Trump Indictment ( includes NY AG and Fed documents case ) (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Former President D. Trump has been indicted by a New York Grand Jury. There will be much to talk about on this topic because this is just the first step in a lengthy process.
    Possibly it is worthy of its own thread here rather than posting about Trump's indictment in already existing threads? :unsure:
    This 3/31/23 story might get the ball rolling....

This is the BS that we are living in.
    It is very much like some sort of psyops. They have been told so much BS they don’t know what to believe anymore.

I see the TDS is strong in this thread.
    I think Trump broke many of you.
    What happened to "don't trust the man" & "make love not war" in the Dem party?
    Went the same way as true liberalism I guess.

Yay, we get to have 2-tiered justice, political persecutions & banana republic kangaroo courts!!!

Might wanna tone down the rhetoric if you want to be taken seriously. And using phrases like "TDS" is a violation of the rules, fyi.

Yay, we get to have 2-tiered justice, political persecutions & banana republic kangaroo courts!!!
    Whatever happened to law and order Republicans? Oh, that’s right, they started to vanish with Saint Ronnie the Dim-Witted. Trump is a natural de-evolution of the Republican Party. Trump is not being persecuted. He is being prosecuted as he should be.

As for two-tiered justice? Do little research.

It's doesnt matter if he was on the campaign at that point. They were able to spy on the Trump campaign with the FISA Two hop rule also gave the FBI access to even more people than just Page:

While most FISC warrants remain classified, the few which have emerged through leaks, or been forced into the public domain by First Amendment lawsuits, paint a rather bleak picture. These warrants tell us the FISC has issued “mass” warrants which permit government surveillance based on statistical “selectors.”

These documents also tell us the FISC routinely includes authorization in their warrants for the government to surveil people in contact with their target, and people in contact with the contact; in a scheme referred to as “chaining,” these authorizations will include 2 or 3 “hops.” While the text of the Carter Page warrant application, and court approval, remain a secret, one shudders to think this authority was used to spy upon other members of the Trump campaign team who were in contact with Page.

You guys were obsessed with Trump being a Russian asset for over 4 years. Were you worried about the obsession then? Nope

Yall only claimed it's time to move on after it's all been discredited.
    He is, to borrow from Lenin, a useful idiot for Russia.

So is Trump Derangement Syndrome verboten as well?

Do ya'll have a preferred pronoun for this?
    In Trump’s case? Idiot definitely applies to him. Clown, buffoon, traitor, azzhat you can take your pick to describe the serial fraudster.

Oh, good. The next one.

I think this thing is going forward and she's the judge - however she rules, I don't think she'll be recusing herself or forced off the case (barring something wacky). I think the trial judge has quite a bit of discretion on setting the trial schedule, and I don't think it's something that can be appealed in the classic sense. I suppose that if she outright refused to set a trial date, that might be something DOJ can take up to the 11th but it would have to be in some other posture (injunction or mandamus).

I think anything this side of March is a win for DOJ. After that, it gets really tricky because the election season is really building momentum toward the conventions and a Trump trial in that period or even after (up through the election) could be so dramatic that it's just not in the interest of the court or the parties.

Wild speculation - she sets it for late January or early February. Or she could set it for December 11 like the prosecution has asked, but maybe set a status conference in six weeks to have the defense explain its progress and difficulties, and then perhaps allow them to re-file their motion to continue with a better explanation of their specific needs. What they filed was just a bunch of conjecture that DOJ appropriately swatted.
    I'll defer to you on this, you know a LOT more about the legal system than the rest of us. I was thinking that if she were to grant this request and not set a trial date, that the DOJ could use that to go to the 11th and try to force her off the case (or to slap her down AGAIN and force her to set a prompt date).

Realistically, though, I can't see her granting the motion. I'm more interested in how Trump will respond when she denies it.

So... yes you do have a preferred pronoun to describe the mental disorders ya'll display over Trump?
    Or yes we can talk about the derangements without specifically naming them?

Yes, saying someone has TDS is against the rules no matter how you phrase it.

Yes, everyone has preferred pronouns. Even you.

Law & order... you mean like supporting violent riots for months over the death of a counterfeiter druggie who resisted arrest like George Floyd?
    Or is it more about letting millions of unvetted illegals stream across the border while claiming it is secure?

Maybe it's like a sitting resident & his Crime Family that are caught taking bribes from foreign powers in exchange for favorable policy decisions with 10% going to the "The Big Guy"?
    The same resident that held numerous boxes of secret documents in numerous locations illegally & got caught on camera shutting down an Ukrainian corruption investigation into the same firm that employed his dead beat grifter son?

Gee, didn't they accuse DT of these same things & impeach/indict/persecute him?

No 2-tiered justice to see here.

Tell me about your "law & order" when they catch whoever is bringing cocaine into the WH.
    See you later Snarky or whoever the flock you are. I realize you can’t respond but I gotta ask: how do you get yourself dressed in the morning?

This is just total speculation, but Trump did just conflate being charged under the Insurrection Act with his current document charges:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom