Trump GA Indictment (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, it was extremely stupid. But they may not have even known about it, right? I doubt they have any regular contact with him since he resigned.
    Actually, I don't see why not. The legal community while not necessarily super small, is fairly well-connected. I would think he or his legal team would have given the DA's office a heads up before the interview. I'd be really surprised if there's been zero communication since he was ordered to step aside from the DA's case.

But that's just me speculating. I'm just saying these guys talk and sometimes mingle and lunch together.

It's also possible that the DA's team isn't happy with the guy and had no clue he was gonna do that, but that just seems unlikely to me.

Actually, I don't see why not. The legal community while not necessarily super small, is fairly well-connected. I would think he or his legal team would have given the DA's office a heads up before the interview. I'd be really surprised if there's been zero communication since he was ordered to step aside from the DA's case.

But that's just me speculating. I'm just saying these guys talk and sometimes mingle and lunch together.

It's also possible that the DA's team isn't happy with the guy and had no clue he was gonna do that, but that just seems unlikely to me.
    Getting mad at him for doing the interview is all the First Amendment allows the DA's office to do. They could not and can not stop him from doing interviews.

Getting mad at him for doing the interview is all the First Amendment allows the DA's office to do. They could not and can not stop him from doing interviews.
    I didn't say that. What I am saying is 2 things. 1, if the attorneys for West were or are still in touch with the DA's office, I would think they'd at minimum let the DA's office know that West was planning this interview because presumably the interview would, and did cover the subject of the case they're still in the middle of currently. Obviously, if they're not in touch, that's all moot anyway.

And two, if they're not in touch, that's pretty telling in terms of West not seeming to give a sheet about what happens to the case.

I never said the DA's office can tell him what to do, but they certainly can tell his legal team they aren't happy with his decision.

The interview itself was terrible. He walked and talked himself into a corner with his comments about the relationship, then tried to give this lame, "this is a distraction" response. A no comment on that point would have been a much better response. And what shocks me is this guy is an attorney. You'd think he would know better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom