Trump GA Indictment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

More info - Hall’s plea deal reduces his charges to all misdemeanors, which will allow him to keep his bail bond business. Felony convictions would bar him from operating.

It also appears that he had a long phone conversation with Clark before the Coffey County breach. So he may be able to impact both Powell and Clark.

ATLANTA (AP) — Lawyer Sidney Powell pleaded guilty to reduced charges Thursday over efforts to overturn Donald Trump’s loss in the 2020 election in Georgia, becoming the second defendant in the sprawling case to reach a deal with prosecutors.

Powell, who was charged alongside Trump and 17 others with violating the state’s anti-racketeering law,entered the plea just a day before jury selection was set to start in her trial.

She was initially charged with racketeering and six other counts as part of a wide-ranging scheme to keep the Republican president in power after he lost the 2020 election to Democrat Joe Biden. Prosecutors say she also participated in an unauthorized breach of elections equipment in a rural Georgia county elections office.

The acceptance of a plea deal is a remarkable about-face for a lawyer who, perhaps more than anyone else, strenuously pushed baseless conspiracy theories about a stolen election in the face of extensive evidence to the contrary. If prosecutors compel her to testify, she could provide insight on a news conference she participated in on behalf of Trump and his campaign shortly after the election and on a White House meeting she attended in mid-December of that year during which strategies and theories to influence the outcome of the election were discussed……,

ATLANTA (AP) — Lawyer Sidney Powell pleaded guilty to reduced charges Thursday over efforts to overturn Donald Trump’s loss in the 2020 election in Georgia, becoming the second defendant in the sprawling case to reach a deal with prosecutors.

Powell, who was charged alongside Trump and 17 others with violating the state’s anti-racketeering law,entered the plea just a day before jury selection was set to start in her trial.

She was initially charged with racketeering and six other counts as part of a wide-ranging scheme to keep the Republican president in power after he lost the 2020 election to Democrat Joe Biden. Prosecutors say she also participated in an unauthorized breach of elections equipment in a rural Georgia county elections office.

The acceptance of a plea deal is a remarkable about-face for a lawyer who, perhaps more than anyone else, strenuously pushed baseless conspiracy theories about a stolen election in the face of extensive evidence to the contrary. If prosecutors compel her to testify, she could provide insight on a news conference she participated in on behalf of Trump and his campaign shortly after the election and on a White House meeting she attended in mid-December of that year during which strategies and theories to influence the outcome of the election were discussed……,

I’m beginning to believe all the praise fani received the past year may be justified…

Hoo boy! Sidney Powell just pled guilty in the GA election case and looks possible that she struck a deal and will testify against the others involved in the RICO case. Wild.

Based on Cheseboro's comment yesterday that he would not take a deal and testify against the others, I think it's a very logical assumption that Powell is going to.

So in a wild turn of events, the prosecution is going to release the Kraken. lol

1697726358907.png

Prisoner’s dilemma. She gets the cheese for stepping up first.

And I really don’t think she had much of a choice considering that supposedly email or whatever hard link to the conspirators Willis uncover from the voting machine breach.

This is the smart move, as Michael corleone would say…but really surprising as I had thought she was the irrational one.

Prisoner’s dilemma. She gets the cheese for stepping up first.

And I really don’t think she had much of a choice considering that supposedly email or whatever hard link to the conspirators Willis uncover from the voting machine breach.

This is the smart move, as Michael corleone would say…but really surprising as I had thought she was the irrational one.
    Self preservation is a hell of a thing.

I’m beginning to believe all the praise fani received the past year may be justified…

Folks wonder why investigations like these take what seem to be forever. They take so long so they can produce situations like this. She was presented options, probably given access to some of what they had on her, and quickly realized that it was pointless to go to trial.

They confine you to a box and give you one option.

Meanwhile Mike Lindell is on the verge of personal bankruptcy, begging for donations to hire new lawyers ( last ones are after him for millions he doesnt have ) and Trump et al have forsaken him to the barren land of obscurity. LOL

She had little choice. Perfect.

Folks wonder why investigations like these take what seem to be forever. They take so long so they can produce situations like this. She was presented options, probably given access to some of what they had on her, and quickly realized that it was pointless to go to trial.

They confine you to a box and give you one option.

Meanwhile Mike Lindell is on the verge of personal bankruptcy, begging for donations to hire new lawyers ( last ones are after him for millions he doesnt have ) and Trump et al have forsaken him to the barren land of obscurity. LOL

She had little choice. Perfect.

I think you're right that on the eve of trial, she's looking at the fact that one of the other defendants alleged to have been involved with the machine tampering (which is the primary episode she is charged with in GA) has taken a plea and will testify . . . and she knows what that person will say and that it's bad for her. The trial is expected to last quite some time - and her criminal lawyer charges by the hour. She recently had a sanctions award of about $50K against her upheld. And the plea deal was for misdemeanors - which I think is big for her because so far she hasn't lost her law license, and six misdemeanors might allow her to keep it. So risk, plus cost (likely a significant factor), and the benefit of having only misdemeanors probably made it pretty easy for her at this point.

But what isn't clear is what the scope of her testimony will be - and I don't think anyone should jump to presume that this means she will be cooperating with the federal prosecution team in the Trump case in DC. Certainly any testimony or evidence she provides in the GA case can become part of the record in the DC case - but we don't know if the GA plea deal requires her cooperation with any other prosecution and given that one is at the county level and one is federal - entirely different levels of unrelated jurisdiction - it would be unusual (perhaps even unlikely) that there would be such a term to the deal, but I don't know.

As to her testimony, first, Powell can only testify about first-hand knowledge. Saying she had an understanding that Trump supported X or said Y is inadmissible hearsay unless she was there in the room. Based on the recitation of "overt acts" supporting the GA conspiracy charges against Trump and the others, there is one meeting that appears to loom large: on December 18, Powell attended a "heated" meeting at the Oval Office with Trump, Giuliani, and others about next steps . . . as this was after all 50 states had certified their results (Trump lost) and the court cases were being dismissed. Because the GA case includes that meeting, I think we can expect that the plea deal will include her testimony about what happened in that meeting, what plans were agreed to, and who agreed to them.

And that testimony would seem to be directly relevant to the federal case in DC.

I think you're right that on the eve of trial, she's looking at the fact that one of the other defendants alleged to have been involved with the machine tampering (which is the primary episode she is charged with in GA) has taken a plea and will testify . . . and she knows what that person will say and that it's bad for her. The trial is expected to last quite some time - and her criminal lawyer charges by the hour. She recently had a sanctions award of about $50K against her upheld. And the plea deal was for misdemeanors - which I think is big for her because so far she hasn't lost her law license, and six misdemeanors might allow her to keep it. So risk, plus cost (likely a significant factor), and the benefit of having only misdemeanors probably made it pretty easy for her at this point.

Risk Management 101 ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom