white privilege.

A black person who did what this stupid birch did would get 5 years in jail. Easily.

Garland and the Democrats have already thrown in the towel in making these Republican terrorists pay for crippling our democracy. It's all over in Nov 2022.

It appears that Meadows may have blinked:

And now he's staring again...

He must have received a phone call from Mar-Arg-Loco

He can be indicted as well.
    I would attach this news with the other news about Devin Nunes leaving Congress to go to work for Trump. Together those stories suggest Trump is attempting to build himself a stonewall around "Mar-Arg-Loco"* to hunker down in.

* A hat tip to the GrandAdmiral for that quote.

I just found this, but it looks fascinating. In that it finally confirms what has been suspected by a whole lot of us for a while:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom