Trump continues to claim that the only way he will lose is if Democrats "rig" the election (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I don't think I have ever heard a presidential candidate make such a claim. Trump has now been making a version of this claim for several weeks. This kind of rhetoric has no genuine political value - it isn't based on policy or appeal. It serves only to predispose a segment of the electorate (his supporters) to reject any result of the election in which Trump does not win.

Certainly the claim isn't based on anything scientific and polling shows the president lagging behind Biden both nationally and in swing states. So is this rhetoric dangerous? Should Republicans urge the president to stop making such claims? Or is this all just politics and we should have faith that the institutions will prevail?

Well, if someone has to explain the joke, it loses it comedic appeal.
    I mean, sure, but that's only really a concern when the joke has comedic appeal in the first place. Still, better to move on quickly from a joke that absolutely bombs than to keep trying to make it work. ;)

Well, if someone has to explain the joke, it loses it comedic appeal.
    However, after the explanation and these responses, I feel my joke is even funnier now and clearly above some heads, so thank you.

Please tip your waitresses (or person who servers you drinks if that is your preference), I will be here all week...maybe.

The problem isn't that nobody got it. The problem is that you think this is a joke in the first place.

no way... if I did that, I'd have to change my instructional style completely

cringe is the best thing I have going for me
    You and me both.
    Got to work with what the good Lord gave you and unfortunately for you guys on here, he mainly gave me a sense of humor that most people dislike, lack of self awareness and a big heaping of stubborn.

Said it again today at RNC.

Stealing Biden's lines, I see.

Meanwhile Trump's doing everything in his power to rig the election in his favor. I'll be interesting to see what Putin gets up to knowing there'll be absolutely no resistance nor consequences.
    I'm thinking straight-up vote machine hacking combined with everyone's home page suddenly becoming a Trump ad.

I'm thinking straight-up vote machine hacking combined with everyone's home page suddenly becoming a Trump ad.
    I honestly don't trust mail or voting in person. We were made aware in 2016 that Russians had successfully hacked state rolls and some machines and not a damn thing has been done since to stop them so I can only assume they've gotten even better at it since.

The post office is obvious. Watching this hearing shows how much of a punk this guy is and has no business in government at all.

I honestly don't trust mail or voting in person. We were made aware in 2016 that Russians had successfully hacked state rolls and some machines and not a damn thing has been done since to stop them so I can only assume they've gotten even better at it since.

The post office is obvious. Watching this hearing shows how much of a punk this guy is and has no business in government at all.

In terms of fraud, I totally trust mail-in voting. It's extremely hard to cheat and there's a paper trail to follow.
    In terms of actually delivering my ballot accurately and on time? No, I don't trust it. I don't trust it because the President is doing his level best to break it.

Said it again today at RNC.

I don't care whom else is doing it, its just not cool for the POTUS to be engaging in that kind of rhetoric. It just isn't. There have been 44 Presidents prior to him and, God willing, there will be 44 after him. "The office" has to be better than this. It severely damages our credibility around the world. Why should other countries agree or allow us intervening in or aiding situations elsewhere for "democracy's sake" if our own President questions the legitimacy of our elections at home?

Now Trump falsely declaring that Nevada’s governor “controls” the votes and can rig the election.

Now Trump falsely declaring that Nevada’s governor “controls” the votes and can rig the election.

I find it amazing that Trump's supporters eat it up like it came down with the Ten Commandments, yet it is all so easily disputed. The Nevada governor doesn't control "millions of votes" when Nevada only has 1.7 million registered voters and just over one million voted in 2016. Even if you suggest that by control he meant that the governor oversees that many votes, the assertion is wrong on several levels. The only reason for believing anything coming out of Trump's mouth is that you want to believe it.

Given Trump's false claims about mail-in ballots and Democrats distrust of this administration and Republicans state government dirty tricks in restricting voting rights, half of this country will not accept the election results. Unless the SC is ready to step up and protect democracy, there will be chaos. But given what happened in 2000, they may only add fuel to the fire if they give the election to Trump on a faulty premise.

It's going to get ugly. I think the days of a peaceful transition of power are over.

Given Trump's false claims about mail-in ballots and Democrats distrust of this administration and Republicans state government dirty tricks in restricting voting rights, half of this country will not accept the election results. Unless the SC is ready to step up and protect democracy, there will be chaos. But given what happened in 2000, they may only add fuel to the fire if they give the election to Trump on a faulty premise.

It's going to get ugly. I think the days of a peaceful transition of power are over.
    If he loses, what are the odds he even goes to the inauguration. I bet he refuses like a whiny baby.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom