Trump in the Superdome. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe Okc

Better Days
    Reaction score
    I was pleased to see Trump get a Standing ovation and come into the Superdome to the sound of Cheers... Was good to hear...

Drew and Trump 2.jpg

I would never fault anyone for taking an offer to sit with or meet any president of the United States, so Drew and Vince are fine by me.

I suspect that a very large number of people in the crowd have only ever stepped foot on LSU's or Clemson's campus to attend a sporting event. I also suspect that those are the people who were cheering Trump the loudest.

That whole walk on the field thing was really, really weird though. Is that common and I've just never noticed it?

Just going off Saints games, the Dome sounded maybe 50-60% noise level?

That whole walk on the field thing was really, really weird though. Is that common and I've just never noticed it?

No that was his all about me time.

That was so we could watch him waddle and watch how he does the national anthem.

And why does his wife always wear a coat? It was 75 degrees here at kickoff.

All I know are those ROTC cadets were out of step. That was a terrible display of marching. My Drill Instructor would have lost his mother loving mind about that.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I never noticed but it seems he would stop when they were not suppose too and the honor guard tried to keep time for a minute. It then seemed the honor guard just said 'fork it' and went to their spot and waited.

As I mentioned when this came up in another thread, I wasn't surprised one bit by the amount of cheering for Trump. Deep South football is his bread and butter and his PR team did the right thing by once again putting him in the spotlight of a place surrounded by his people (Solid red state crowd vs solid blue). They knew it'd be on TV, they knew that specific crowd would cheer for him. There's a reason he so awkwardly marched around on the field this time instead of just waving from the stands. They can chalk up the cheers as a win during a time when nothing seems to be going his way. I see nothing wrong with it and wasn't the least bit surprised.

I have to admit, it was a surprise. And Trump got to see a really good game.

Congrats LSU and fans...

I have seen multiple people say it was a "surprise" - not really sure where that's coming from. (Maybe you just meant it was a surprise for you b/c you didn't know, but I think someone else said that Trump's visit was a 'surprise' at the event).

It was in on the Advocate website as early as January 3.

I have seen multiple people say it was a "surprise" - not really sure where that's coming from. (Maybe you just meant it was a surprise for you b/c you didn't know, but I think someone else said that Trump's visit was a 'surprise' at the event).

It was in on the Advocate website as early as January 3.

I didn't have a clue until I saw him walk out. Also I was at work and I had no sound, so I had to watch the replay to see how it went...

President Kennedy coin flip at the Army/Navy game. Probably before your time.

1579031981948.png

Their whole handholding thing is so weird.

Is it? I think it is very reflective of what we all know to be true about their relationship. I see that sort of lack of intimacy and coldness between couples all of the time at family reunions, office parties and family events. At a certain point, it becomes hard to hide and easy to see.

Politics aside, you could tell these two were very into each other:

Selma-05.jpg

couple.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom