Trump GA Indictment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

IDK. I see your point, but I have a hard time getting morally outraged or just outraged at co-workers dating or forming relationships. If there isn't any evidence of financial or prosecutorial misconduct, I don't have a hard time dismissing bad faith arguments. And just as a general rule due to countless experiences now, I dismiss all accusations from Trump/MAGA as bad faith arguments unless there's legitimate independent evidence saying otherwise.

yea, but this isn't a manager at McDonalds banging the fry cook.

This is a prosecutor who did it during the most important case she will ever deal with.

No they did not - They only started dating after he was hired
    That's actually even more dumb. Have the sense enough to wait until after the biggest case of your life is done before starting any new relationships. It has nothing to do with the case, yes, but then, it's being talked about, yes. So...yeah.

It just feels like a lack of understanding the moment and circumstances. It's a poor decision that has created unnecessary headaches for her.

From what I am reading, the “star” witness turned out to have been terminated for cause, holds a grudge, and basically cannot back up any of her claims, and was reduced to saying “I don’t know” a lot when asked for specifics.

Also, the lawyer for the plaintiff is conducting herself like this:

They don't deny they started a relationship, they just say it was after the indictments and he was working under her.

That's just dumb, especially in the context of such a public case under so much scrutiny. I wouldn't date a contractor I'd hired and I'm under zero scrutiny. There may be absolute zero wrongdoing, but it is still very poor judgment and presents the appearance of impropriety.

And the idea she keeps 6 months living expenses in cash at her house and that is what she paid him for trips with so that is why there's no paper trail just sounds ludicrous. I've had the testimony on all day and I don't find that credible at all. Her entire testimony about it was not credible.

yea, but this isn't a manager at McDonalds banging the fry cook.

This is a prosecutor who did it during the most important case she will ever deal with.

Yes, that's true. She should have been savvy enough to know that if/when their relationship became public it would invite scrutiny and that Trump and company would use it any way they could.

When people get the feels for somebody else and start relationships, work responsibility and rationalization isn't always the first thoughts that comes to mind.

They don't deny they started a relationship, they just say it was after the indictments and he was working under her.

That's just dumb, especially in the context of such a public case under so much scrutiny. I wouldn't date a contractor I'd hired and I'm under zero scrutiny. There may be absolute zero wrongdoing, but it is still very poor judgment and presents the appearance of impropriety.

And the idea she keeps 6 months living expenses in cash at her house and that is what she paid him for trips with so that is why there's no paper trail just sounds ludicrous. I've had the testimony on all day and I don't find that credible at all. Her entire testimony about it was not credible.

yea, i'm worried that she has told quite a few lies today.

There is probably evidence out there that will prove she's lying too, even though Trump's team wouldn't be able to get access to that evidence for this hearing, the press will go find it.

I really hate being critical of a black woman. It is the wokeness in me, but Wilis has not seemed very credible to me.

Yes, that's true. She should have been savvy enough to know that if/when their relationship became public it would invite scrutiny and that Trump and company would use it any way they could.

When people get the feels for somebody else and start relationships, work responsibility and rationalization isn't always the first thoughts that comes to mind.
    Or, at least have sense enough to date someone who isn't a lawyer and has nothing to do with the business. If you can't do that, then wait til the case is over. Waiting 6 months ain't ever hurt anyone.

I think it's bigger than that though.

She hired him and they pay him over 300K in taxpayer dollars. Meanwhile, he has taken her on cruises, to Aruba, and Belize. She claims she paid him back in cash from her Smog like horde of cash she keeps in her home, but it doesn't matter. You don't write checks that big on the public or company dime then date that person and have them spend thousands of those dollars on you. That's ethics 101 right there.

She hired him and they pay him over 300K in taxpayer dollars. Meanwhile, he has taken her on cruises, to Aruba, and Belize. She claims she paid him back in cash from her Smog like horde of cash she keeps in her home, but it doesn't matter. You don't write checks that big on the public or company dime then date that person and have them spend thousands of those dollars on you. That's ethics 101 right there.

A horde of cash, mind you, that she claims she took out 50 bucks at a time from cash back at Publix, so there won't be any bank records to prove she withdrew the cash.

What drives me nuts is the answer was so simple. He has two partners at his firm who also work for the county. The moment they started dating he should have resigned and those partners picked up his workload.

It was just that simple.

Not sure I agree. If the work was legitimate and legitimately charged and they started a relationship after he was hired (i.e. that wasn't the reason he was hired), I don't see why it even matters if she paid him back. It would be no different than a husband and wife that worked together. If he was taking her on those trips to secure more work or contracts, then that's a violation of ethics. Both would likely invite scrutiny, but only one is an ethics violation.

What drives me nuts is the answer was so simple. He has two partners at his firm who also work for the county. The moment they started dating he should have resigned and those partners picked up his workload.

It was just that simple.

I don't really have any reason to believe that they didn't have a relationship before she hired him.

I certainly won't take her word for it, since after watching her today, i don't find her credible.

None of this has anything to do with whether or not Trump is guilty. I was a big Fani Willis fan, but not anymore.

Not sure I agree. If the work was legitimate and legitimately charged and they started a relationship after he was hired (i.e. that wasn't the reason he was hired), I don't see why it even matters if she paid him back. It would be no different than a husband and wife that worked together. If he was taking her on those trips to secure more work or contracts, then that's a violation of ethics. Both would likely invite scrutiny, but only one is an ethics violation.

If I hire my wife as a contractor and I'm responsible for evaluating her performance and determining her pay my company would consider it a conflict of interest and separate us in the workplace. I have seen so many screwed-up situations like this in my career and every time the employer took some form of action to separate them in the workplace.

You just can't be in a position to determine your partner's pay and performance. There is no way to remove bias or ensure you aren't benefitting from it. In this case, unless you believe the line of bull she was rolling out about her Daddy making her keep stacks of cash in her house, she was absolutely benefitting because he was taking her on lavish vacations.

So i am going back to watch Wade's testimony again.

He is also claiming that he didn't deposit the thousands of dollars Willis was handing him into his bank account.

So neither one of them would have any bank records to support their claim that she paid him back.

None of this has anything to do with Trump, but Willis committed crimes on the stand today. There is no way that they are telling the truth.

So i am going back to watch Wade's testimony again.

He is also claiming that he didn't deposit the thousands of dollars Willis was handing him into his bank account.

So neither one of them would have any bank records to support their claim that she paid him back.

None of this has anything to do with Trump, but Willis committed crimes on the stand today. There is no way that they are telling the truth.

I don't see how anyone could have listened to their testimony and believe either of them has a shred of credibility. At least he kept his cool, she went full Trump and got pissed when she was called out on her lies.

She was responsible for arguably the single most important case about the 2020 election and completely nuked her credibility. I'm beside myself with anger because they have an open and shut case that is now tainted by their poor judgment. The case is consequential and all that will be focused on is this Jerry Springer side show and their obvious lies about it. :facepalm:

I don't see how anyone could have listened to their testimony and believe either of them has a shred of credibility. At least he kept his cool, she went full Trump and got pissed when she was called out on her lies.

She was responsible for arguably the single most important case about the 2020 election and completely nuked her credibility. I'm beside myself with anger because they have an open and shut case that is now tainted by their poor judgment. The case is consequential and all that will be focused on is this Jerry Springer side show and their obvious lies about it. :facepalm:

Yea i'm furious.

She really need to hand this case over to someone else immediately.

Yea i'm furious.

She really need to hand this case over to someone else immediately.
    I'm stumped as to why it hasn't already. It just feels like something you wouldn't see a competent DA do. I'm just irritated that this has distracted from what should be a pretty ironclad case against Trump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom