Trump is done (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

st dude

Admin
    Reaction score
    Trump is done, stick a fork in him. He will not be re-elected. Don’t ask me what the last straw was for him, I cannot say. It might have been the transcript of the call where he asked Ukraine to investigate the Bidens while withholding military aid. Maybe it was when he doubled down and asked China to investigate a political rival (a fact some of his supporters in Congress incredibly deny he said because it’s otherwise indefensible). It might have been when he withdrew our military from Syria against the advice of his military advisers and his closest supporters. Maybe it was when the news division at Fox stood up on their hind legs and started calling him out. Or perhaps its his increasingly unhinged twitter rants that are making some question his sanity. The latest scandal with his whacked out attorney Giuliani cavorting with criminals cannot help.

Whatever the last straw was, it is my admittedly amateur political opinion that Trump is no longer electable. Remember this was a president who lost the popular vote. The democrats do not need his supporters to desert him in droves, they just need 10 percent or do. Recent polls show more Republicans than that think he should be impeached. And I don’t think things get better for Trump. It has the feel that it is imploding around him with more and more people he appointed and then fired willing to question his judgment, if not his sanity. It’s just hard for me at this point to see him holding on to enough of his supporters to win. I have friends who voted for him who if presented with an unacceptable democrat choice will simply not vote rather than vote for Trump.

As for the many I know who voted for Trump I will say this. I understand Clinton was an unacceptable choice to you. I get it if you wanted deregulation or if getting conservatives on the Supreme Court made voting for Trump worth it to you. What is beyond me is how any reasonable person can say Trump is a good man. He is not. He is a narcissist. He is rude and uncivil. He is a serial liar, lying about the stupidest of things. Did you believe him when he claimed his inaugural crowd was the biggest ever? How about when he drew a circle on a weather map to double down on a ridiculous lie that Alabama was in the path of a hurricane? Do his supporters remember when he got on tv and denied paying Stormy Daniels? Can anyone with any intellectual honesty believe he did not withhold military aid to coerce Ukraine to investigate a political rival?

In my lifetime I have seen nothing like it. I have crossed party lines to vote for many presidents. I was not a fan of the second George Bush nor Richard Nixon. But I never questioned their sanity, I never questioned their patriotism. I was proud of George Bush when he went to the trade center after 9-11.

Trump is only about Trump. He has no religion, which matters not to me other than the fact the religious right seems him as having some mandate from God. I don’t know that he even cares that much about his kids, what he said about his other daughter was hateful and cruel.

I’m calling it now. He might make a decent showing, he has his base for sure. But he will not be re-elected. He has lost enough of his base where he will not win. He won by such a narrow margin, he can’t afford to lose any votes and it’s almost impossible to believe the combination of his recent shenanigans will not cost him some votes.

I am not sure what Trump is trying to say, but Sweet Ann gets frustrated because Trump is too soft on immigration. And as far as DACA folks, she says they should be the first to go and that we can get to the criminals later.
    That she wants k̶i̶d̶s̶ young adults who have only ever lived in this country to be the first ones deported should tell you all you into know about the unfettered emptiness where her soul should be.

Last edited:
    She clearly says in that tweet that the DACA folks can stay, but Trump has to go. That is the part that confused me, too.

I see your point, but I think the part about DACA staying was tounge in cheek- just setting up the joke.

Trust me, Ann doesn't want Daca to stay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom