Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

If there is something in that NPR story that says that Hillary did not keep thousands of classified documents in her servers, you are welcome to quote it. I never said that she kept thousands of top secrets.

If your point is that "everyone does it," you're absolutely right. At high levels and low levels, classified information is often not handled in the strict way envisioned by laws, protocols and SOPs. I served my first two years as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army in an MI unit in Germany, and I was shocked at first by how cavalier they were about classified info.

I only birch about Hillary's private server because of the double standard, the two-tiered justice system, which is actually multi-tiered.
    As my suspicions are confirmed. The persecuted, everyone else does it, and everyone is out to get me persona appears . That explains the detachment from reality.

Show us where she had thousands of classified emails? But really you don't need to as it's not true and is just another distraction from what trump did. She used her server to communicate via emails as did Collin Powell before her. As did jeb bush and most high level dc politicians. She did it as a suggestion by Powell as the state department email system was quite lacking then. It turns out that that system was later hacked. And forgive me if I don't believe your bogus outrage about a double standard when pence, Ivanka, Jared miller, etc used what's app and other private emails. Or trump in the oval office exposed the method of Israel intelligence to two Russians and their camera crew.

You don't care for the double standards. It's only an outrage that trump is caught and held accountable for withholding national secrets.

If they just quietly conducted their investigation, not so much of a horror. The target isn't really affected by the investigation

Pretty horrible that they leak so much information that is lawfully supposed to be secret to meet their own political goals. The FBI has always fought dirty when it comes to their perceived political enemies.
    Do you live in reality? The feds quietly tried to recover their material. You beans for brains hero, the great persecuted announced it loudly. He had the right to remain silent. He can't stop yapping.

So in your reality, I hand over the exact location of our nukes to the Chinese, our two carrier fleet location in the Pacific and their weaknesses, and everything that will harm the us. But as long as I'm popular to a bunch of morons, I am free to do whatever I want as long as I declare to run for president? Is that the reality you want us to live? That what you are suggesting?

No, I'm not assuming that. My point is that this is Trump's goal. I think the indictment locks Trump into the nomination, but the general election depends mainly on whether the Democrats are able to dump Biden. By Democrats, I mean the Democrat voters. The Democratic establishment loves Biden for the Same reason the GOP establishment hates Trump. Control.
    Wtf?

If they just quietly conducted their investigation, not so much of a horror. The target isn't really affected by the investigation

Pretty horrible that they leak so much information that is lawfully supposed to be secret to meet their own political goals. The FBI has always fought dirty when it comes to their perceived political enemies.

You do realize that this became public when Trump started to post about it on social media, right?

As my suspicions are confirmed. The persecuted, everyone else does it, and everyone is out to get me persona appears . That explains the detachment from reality.

Show us where she had thousands of classified emails? But really you don't need to as it's not true and is just another distraction from what trump did. She used her server to communicate via emails as did Collin Powell before her. As did jeb bush and most high level dc politicians. She did it as a suggestion by Powell as the state department email system was quite lacking then. It turns out that that system was later hacked. And forgive me if I don't believe your bogus outrage about a double standard when pence, Ivanka, Jared miller, etc used what's app and other private emails. Or trump in the oval office exposed the method of Israel intelligence to two Russians and their camera crew.

You don't care for the double standards. It's only an outrage that trump is caught and held accountable for withholding national secrets.
    There were thousands of unauthorized sensitive documents that we know were on her server. Even the Washington Post admits that she had 104 classified documents, in spite of her specious denials. 22 of them were Top Secret. 38 of her staffers were cited for mishandling classified documents, but the ringleader got off scott free.

Those were the 58,000 pages of documents that she turned over. She claimed the rest were personal, like "recipes." This from the person who mocked women that "stayed home and baked cookies." She defied a subpoena, wiping her server instead. Imagine if Trump had defied the subpoena instead of negotiating over it, and had simply burned all the documents. Hillary did the electronic version of that, and - again - got off scott free.

So, if the people who are shouting the loudest about the allegations against Biden admit they don’t have evidence against him, admit that their evidence may not be true, and admit they don’t care if it’s true or not…what evidence do YOU have thst Joe Biden committed crimes?

Because sweet little baby Jesus said so? Or something? Don't let facts get in the way of faith!!!!

You do realize that this became public when Trump started to post about it on social media, right?
    Sure, the indictment, but that was coming out anyway. Grand jury procedings are by law secret, but the FBI and/or DOJ gleefully fed CNN every negative piece of information that they could. Google CNN exclusive" and see for yourself. Likely an attempt to help CNN with their anemic ratings, while smearing Trump.

This kinda makes a huge assumption that Trump gets re-elected.

I actually hope his legal team is able to delay prosecution long enough for him to run.....Biden will win in a landslide....I think there are a good portion of women in this country that will vote against politicians deciding what they can/can't do with their bodies....so there's that.....

My dream scenario is he loses in the most lopsided presidential election in history and then gets prosecuted with some nice jail time included, be that what it will.....

Add to that, there were ZERO leaks from Smith's investigation, despite what worshipers of trump would say. The only comments regarding the investigation came from its target.

No, I'm not assuming that. My point is that this is Trump's goal. I think the indictment locks Trump into the nomination, but the general election depends mainly on whether the Democrats are able to dump Biden. By Democrats, I mean the Democrat voters. The Democratic establishment loves Biden for the Same reason the GOP establishment hates Trump. Control.
    Biden has his problems however the midterms were probably a decent indicator of how it would go in 2024.. Trump will always bring out the vote against himself and there's no real reason to believe that moderates and those in the middle will be moving back towards him and so with that combination working against him (and while I wouldn't count the chickens yet because a recession or something can always change the dynamics) I don't believe he would win and I don't think it would be as close as last time.

The only comments regarding the investigation came from its target.
    Yes, the prosecuion camp is not going to openly comment to CNN. They prefer leaks so they can never be held accountable for what is given to CNN.

Do you doubt the truthfulness of the leaks?

Yes, the prosecuion camp is not going to openly comment to CNN. They prefer leaks so they can never be held accountable for what is given to CNN.

Do you doubt the truthfulness of the leaks?

Stay with me because this is going to take some critical thinking on your part: Who does it benefit to leak information to the the press?

The prosecutors conducting a high profile investigation that will blow up in their faces if there's even a hint of impropriety? How does any of that benefit the prosecutors?

Or...

The defense team who's only defense is establishing prosecutor misconduct?

Oh...the sources of your proof of the DoJ leaks are after the the close of the Grand Jury and the criminal indictment.

Your boy has demonstrated time and again the he can't keep his mouth shut. After each time the Special Counsel contacts his legal team, he runs to social media to tell his lemmings what was conveyed to his attorneys and how they should feel about it. That has always been his strategy and he will not stop because you fall for it each time.

There were thousands of unauthorized sensitive documents that we know were on her server. Even the Washington Post admits that she had 104 classified documents, in spite of her specious denials. 22 of them were Top Secret. 38 of her staffers were cited for mishandling classified documents, but the ringleader got off scott free.

Those were the 58,000 pages of documents that she turned over. She claimed the rest were personal, like "recipes." This from the person who mocked women that "stayed home and baked cookies." She defied a subpoena, wiping her server instead. Imagine if Trump had defied the subpoena instead of negotiating over it, and had simply burned all the documents. Hillary did the electronic version of that, and - again - got off scott free.
    Did you read the citation or are your info from your assumptions? Do you understand email chains? Do you understand the vast difference between replying to an email that someone included vs hoarding vast national security secrets and a conspiracy to withhold it from the government?

The month before he was sworn into office, President Biden vowed to keep a significant distance between himself and any actions the Justice Department might take under his watch.

“I’m not going to be telling them what they have to do and don’t have to do,” he said in a CNN interview in December 2020. “I’m not going to be saying, ‘Go prosecute A, B or C.’ I’m not going to be telling them. That’s not the role. It’s not my Justice Department, it’s the people’s Justice Department.”

The comments encapsulated a core aspect of Biden’s run for office: his promise to restore confidence in American institutions after the chaotic tenure of President Donald Trump, who often showed little compunction about employing the levers of government for his own ends.

That notion — the ironclad separation of law and politics — will now be tested like rarely before in American history.
Trump, who is Biden’s predecessor and also his leading 2024 opponent, has now been indicted and charged with crimes that Biden’s own Justice Department is prosecuting.

Anything the president says that is critical of Trump will probably be seized upon by Republicans as evidence that he is trying to influence the legal case. Any appearance he makes with his own attorney general, Merrick Garland, will face intense scrutiny and could fuel further attacks.

“President Biden has to keep a moat between himself and the Justice Department,” said Douglas Brinkley, an author and presidential historian. “You definitely don’t want to see Biden and Merrick Garland whisper together. They barely can be seen at a public event together now. They certainly can’t be in huddle mode. That’s a strange scenario in itself.”

Even before Trump’s indictment for allegedly mishandling classified documents became public Thursday night, Biden was asked by a reporter how he could persuade Americans to trust the independence and fairness of his Justice Department when it is repeatedly attacked by Trump.
Biden nodded toward an answer he is likely to continue giving.

“Because you notice I have never once — not one single time — suggested to the Justice Department what they should do or not do, relative to bringing a charge or not bringing a charge,” he said at the close of a news conference with British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak. “I’m honest.”…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom