Trump GA Indictment (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

370517884_281294801309063_4499596880305838491_n.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

370592627_10163024388973242_8305776410180749499_n.jpg

The one with the devil next to Trump looking just like him is the one that should go on T-shirts or at least posters at Democratic events.

IMG_6500.jpg

Joy Reid had a really good observation last night during their panel discussion. She says Trump has always, always wanted to be a big deal to the very people his followers hate. That he has been motivated by trying to hang with the “elite” - celebrities and Manhattan society his whole life - but has never been really accepted by them. It absolutely enraged him to see Obama come along and receive the acceptance he could never get. He is a bitter old man and he has to know he will never get the acceptance he craved at this point. All he has is the adulation of people he doesn’t care about, people he would never associate with willingly. People he would kick out of his resorts…
    I love the last part about Trump kicking people like his supporters out his resorts. I'll have to remember that for the next time someone tells me they love Trump.

Evidently Donald ceded ownership of MAL to Don, Jr. on Aug 4. The stated value was 440-some Million dollars - which seems inflated, in keeping with family tradition. I read that if convicted under RICO his assets could be seized, so this may be in anticipation of that. 🤷‍♀️
    So if he cedes ownership of his properties, then Trump won't be rich anymore! That will really get under his skin! It would be hilarious if his kids never give the property back to him.

This is an excellent presentation on the federal removal and supremacy clause immunity issues.

INTERESTING! - so even if successful, it doesnt CHANGE the "law" for which the original charge was brought- its still going to decide based on Georgia law ( which, for RICO, is broader than Federal law ) AND if guilty and somehow wins the Presidency, still cannot pardon himself

So the real play here is delay, appeal appeal appeal ( to US Supreme Court )

bold strategy Cotton...

Jordan Klepper was arrested in Fulton Co, so he shared his mug shot:

It does make Trump’s look like it was not shot there, like the others.

That people anywhere believe the casual lies he constantly spews just amazes me….

Trump is incapable of telling the truth. Wikepedia says "pathological lying, also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica, is a chronic behavior characterized by the habitual or compulsive tendency to lie."

Trump has Mythomania!

INTERESTING! - so even if successful, it doesnt CHANGE the "law" for which the original charge was brought- its still going to decide based on Georgia law ( which, for RICO, is broader than Federal law ) AND if guilty and somehow wins the Presidency, still cannot pardon himself

bold strategy Cotton...
    Part of the strategy is also to pull from a more pro-Trump population for the jury, and I also think Trump does not want it being televised, since it allows him to spin lies more readily if there isn't video of the trial to disprove his lies.

Part of the strategy is also to pull from a more pro-Trump population for the jury, and I also think Trump does not want it being televised, since it allows him to spin lies more readily if there isn't video of the trial to disprove his lies.

Article talks about that- however its not as "drastic a difference" as some make it out to be.

bold strategy Cotton...

I think the top tier result for them is federal immunity - and that issue will likely go to the Supreme Court. Below that, there is the appeal path of federal court for all of it and the wider jury pool.

But if they win on immunity, the whole case is out. Odds are against it but you have to think that they’ve already got two votes at SCOTUS. The key will be how Roberts, Gorsuch, and Kavanugh see it. It’s a shirtty argument IMO.

Trump is incapable of telling the truth. Wikepedia says "pathological lying, also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica, is a chronic behavior characterized by the habitual or compulsive tendency to lie."

Trump has Mythomania!
    so from a certain point of view he is a mythic figure?

The one with the devil next to Trump looking just like him is the one that should go on T-shirts or at least posters at Democratic events.

IMG_6500.jpg
    That's not the devil.

It's Vigo, the Terrible. The evil ghost in Ghostbusters 2.

Which was an absolute embarrassment of a dumpster fire movie. So, fitting metaphorically as well.

Evidently Donald ceded ownership of MAL to Don, Jr. on Aug 4. The stated value was 440-some Million dollars - which seems inflated, in keeping with family tradition. I read that if convicted under RICO his assets could be seized, so this may be in anticipation of that. 🤷‍♀️

You can’t just cede ownership without it being a purchase or gift - or some sort of taxable account re-allocation (eg an LLC).

If true, that’s a significant taxable event. Of course trump will figure out a way to make it nothing.

That's not the devil.

Which was an absolute embarrassment of a dumpster fire movie. So, fitting metaphorically as well.

Article talks about that- however its not as "drastic a difference" as some make it out to be.
    You're right that the difference is not drastic, but as the article also notes, it only takes 1 juror to nullify a jury. The article also makes some good points about the negatives associated with the Federal vs the State appeals process. I think Trump might get more favorable treatment from the State appeals process. That leaves the main value in moving to Federal courts is to keep it off of TV, since he can't control what will be presented in court, and his lawyers will have to stick to the truth. His base will want to watch the proceedings, so if they then lie in public, it will be much more likely that his base will see through the lie. Trump does not want transparency.

You can’t just cede ownership without it being a purchase or gift - or some sort of taxable account re-allocation (eg an LLC).

If true, that’s a significant taxable event. Of course trump will figure out a way to make it nothing.
    Yeah, I'm not seeing why they would inflate the value because that would increase the tax liability for the transaction. I don't see how he gets around that. He's got tax attorneys tho, so who knows.

The second one was simply terrible. Awful. The walking SoL and NY just dancing along to Higher Love like nothing was going on was jumping the shark for me.

Not quite Major League 2 or Caddy Shack 2 bad but nothing on earth is as bad as those two movies. I'd rather have Florida leperacy than watch those two shirt fests.

That's not the devil.

Okay so lets go with Trump the Mythomaniac and his running mate, Vigo the Terrible. Who will be Vigo the Terrible? Will it be Swarmy?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom