Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

I will wait for any trials. Over on Democratic Underground it seems there is a new thread every day proclaiming Trump is REALLY in hot water THIS time. While knowing what is going on is important but getting worked up over every little pronouncement or prediction of pending indictments becomes white noise signifying little. And, yes, schadenfreude can be fun but I want to see verdicts, not just indictments.

I will wait for any trials. Over on Democratic Underground it seems there is a new thread every day proclaiming Trump is REALLY in hot water THIS time. While knowing what is going on is important but getting worked up over every little pronouncement or prediction of pending indictments becomes white noise signifying little. And, yes, schadenfreude can be fun but I want to see verdicts, not just indictments.
    And the thing is, with the clock ticking, it's possible, even likely, that time will run out before these cases can be litigated prior to the start of voting in the primaries.

Nothing matters until there are actual verdicts/convictions.

The judge also hinted at Trump using the investigation to raise money, so it can’t be that much of a harm to him.

IMG_4964.jpeg

And the thing is, with the clock ticking, it's possible, even likely, that time will run out before these cases can be litigated prior to the start of voting in the primaries.

Nothing matters until there are actual verdicts/convictions.
    Agree completely. Unfortunately, alleged criminals such as Trump enjoy the fruits of a two tier justice system. They are afforded consideration which, imo, they should never get. Far too often White white collar crime is viewed as something to be frowned and harrumphed about despite the level of criminal action while blue collar and/or crime involving poor people/people of color is viewed as horrific and requires swift punishment. Making an example of White white collar criminals would go far to eliminating two tier justice. There are, of course, other considerations regarding two tier justice that need addressing.

Agree completely. Unfortunately, alleged criminals such as Trump enjoy the fruits of a two tier justice system. They are afforded consideration which, imo, they should never get. Far too often White white collar crime is viewed as something to be frowned and harrumphed about despite the level of criminal action while blue collar and/or crime involving poor people/people of color is viewed as horrific and requires swift punishment. Making an example of White white collar criminals would go far to eliminating two tier justice. There are, of course, other considerations regarding two tier justice that need addressing.
    The irony is that Trump supporters think the two tiered system is why Trump is getting targeted. Lol.

I just heard that Trump is polling at 54%, DeSantis at 17, and all others at 3 or lower. Based on that, I heard a quip that Trump is 1 indictment away from securing the Republican nomination. Sadly, I think that’s true. It shouldn’t deter anyone from pursuing Justice, but it is a sad testament to the mindset of Republicans. The more criminality is revealed, the more they want to support him. They seem to prefer a criminal. They’re craving a strongman authoritarian.

I just heard that Trump is polling at 54%, DeSantis at 17, and all others at 3 or lower. Based on that, I heard a quip that Trump is 1 indictment away from securing the Republican nomination. Sadly, I think that’s true. It shouldn’t deter anyone from pursuing Justice, but it is a sad testament to the mindset of Republicans. The more criminality is revealed, the more they want to support him. They seem to prefer a criminal. They’re craving a strongman authoritarian.
    Yes, they do prefer a strongman. It, imo, allows them to believe said strongman would reward them while punishing their imagined enemies. Btw, this is evident when looked at from extreme left as well as extreme right. Authoritarian is authoritarian.

It looks like an indictment has been handed down (or up) by the grand jury. It's sealed for now.

============
    A judge agreed to seal the indictment returned by the grand jury hearing evidence in special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

There was no information given in court about the number of defendants or the identity of any defendant.

The judge also approved a summons for the unidentified defendant or defendants to appear in court.
    ==============

Donald Trump was charged Tuesday in a Justice Department investigation into his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election, a frantic but ultimately failed endeavor that culminated in the violent riot by his supporters at the U.S. Capitol.

The indictment, the third criminal case brought against the former president as he seeks to reclaim the White House in 2024, follows a long-running federal investigationinto schemes by Trump and his allies to subvert the peaceful transfer of power and keep him in office despite a decisive loss to Joe Biden.

The criminal case comes while Trump leads the field of Republicans vying to capture their party’s presidential nomination. It is sure to be dismissed by the former president and his supporters — and even some of his rivals — as just another politically motivated prosecution. Yet the charges stem from one of the most serious threats to American democracy in modern history……..

Truth Social meltdown in 3... 2... 1...
    I turned Twitter on during the Wagner mutiny and promptly turned it off as the mutiny ended. Seeing all the blue check remarks as the first few replies, I couldn't handle my news inundated with ignorance and senseless hate. I'm now tempted turn it back on.

“How do you think I became so rich? By paying for stuff myself? Either get others to pay or don’t pay at all”
    Lol. I remember telling maga family members about how trump would low ball contractors. If he owed $50k, he would write a check for $25k and tells the contractor to take it or they would be stuck in litigation for years. Not a dent.

I was just listening to Newell Normand and he wasn't too happy with Trump actions that brought these indictments. But he did stop short of calling them criminal acts. I don't typically listen to him, so i don't know his normal feelings towards Trump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom