Trump GA Indictment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean, by that reasoning, none of this case is your concern since it's a Georgia state case.
    I have an interest in the legal case against Trump, because he's running for president which makes me a potential constituent. The judge did not rule that Willis did anything that is grounds for dismissing the case against Trump nor did he declare a mistrial.

That's all that matters to me.

Georgia and Fulton county can sort out any questions of ethical violations with Willis. I don't care what happens on that issue.

I have an interest in the legal case against Trump, because he's running for president which makes me a potential constituent. The judge did not rule that Willis did anything that is grounds for dismissing the case against Trump nor did he declare a mistrial.

That's all that matters to me.

Georgia and Fulton county can sort out any questions of ethical violations with Willis. I don't care what happens on that issue.
    Fair enough. I'll still say that her issues have definitely hurt the case, so it does matter, as much as we'd like to ignore it.

ATLANTA (AP) — The judge overseeing the Georgia election interference case is allowing Donald Trump to appeal a ruling allowing Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to remain on the prosecution.

Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee on Wednesday granted a request by defense attorneys to ask the Georgia Court of Appeals to review the judge’s decision. It’s now up to the appeals court to decide whether the court will hear it.

McAfee in a ruling last week denied the defense’s request to disqualify Willis from the case or dismiss the indictment over her romantic relationship with special prosecutor Nathan Wade. The judge said Willis can remain on the case as long as Wade resigns, which Wade did on Friday.…….

ATLANTA (AP) — Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said Saturday that the election interference prosecution against Donald Trump hasn’t been delayed by proceedings over her romantic relationship with a special prosecutor she hired for the case.

“I don’t feel like we have been slowed down at all,” Willis told CNN in an interview. “I think there are efforts to slow down the train, but the train is coming.”

Her latest comments come as defense attorneys continue to press claims about her handling of a sprawling prosecution against the former president and current GOP presumptive nominee. Trump faces four felony indictments — including separate federal and state cases for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election that he lost to President Joe Biden — but has fought to delay and dismiss the cases, arguing that political opponents are wrongly targeting him.…….

ATLANTA (AP) — Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said Saturday that the election interference prosecution against Donald Trump hasn’t been delayed by proceedings over her romantic relationship with a special prosecutor she hired for the case.

“I don’t feel like we have been slowed down at all,” Willis told CNN in an interview. “I think there are efforts to slow down the train, but the train is coming.”

Her latest comments come as defense attorneys continue to press claims about her handling of a sprawling prosecution against the former president and current GOP presumptive nominee. Trump faces four felony indictments — including separate federal and state cases for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election that he lost to President Joe Biden — but has fought to delay and dismiss the cases, arguing that political opponents are wrongly targeting him.…….

She can't be serious. Of course the case has been slowed down by her questionable actions. Owning up to what she did and then moving on should be her approach. It wouldn't end the questions people have, but I think people would be more understanding if she were honest with them.

Of course the case has been slowed down...
    What was scheduled on the court's calendar that had to be rescheduled for a later date? I haven't heard any reports that a trial date had been set or that this would push the trial date back I think that's what Willis is referring too.

What was scheduled on the court's calendar that had to be rescheduled for a later date? I haven't heard any reports that a trial date had been set or that this would push the trial date back I think that's what Willis is referring too.
    You actually think this hearing had no affect on the schedule?

Good, that's the focus they need to keep. Even if the trail is delayed they need to keeping moving forward and get to trial asap. I think all she's saying is the DA is ready to go.

You actually think this hearing had no affect on the schedule?
    I know there's a lot of variables to the timing of the schedule of a trial and that some motions don't delay the start of the trial, because the trial date is set with allowances for motions and other things.

Since I don't know the specific scheduling in this trial, I don't if the motion to remove will result in a delay of when the trial date will be set for.

Can you point to any specific information that says the motion and preceding will cause the trial date to be later than it would have?

Common sense is commonly wrong.

ATLANTA (AP) — A Georgia appeals court on Wednesday agreed to review a lower court ruling allowing Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to continue to prosecute the election interference case she brought against former President Donald Trump.

Trump and some other defendants in the case had tried to get Willis and her office removed from the case, saying her romantic relationship with special prosecutor Nathan Wade created a conflict of interest. Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee in March found that no conflict of interest existed that should force Willis off the case, but he granted a request from Trump and the other defendants to seek an appeal of his ruling from the Georgia Court of Appeals.

That intermediate appeals court agreed on Wednesdayto take up the case. Once it rules, the losing side could ask the Georgia Supreme Court to consider an appeal.

The appeals court’s decision to consider the case seems likely to cause a delay in a case and further reduce the possibility that it will get to trial before the November general election, when Trump is expected to be the Republican nominee for president.……

Of course. I heard Joyce Vance say this will make it impossible for this case to go to trial before the election. The court system is failing us right now. That only leaves his current trial and Jan 6. It seems like the Supreme Court is delaying that one needlessly as well. 😡

Would have been great if Fanni hadn't been so sloppy in her personal life giving Trump's team more excuses to delay the trial.
    Very true - but the appeals court didn’t have to take this up either. Or take so long to decide whether to take it up. It seems like they are all pitching in to stop these prosecutions.

Of course. I heard Joyce Vance say this will make it impossible for this case to go to trial before the election. The court system is failing us right now. That only leaves his current trial and Jan 6. It seems like the Supreme Court is delaying that one needlessly as well. 😡

You should expect by now that Trump is going to get every benefit of the doubt and every delay that courts can muster up. Even in New York where they're at least able to keep things moving, he's gotten just about every concession possible. The reason we're all so surprised, shocked and satisfied when we see a judge actually holds Trump accountable and treats him like an actual defendant is because it so rarely happens.

It was obvious that a Georgia appeals court would take up this case for Trump, even though it's highly unlikely they would take it up for any other defendant or that this would have even been an option for other defendants (remember McAfee allowed for this to play out this way by allowing the defense to appeal now). The courts (much like the FBI) are scared of Trump. They know that there are plenty of right wing Trump appointed judges in the pipeline (like Cannon) on the appeals circuit, the SC and certainly in Georgia's court system (though not appointed by Trump) just itching to throw out Trump's case on any basis. They feel the need to protect themselves by being as accommodating and attentive to Trump's inane arguments as possible to "show" they are "fair".

Having said all of that, @samiam5211 is right, Fanni put her DA's office in this position.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom