Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

Did he? Trump's business lied on their financial statements. That is not in dispute.

But, what happened next is crucial to showing just how ingrained fraud is in the Trump businesses.

1) The judge issued an order appointing a special monitor to oversee all financial transactions done by the Trump company to ensure that they did not try to hide assets before the trial was over. The company was required to submit copies of all financial documents that the company submitted to other businesses to the special monitor. They did this for a short period, then they began submitting summaries of those documents, instead of actual copies. The monitor pressured the company, reminding them that they were required to submit actual copies to her, and they relented, and sent her copies. She contacted some of the businesses in question, and requested copies of the documents the Trump organization submitted to them. She found that the copies she was provided by the Trump organization were materially different from the copies that they actually submitted to the special monitor. THEY COMMITTED FRAUD, WHILE THE TRIAL WAS ONGOING, BY SUBMITTING FAKE COPIES OF DOCUMENTS TO THE SPECIAL MONITOR.

2) Following up on some of the claims in the financial documents, the special monitor questioned one of the Trump businesses for records regarding a $48 million personal loan that Donald Trump reportedly made to that business. No one at that company could find any records of that loan, and no one was aware of any such loan. The representatives of the company ensured the special monitor that their future documents would not include mentions of this reported loan. THEY COMMITTED FRAUD (and potential tax fraud), WHILE THE TRIAL WAS ONGOING, BY LYING ABOUT A NON-EXISTENT LOAN THAT TRUMP CLAIMED HE PERSONALLY MADE TO ONE OF HIS COMPANIES.

3) After the judges ruling, both parties were required to provide a proposal showing how the Trump company could pay for the penalties determined by the court. The AG's office reviewed Trump's proposal, and found that there were multiple companies listed on the proposal that showed Florida addresses, even though they were located in New York, and had NY addresses on previous documents. THEY COMITTED FRAUD, AFTER THE TRIAL ENDED, BY TRYING TO HIDE ASSETS BY FALSELY CLAIMING THAT THOSE BUSINESSES WERE NOT LOCATED IN NEW YORK.
    its like trump is not smart enough to not commit fraud I mean while you at trail for it no less. this is the brilliant business man he keeps telling us he is?

I love Joe's first line...."regardless what you think of Trump and Musk".....

What if I think one is a criminal that is finally having to answer to his many crimes?

What if I think the other is an entitled, uber wealthy racist, authoritarian snowflake that allows Nazi propaganda on his social media site but bans anyone that criticizes him or anything he likes....

Regardless what you think.....my arse.....

Eric Trump has come out railing against the $454m fraudulent property valuations judgment against his father Donald Trump, saying bonds the size of the half-a-billion dollar one the former president is being required to put up “don’t exist in this country”.

As a court-imposed deadline ticks down on the former president’s family and their businesses to come up with almost half-a-billion dollars, the 40-year-old executive vice-president of the Trump Organization told Fox News on Sunday that bond issuers laughed when he approached them for that sum.

“No one’s ever seen a bond this size,” Eric Trumpsaid. “Every single person, when I came to them saying, ‘Hey, can I get a half-billion-dollar bond?’ They were laughing. Top executives of large insurance companies had never seen anything of this size.”

He told host Maria Bartiromo: “A $10m bond is a large bond. A $15m bond is an enormous bond. A half-a-billion dollar bond?”

On Friday, Donald Trump said he has nearly $500m in cash and suggested he could afford bond in the New York case, which resulted in the former president, his company and some of its executives all being found liable for fraudulent business practices. But that contradicted Trump’s lawyers who have said a surety that would protect Trump’s assets from seizure while he appeals the judgement was “impossible” to obtain.

As soon as Tuesday morning, the New York attorney general, Letitia James, could begin to seize Trump’s assets, including his bank accounts and property. Eric Trump, who was fined close to $4m by Judge Arthur Engoron in the same case, was asked how he thought the court had arrived at the fine.

“You know what it was, it was a crooked number,” Eric Trump said. “They’re trying to put my father out of business or trying to take all his resources that you’d otherwise put into his own campaign for presidency.”

And he claimed that voters would see through the effort and return him to the White House at Joe Biden’s expense in November.

“It’s going to backfire because he’s going to win this,” Eric Trump said to the Republican-friendly network. “And everybody in this country universally knows exactly what these people are doing.”…….

Eric Trump has come out railing against the $454m fraudulent property valuations judgment against his father Donald Trump, saying bonds the size of the half-a-billion dollar one the former president is being required to put up “don’t exist in this country”.

As a court-imposed deadline ticks down on the former president’s family and their businesses to come up with almost half-a-billion dollars, the 40-year-old executive vice-president of the Trump Organization told Fox News on Sunday that bond issuers laughed when he approached them for that sum.

“No one’s ever seen a bond this size,” Eric Trumpsaid. “Every single person, when I came to them saying, ‘Hey, can I get a half-billion-dollar bond?’ They were laughing. Top executives of large insurance companies had never seen anything of this size.”

He told host Maria Bartiromo: “A $10m bond is a large bond. A $15m bond is an enormous bond. A half-a-billion dollar bond?”

On Friday, Donald Trump said he has nearly $500m in cash and suggested he could afford bond in the New York case, which resulted in the former president, his company and some of its executives all being found liable for fraudulent business practices. But that contradicted Trump’s lawyers who have said a surety that would protect Trump’s assets from seizure while he appeals the judgement was “impossible” to obtain.

As soon as Tuesday morning, the New York attorney general, Letitia James, could begin to seize Trump’s assets, including his bank accounts and property. Eric Trump, who was fined close to $4m by Judge Arthur Engoron in the same case, was asked how he thought the court had arrived at the fine.

“You know what it was, it was a crooked number,” Eric Trump said. “They’re trying to put my father out of business or trying to take all his resources that you’d otherwise put into his own campaign for presidency.”

And he claimed that voters would see through the effort and return him to the White House at Joe Biden’s expense in November.

“It’s going to backfire because he’s going to win this,” Eric Trump said to the Republican-friendly network. “And everybody in this country universally knows exactly what these people are doing.”…….

I love that they are going through this.

:rolleyes:

====================

New York appellate court’s ruling to reduce Trump’s bond is "highly unusual," legal expert says​

From CNN’s Allison Morrow

Donald Trump scored a roughly 60% discount on the amount of cash he’ll need to pony up to avoid having his assets seized by the state of New York — an outcome that one legal expert said was “highly unusual.”
    A New York appellate court reduced Trump’s bond to $175 million from $464 billion, and granted him 10 days to come up with the payment.
    “It’s highly unusual that it would be reduced at all,” said Mitchell Epner, a former federal prosecutor in New York. “And it’s highly unusual that it would be reduced by this amount.

===================

:rolleyes:

====================

New York appellate court’s ruling to reduce Trump’s bond is "highly unusual," legal expert says​

From CNN’s Allison Morrow

Donald Trump scored a roughly 60% discount on the amount of cash he’ll need to pony up to avoid having his assets seized by the state of New York — an outcome that one legal expert said was “highly unusual.”
    A New York appellate court reduced Trump’s bond to $175 million from $464 billion, and granted him 10 days to come up with the payment.

===================

some perspective here.

Thats a reduction of the bonding requirement, not the courts award. .

All that does is put a bonding company on the hook for $175,000,000 maximum. Still gonna need to come up with 20-30% of $175,000,000 in a premium for that bond and thats if a company ( or companies ) want to take this on. Because chances are that he will simply look to file bankruptcy or find another way to avoid the remaining $280,000,000~ payment and that leaves the bond company paying out $175,000,000 on just $40,000,000 in premium. Now they can go after him for the remaining amount of $135,000,000, but if whatever corporation he obtained the bond under files bankruptcy, good luck with that.

All the courts did was attempt to make it more "enticing" for someone to bond him by alleviating the bond companys obligation in the event of default.

So while this helps him in the short term, it doesnt do all that much long term.

That was on Fox, right? He told someone...ON FOX NEWS....that a half-a-billion dollar bond is crazy? ON FOX NEWS? The organization that paid an $800 million settlement to avoid losing more than that in court?

So, Trump has been begging the courts for mercy since he can't find anyone to put up a half billion bond for him....But, what did he say on "Truth" Central on Friday?

"THROUGH HARD WORK, TALENT, AND LUCK, I CURRENTLY HAVE ALMOST FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH. A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF WHICH I INTEND TO USE IN MY CAMPAIGN FOR PRESIDENT."

So, which is it Donnie? Do you have the cash, or not?

The Trumps are lying about a bond of that size being “impossible”. Shocker, I know.

they are just leaving out the one item that Bonding companies spend a LOT of time on- credit worthy-ness of the applicant. Its the No 1 underwriting criteria to obtain a bond. Not 2 or 3- no 1. If you aint got good credit, you aints got a bond.

LOLOL.

Shoot, most complain when i have to explain that they cant get bond ( construction bonds- payment/performance etc ) and they come back with "but i have over $XXX in the bank"

Well then get that bank to extend you a Line of Credit? ohhhh they wont? huh.

New York Times reporter and CNN commentator Maggie Haberman said the reality of facing a criminal trial has not yet hit former President Donald Trump, who is under indictment in four jurisdictions.

Trump’s first trial will take place in New York beginning April 15. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg alleges the presumptive Republican presidential nominee falsified business records to conceal hush money payments made to cover up extramarital affairs ahead of the 2016 election. The former president has pleaded not guilty to all counts.

Haberman appeared on Monday’s edition of The Source on CNN.

“What do you think it’ll be like, though?” host Kaitlan Collins asked. “Do you think it’s set in for him that the trial’s actually starting in three weeks?”

Haberman replied:

Absolutely not. I’m told that he does understand that this is not likely that he’s going to win on appeal. It’s a slim to none chance in trying to delay this further and that the trial will start in 21 days. But I don’t think this is gonna become real for him until we get much closer to it. And Kaitlan, I have to say that sitting in that courtroom for him four days a week – if there’s gonna be a pause on Wednesdays, but four days a week in this very ding sort of Bonfire of the Vanities type courtroom – is gonna be pretty interesting to watch.

Being on Trump's legal, campaign or PR team has to be beyond exhausting
    ========================================

A day after a New York judge ruled that Donald Trump’s hush money trial could go ahead as planned on Monday 15 April, the Republican presidential candidate attacked both the justice and his daughter on Truth Social, accusing them of political bias.

“Judge Juan Merchan, a very distinguished looking man, is nevertheless a true and certified Trump Hater who suffers from a very serious case of Trump Derangement Syndrome,” Mr Trump wrote, having evidently gotten a close look at his antagonist during his visit to the former’s Manhattan courtroom on Monday.

“In other words, he hates me! His daughter is a senior executive at a Super Liberal Democrat firm that works for Adam ‘Shifty’ Schiff, the Democrat National Committee, (Dem) Senate Majority PAC, and even Crooked Joe Biden.”

The defendant then pivoted towards accusing the justice of “viciously” going after his former Trump Organization chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, who was jailed by Judge Merchan in 2023 after being found guilty of tax offences.

“He was recently the judge on an unrelated trial of a long term employee, elderly and not in good health. This judge treated him viciously, telling him either you cooperate or I’m putting you in jail for 15 years.

“He pled, and went to jail for very minor offenses, highly unusual, served 4 months in Rikers, and now they are after him again, this time for allegedly lying (doesn’t look like a lie to me!), and they threatened him again with 15 years if he doesn’t say something bad about ‘TRUMP.’

“He is devastated and scared! These COUNTRY DESTROYING SCOUNDRELS & THUGS HAVE NO CASE AGAINST ME. WITCH HUNT!”............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom