Trump GA Indictment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Surprised no comments about the hearing today. Pundits talking about the judge denying severability for Cheseboro and Powell and will start October 23. But they're apparently severed fron the other 17 defendants, or am I missing something?

Trial expected to last 4 months and possibly twice that.

Letter Fani Willis sent to Jim Jordan. A long read but very impressive. She really takes him to school.

I really like this part of it but all of it is certainly worth to read

Face this reality, Chairman Jordan: the select group of defendants who you fret over in my jurisdiction are like every other defendant, entitled 10 no worse or better treatment than any other American citizen. a. Your notion that different standards of justice should apply to a select group of people is offensive. Here is another reality you must ‘face: Those who wish to avoid (felony charges in Fulton County, Georgia — including violations of Georgia RICO law — should not commit ‘felonies in Fulton County, Georgia. In this jurisdiction, every person is subject to the same laws and the same process, because every person is entitled to the same dignity and is held to the same standard of responsibility. Persons’ socioeconomic status, race, gender, sexual orientation, or political prominence does not entitle them to an exemption from that basic standard.
    b. Defendant Trump’s status as a political candidate cannot make him legally immune from criminal prosecution. The basic premise of your letter is wrong. The criminal defendant about which you express concern was fully aware of the existence of the criminal investigation being conducted by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office at the time he announced his candidacy for President. I have no doubt that many Americans are the subject of criminal investigations and prosecutions at any given moment. An announcement of a candidacy for elected office, whether President of the United States, Congress, or state or local office, is not and cannot be a bar to criminal investigation or prosecution. Any notion to the contrary is offensive to our democracy and to the fundamental principle that all people are equal before the law.

Letter Fani Willis sent to Jim Jordan. A long read but very impressive. She really takes him to school.

Just started reading it myself. If Gym Jordan had an ounce of shame, he would be embarrassed to the point of never appearing in public again.

I seriously doubt Jordan is even gonna read it. Would be par for the course for him.

Just started reading it myself. If Gym Jordan had an ounce of shame, he would be embarrassed to the point of never appearing in public again.
    If ever there was a person with less shame than Trump, Jordan would be it. Gym would seriously give Trump a run for his money in the selfish department.

Fani brought her folding chair to Gym Jordan's head. She didn't even feign being cordial in that response, straight hay makers left and right.

Fani brought her folding chair to Gym Jordan's head. She didn't even feign being cordial in that response, straight hay makers left and right.

Gotta love an opening paragraph of:

"Dear Moron,

Even after you repeated the facts we laid out for you so succinctly that even a world-class dumbass like you can follow, you insisted on muddying it up with your own asinine, baseless opinions. Here's nine pages of exactly how gosh darned stupid you are."

Gotta love an opening paragraph of:

"Dear Moron,

Even after you repeated the facts we laid out for you so succinctly that even a world-class dumbass like you can follow, you insisted on muddying it up with your own asinine, baseless opinions. Here's nine pages of exactly how gosh darned stupid you are."

I'm especially partial to this part.

1694125423498.png

1694125548138.png

ATLANTA (AP) — A judge on Friday is expected to release the full report compiled by a special grand jury that helped an investigation by the Georgia prosecutor who ultimately indicted former President Donald Trump and 18 others.

The special grand jury spent seven months hearing from some 75 witnesses before completing a report in December with recommendations for Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis on charges related to attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election. Willis had said she needed the panel’s subpoena power to compel the testimony of witnesses who might otherwise not have been willing to appear.

While most of the intrigue in the inner workings of the case has diminished with the filing of charges, the special grand jury report will still provide the public with insight into how closely the indictment tracks with the panel’s recommendations on who should be indicted. It should reveal whether the panel envisioned the wide-ranging conspiracy that prosecutors ultimately alleged.……

I will see your "let me explain your job to you since you clearly don't know it" and raise you this:

Screenshot 2023-09-07 5.36.15 PM.png
    I read it over at Democratic Underground. I love that in the part you highlighted she wrote the dollar amount in words and then in numbers for Gym. Hysterical.

Also where she quoted Gym’s own words regarding legitimate legislative purpose was excellent.

Dang, special grand jury recommended charges for 2 former GA senators and Graham. I was hoping they'd tag ole Lindsey but Fanni probably didn't think including them in the list of who is being charged was a good idea.
    While I'm personally disappointed that she didn't charge them, I can guess that her reasoning was that she didn't want to weaken her case against the others. Charging sitting US Senators would have easily kick the whole case straight to the Feds and those further down the totem pole would likely escape Federal charges.

Oh look, more republicans

The special grand jury recommended charging Georgia's two senators at the time, Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue, as well as Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, the report showed.

The panel also recommended charges against Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn, adviser and attorney Boris Epshteyn and lawyers Lin Wood and Cleta Mitchell, the report showed.

Oh look, more republicans

The special grand jury recommended charging Georgia's two senators at the time, Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue, as well as Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, the report showed.

The panel also recommended charges against Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn, adviser and attorney Boris Epshteyn and lawyers Lin Wood and Cleta Mitchell, the report showed.
    I have no doubt that the evidence gathered by GA has been turned over to the DoJ, Graham needs to watch what he says regarding his non-indictment in Georgia.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom