Trump GA Indictment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh I see no way she removes herself so Wade can stay. She doesn't seem to be very fond of him anymore. If seems like a bad break up.
    Unless Im misremembering what I read, that’s not an option. The two options are:

—Wade leaves the case.
    —Willis’ office gives the case back to the state agency to reassign it to a different DA office.

I think that this is a “split the baby ruling”. The judge probably figured that throwing Fani off was completely unwarranted but would be possible grounds, however slight, for appeal.

I think the ruling said something to the extent of “even if there was an apparent conflict, completely removing the DA office would be an extreme remedy when a simpler remedy (removing the conflict) was available.”

That's certainly your opinion on the matter. As I've already said many times, I do not see it that way at all.

But I think your, the judges and others strident opinions and beliefs on this side show spectacle exemplify the reason we as a country are so easily distracted and unable to focus on what really matters. And why Trump continues to have so much life long after he should have been dead. The largely media driven focus on the importance of the distractions he creates are like the blood that feed his vampire existence.

If you think this is all simply a distraction, then we'll never agree. I can't get on board with calling a very clearly poor decision to do what she did, provide unbelievable justifications for those actions and making several public comments about this whole thing a "distraction". You and I have very different ideas of what a DA's responsibilities are. There's no excuse for what she did.

If you think this is all simply a distraction, then we'll never agree. I can't get on board with calling a very clearly poor decision to do what she did, provide unbelievable justifications for those actions and making several public comments about this whole thing a "distraction". You and I have very different ideas of what a DA's responsibilities are. There's no excuse for what she did.

I do think it was simply a distraction for this case, so we will never agree.

It's a complaint that should have referred as valid ethics inquiry, that's it. But not one that should have had this spectacle and distraction that it became for this case. I think the judge handled it very poorly.

I'm in the questionable ethics camp regarding all this. I also haven't been following this very close b/c I figured no matter the outcome, republicans/trump will label her as a crooked/tainted or whatever.

Unless Im misremembering what I read, that’s not an option. The two options are:

—Wade leaves the case.
    —Willis’ office gives the case back to the state agency to reassign it to a different DA office.

My understanding is if Willis and her office are removed Wade could stay because he is a special prosecutor and not part of her office. So it's more accurately Fanni and her office or Wade.

Some coverage I'm seeing is that Fanni could remove herself and not her entire office, but I only saw one person covering it say that.

My understanding is if Willis and her office are removed Wade could stay because he is a special prosecutor and not part of her office. So it's more accurately Fanni and her office or Wade.

Some coverage I'm seeing is that Fanni could remove herself and not her entire office, but I only saw one person covering it say that.
    That would make sense

Only if someone else will pick it up and fully prosecute this case. Which, it being Georgia, I'm not confident of.

Yea, I am not sure that her stepping down would really help get Trump convicted.

I do worry that this isn't over. If she is going through other investigations over this by either the bar or someone else, it is bound to be a distraction for her individually and the case overall.

People can get mad at Trump and his attorney's about this, but Fanni's choices, which were sloppy at best, corrupt at worst, led to this.

Yea, I am not sure that her stepping down would really help get Trump convicted.

I do worry that this isn't over. If she is going through other investigations over this by either the bar or someone else, it is bound to be a distraction for her individually and the case overall.

People can get mad at Trump and his attorney's about this, but Fanni's choices, which were sloppy at best, corrupt at worst, led to this.
    In this case though, I don't care.

I do think it's a distraction because none of what I've seen has any bearing on the Trump case. It's all ethics/personal garbage. Dumb to do, but not something like withholding evidence or beating a suspect until they confess.

I do think it's a distraction because none of what I've seen has any bearing on the Trump case. It's all ethics/personal garbage. Dumb to do, but not something like withholding evidence or beating a suspect until they confess.
    Yeah, except TFG will claim anything and everything.

Until he is tried, found guilty and goes to jail I will not believe that he will go to jail.

THIS is the two tier justice system. White, wealthy males skate.

While I do agree the ethics violations aren't germane to the case, they aren't just a distraction. Certainly isn't garbage. There are reasons those rules are in place, and it was dumb af to think this wouldn't come up during the biggest case of your career. What it tells me is she's careless on this, and if that's the case, what else is she careless about?

I stand by my position that she could have avoided all of this by not bringing Wade into the case. When she started the relationship, while it matters regarding the rules, it's immaterial to me. She never should have started it to begin with. People can get mad at the defense or the judge, but she opened that door. Had she not done that, they certainly would have tried something else, but the judge likely would just dismiss that out of hand. The judge couldn't just dismiss this though because it was legitimately an issue.

Also, because Fanni made several public comments about what was going in that the judge deemed inappropriate, that was just more egg on her face. She should have just let it play out rather than staying stuff that got the attention of the judge. She should know better.

Hewitt not doing a scintilla of reading before going on air and being ignorant.

This is what the judgement said:

“The District Attorney may choose to step aside, along with the whole of her office, and refer the prosecution to the Prosecuting Attorneys' Council for reassignment. See O.C.G.A. § 15-18-5. Alternatively, SADA Wade can withdraw, allowing the District Attorney, the Defendants,
    and the public to move forward without his presence or remuneration distracting from and
    potentially compromising the merits of this case.”

Wade has resigned, which was the only reasonable choice. Her whole office resigning would’ve caused big delays, however Willis will have a hard time prosecuting the case before this judge given his opinion of her behavior, so she should assign someone from her office to lead the prosecution.

Fani Willis may have survived a high-stakes effort to disqualify her from prosecuting the high-stakes election interference case in Georgia. But the biggest winner from the episode is likely Donald Trump.

The Fulton county district attorney can now continue prosecuting her case against Trump and 14 co-defendants as long as Nathan Wade, a top deputy with whom she had a romantic relationship with, resigns, Fulton county superior court judge Scott McAfee ruled on Friday. Wade did just that a few hours later.

But both the opinion and the extraordinary hearing that preceded it lends a hugely significant judicial imprimatur to Trump’s successful effort to diminish Willis’ credibility in the public eye.

Trump and his co-defendants have waged a successful campaign to diminish the perception of her – puncturing her reputation as an impartial prosecutor seeking justice and instead offering up the image of a flawed public official whose romantic feelings led to a lapse in judgment.

Friday’s developments are extremely significant. The Georgia case has long been considered one of the strongest against Trump. Unlike the two criminal cases being pursued by the justice department, it is also insulated from any direct interference by Trump should he win the 2024 election since he cannot dismiss the prosecutor or pardon himself in Georgia, even if he occupies the White House.…..

Legally, the appearance of a conflict can be cured by Wade stepping aside, McAfee ruled. But politically, Trump is already working to make sure that’s not the case and the damage lingers.

Trump has suggested that Wade and Willis cooked up the scheme to indict him from the start. Even though this is patently false – the case was indicted by a regular grand jury of Fulton county citizens after an investigation by a special purpose grand jury – it is a clear attempt to permanently link Wade to whatever happens in the case.

Even while Willis is set to continue on the case, more trouble lies ahead. The state legislature is already taking steps to investigate her. A new state panel empowered to remove district attorneys can also take action. The state bar and the state ethics commission could also take action against her.……

Fani Willis may have survived a high-stakes effort to disqualify her from prosecuting the high-stakes election interference case in Georgia. But the biggest winner from the episode is likely Donald Trump.

The Fulton county district attorney can now continue prosecuting her case against Trump and 14 co-defendants as long as Nathan Wade, a top deputy with whom she had a romantic relationship with, resigns, Fulton county superior court judge Scott McAfee ruled on Friday. Wade did just that a few hours later.

But both the opinion and the extraordinary hearing that preceded it lends a hugely significant judicial imprimatur to Trump’s successful effort to diminish Willis’ credibility in the public eye.

Trump and his co-defendants have waged a successful campaign to diminish the perception of her – puncturing her reputation as an impartial prosecutor seeking justice and instead offering up the image of a flawed public official whose romantic feelings led to a lapse in judgment.

Friday’s developments are extremely significant. The Georgia case has long been considered one of the strongest against Trump. Unlike the two criminal cases being pursued by the justice department, it is also insulated from any direct interference by Trump should he win the 2024 election since he cannot dismiss the prosecutor or pardon himself in Georgia, even if he occupies the White House.…..

Legally, the appearance of a conflict can be cured by Wade stepping aside, McAfee ruled. But politically, Trump is already working to make sure that’s not the case and the damage lingers.

Trump has suggested that Wade and Willis cooked up the scheme to indict him from the start. Even though this is patently false – the case was indicted by a regular grand jury of Fulton county citizens after an investigation by a special purpose grand jury – it is a clear attempt to permanently link Wade to whatever happens in the case.

Even while Willis is set to continue on the case, more trouble lies ahead. The state legislature is already taking steps to investigate her. A new state panel empowered to remove district attorneys can also take action. The state bar and the state ethics commission could also take action against her.……

I will always wonder what in the hell Willis and Wade were thinking getting romantically involved during this case, probably the most importantof their respective careers. Go have your fun before or after case. Don't sheet where you eat and don't screw where you work. Something like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom