Trump GA Indictment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

An appeals court in Georgia has scheduled a hearing on Donald Trump’s renewed push to disqualify Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis from trying the former president and his allies in a wide-ranging election interference case.

A panel of appellate court judges will hear their appeal on October 4 – one month and one day before the presidential election………..

An appeals court in Georgia has scheduled a hearing on Donald Trump’s renewed push to disqualify Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis from trying the former president and his allies in a wide-ranging election interference case.

A panel of appellate court judges will hear their appeal on October 4 – one month and one day before the presidential election………..

Thereby guaranteeing it won’t take place until after the election. bastages.

ATLANTA (AP) — An appeals court has halted the Georgia election interference case against former President Donald Trump and others while it reviews the lower court judge’s ruling allowing Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to remain on the case.

The Georgia Court of Appeals’ order on Wednesday prevents Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee from moving forward with pretrial motions as he had planned while the appeal is pending.

While it was already unlikely that the case would go to trial before the November general election, when Trump is expected to be the Republican nominee for president, this makes that even more certain.

The appeals court on Monday docketed the appeals filed by Trump and eight others and said that “if oral argument is requested and granted” it is tentatively scheduled for Oct. 4.

The court will then have until mid-March to rule, and the losing side will be able to appeal to the Georgia Supreme Court.…..

ATLANTA (AP) — An appeals court has halted the Georgia election interference case against former President Donald Trump and others while it reviews the lower court judge’s ruling allowing Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis to remain on the case.

The Georgia Court of Appeals’ order on Wednesday prevents Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee from moving forward with pretrial motions as he had planned while the appeal is pending.

While it was already unlikely that the case would go to trial before the November general election, when Trump is expected to be the Republican nominee for president, this makes that even more certain.

The appeals court on Monday docketed the appeals filed by Trump and eight others and said that “if oral argument is requested and granted” it is tentatively scheduled for Oct. 4.

The court will then have until mid-March to rule, and the losing side will be able to appeal to the Georgia Supreme Court.…..

I half expect Trump is going to watch the election results on his jet circling over international waters, so that if he loses he can fly to whatever country he thinks is going to give him safe harbor from extradition to the US to stand trial.

I'm convinced that Trump's primary goal in running for President is to avoid being convicted, or convicted again as things currently stand. He ain't staying in the US if there is any chance he loses the election. He'll immediately flee to another country. I doubt it's Russia, because even Trump ain't far gone enough to trust Putin with control over his life.

Last edited:
    Nathan Wade did an interview with Kaitlyn Collins on CNN

Apparently it didn’t go great

Didn’t see it but there’s zero upside to giving an interview and sounds like there is zero regret on his part about the relationship with Fani Willis

Even if it was just the timing. “Neither one of us should have allowed this to happen. We should have just focused on the case and waited until afterwards to begin a personal relationship”

Didn’t see it but there’s zero upside to giving an interview and sounds like there is zero regret on his part about the relationship with Fani Willis

Even if it was just the timing. “Neither one of us should have allowed this to happen. We should have just focused on the case and waited until afterwards to begin a personal relationship”
    Yea, an "I screwed up." Is about all I want to hear from him tbh.

So I've seen some of the interview. Good lord, why? Who was the idiot that agreed to this interview? He basically said he only regretted the timing of the relationship, but then when asked about the timeline he contradicted himself and said it was irrelevant and a distraction from the case. What a moronic response. It's like they had no idea she would ask such an obvious question.

What the hell is the prosecution team thinking allowing this to happen? The incompetence is pretty stunning. Not that the case is completely shot or anything, but this mess will probably lead to the case not being completed before the election.

There's simply no excuse for this.

So I've seen some of the interview. Good lord, why? Who was the idiot that agreed to this interview? He basically said he only regretted the timing of the relationship, but then when asked about the timeline he contradicted himself and said it was irrelevant and a distraction from the case. What a moronic response. It's like they had no idea she would ask such an obvious question.

What the hell is the prosecution team thinking allowing this to happen? The incompetence is pretty stunning. Not that the case is completely shot or anything, but this mess will probably lead to the case not being completed before the election.

There's simply no excuse for this.
    it will be a miracle if this case starts before the election

it will be a miracle if this case starts before the election
    No doubt. I've basically given up on this case.

That said, if Trump loses the election, than all of the remaining cases would still be in play at that point. Him losing isn't exactly a foregone conclusion though, which is just hard for me to believe. The complete lack of spine of the GOP to actually stand up to Trump and give him the boot is disturbing on so many levels.

What the hell is the prosecution team thinking allowing this to happen?
    Since he is no longer part of the prosecution, they couldn’t stop him. This is on him only.

Since he is no longer part of the prosecution, they couldn’t stop him. This is on him only.
    It may be, but his legal team was with him for the interview and from what I understand they basically pulled the plug on the meeting at one point. But I guess they're separate from the prosecution.

When it was reported on the news, I thought they meant his legal team meant the DA's office. So I don't know.

Regardless, the prosecution should have nipped this thing in the bud before that romance was or became a thing. What's clear is he didn't want to answer the timeline question because there's no good answer. I mean, if it was before the team was put together, the prosecution team should have told him to get lost, and if it was after, then both Fanni and West should have put a lid on it and waited til the case was over.

I mean, I've worked for an attorney before, and he was part of a law firm in Lafayette, and at work, it's all business and they didn't put up with nonsense like this.

For a guy saying the only thing he regretted was the timing of it, then refusing to say why... :shrug:.

And just to add, at the very least, the prosecution attorneys should have (maybe they did?) Strongly discouraged him from participating in that interview.
    Yeah, it was extremely stupid. But they may not have even known about it, right? I doubt they have any regular contact with him since he resigned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom