Trump continues to claim that the only way he will lose is if Democrats "rig" the election (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I don't think I have ever heard a presidential candidate make such a claim. Trump has now been making a version of this claim for several weeks. This kind of rhetoric has no genuine political value - it isn't based on policy or appeal. It serves only to predispose a segment of the electorate (his supporters) to reject any result of the election in which Trump does not win.

Certainly the claim isn't based on anything scientific and polling shows the president lagging behind Biden both nationally and in swing states. So is this rhetoric dangerous? Should Republicans urge the president to stop making such claims? Or is this all just politics and we should have faith that the institutions will prevail?

I have not heard a lot republicans use the deaths from the china virus as political ammunition. You might want to have a talk with your team. That seems to be their political message.
    Good grief, Farb. They're responding to you saying, "I have not doubt that all 170,000 dead will be voting Democrat in November". That's a cheap, crass, joke and it's no wonder someone who's lost someone would take offense at it.

That's not even remotely in the same ballpark as a party treating the negligent and willfully ignorant actions of a leader and his administration leading to the deaths of tens of thousands of people as a serious issue.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know... maybe you need to take a break? And yes, that is honest advice.

I have not heard a lot republicans use the deaths from the china virus as political ammunition. You might want to have a talk with your team. That seems to be their political message.

I heard a lot of republican Trump supporters (because not all Repubs buy into his garbage) are getting quite desperate because they know what is coming soon in the next election, so they are saying stupider more classless, instigating garbage...which is consistent with their political message and their [Mode edit - Partisan Trigger] Leader's....

Last edited by a moderator:
    Good grief, Farb. They're responding to you saying, "I have not doubt that all 170,000 dead will be voting Democrat in November". That's a cheap, crass, joke and it's no wonder someone who's lost someone would take offense at it.

That's not even remotely in the same ballpark as a party treating the negligent and willfully ignorant actions of a leader and his administration leading to the deaths of tens of thousands of people as a serious issue.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know... maybe you need to take a break? And yes, that is honest advice.
    Take a deep breath and re-read the title and then who brought up the dead that we have lost to the china virus.
    But again, thanks for your deep concern for my mental state. It is much appreciated and I can tell comes from a place of love.
    It means a lot coming from someone who likes to argue to about politics of a country that he/she doesn't even have a right a vote. That to me is a bit odd but I am a crazy person so my opinion has no merit.

I heard a lot of republican Trump supporters (because not all Repubs buy into his garbage) are getting quite desperate because they know what is coming soon in the next election, so they are saying stupider more classless, instigating garbage...which is consistent with their political message and their [Mode edit - Partisan Trigger] Leader's.......
    It worked for one party since 2016 so, I don't know, it might work?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Take a deep breath and re-read the title and then who brought up the dead that we have lost to the china virus.
    But again, thanks for your deep concern for my mental state. It is much appreciated and I can tell comes from a place of love.
    It means a lot coming from someone who likes to argue to about politics of a country that he/she doesn't even have a right a vote. That to me is a bit odd but I am a crazy person so my opinion has no merit.
    Take a deep breath and re-read the post you just replied to. Coldseat brought it up in the context of the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of people being a highly relevant, and unavoidable, issue in an election, which it is.

You used it as the basis for a cheap, crass, joke.

Those are not the same thing. It being fine to bring something up in an appropriate context does not mean it's fine to use it in an inappropriate context, and vice versa. Context matters. Everyone knows this. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

And my right to vote in the US has, obviously, zero bearing on the content of both this and the previous post. What happened to reminding everyone to focus on the post, not the poster?

I take it from this thread the that ratings for the DNC were about right. No one, not even here watched it. It was 3 nights of veiled threats of a rigged election. The Dems can't stop talking about the Post Office, why? Voter suppression. The Dems are doing the exact same thing.

Your team brought out Hillary again to talk about how how her election was 'stolen, sneaked' ect by Trump. It is right there in front you.
    It's so ironic that they are concerned about Trump not accepting the results of the election when the Democrats still haven't accepted the results of the election.

It's also ironic that they complain about the Russian election interference when the DNC conspired with Ukrainian officials to get them to say they were investigating Manafort. As soon as Trump was elected Ukraine said they weren't investigating Manafort.

You obviously aren't watching what's going on with the postal service if you're not concerned about the steps this administration and Louis DeJoy have taken in the run up to this election. I mean, I'll you have to do is listen to what they're saying. Trump is telling you exactly what he is thinking and doing and why he's doing it. And it's getting carried out. But I guess all that is just rhetorical, :rolleyes:.

Acting like a tidal wave isn't coming at you when you can see the 20ft. wall of water off in the distance isn't very conducive living. In this case a living democracy. So yeah, you might want to sound that siren and warn others to give them the chance to do something about it by getting out of harms way.
    Trump's comments about the Post Office and voting by mail were bad, but otherwise the Democrat's latest panic attack was nothing more than political theater.

What happened to reminding everyone to focus on the post, not the poster?
    Well the entire premise that Trump killed that many Americans due to a global pandemic is, on it's face false and screams of an despicable but effective, given their base, political tactic so if I turned that into a joke....ok.
    You are lucky though. Trump isn't over there so you guys are 100% safe from the virus. I still can't figure out how Trump was able to kill all of those Spanish and Italians though or our most vulnerable in the Nursing homes in NYC and Michigan?

Last edited:
    Trump killed 170,000+ Americans?

He is POTUS.

His watch.

His responsibility ( yes, i know you dont like that word ) is to protect US citizens.

I know you guys want to play semantics, but you also understand that his total lack of leadership LED to where we are.

"15 ...then 7 ...then zero". ( February 2020 )

He is POTUS.

His watch.

His responsibility ( yes, i know you dont like that word ) is to protect US citizens.

I know you guys want to play semantics, but you also understand that his total lack of leadership LED to where we are.

"15 ...then 7 ...then zero". ( February 2020 )
    Is that a yes or no answer?

Well the entire premise that Trump killed that many Americans due to a global pandemic is, on it's face false and screams of an despicable but effective, given their base, political tactic so if I turned that into a joke....ok.
    You are lucky though. Trump isn't over there so you guys are 100% safe from the virus. I still can't figure out how Trump was able to kill all of those Spanish and Italians though or the most vulnerable in the Nursing homes in NYC and Michigan?
    Accusing one politician of killing or being responsible for 170,000 due to a worldwide pandemic that is extremely contagious is absolutely disgusting.

You are lucky though. Trump isn't over there so you guys are 100% safe from the virus. I still can't figure out how Trump was able to kill all of those Spanish and Italians though or the most vulnerable in the Nursing homes in NYC and Michigan?

Again with being disingenuous. It's like the only play on the right these days.

You know the implication there isn't that he is personally responsible for each in every death. But he is responsible for the scope and depth of the problem here in the United States because of the failed federal response which he is absolutely in charge off. More so, he's made the problem magnitudes worse because of ignorance, avoidance of science, and choosing to start a culture war over common sense measures. Thing that we on the left have been warning about and criticizing since before his election.

And while all this is happening in front of our very eyes, many of you on the right can't even bother to put aside your derision of the left in this country to join together in abaject horror at what's taking place and say "this isn't who we are, this isn't what we want." So excuse my disgust at these stupid games and for continuing to bring up the 170,000 death.

The Itlians and Cuomo in NYC, where hit hard at the very beginning of this pandemic when things were still very uncertain and there were more unknowns than now. Yet, they both course corrected, learned from mistakes and listened to professionals. They're not exempt from criticism for those early decisions, but I we would be much better off as a nation as a whole we had followed in those footsteps.

You've deliberately restated the reasonable, and true, premise that Trump is responsible and culpable for the excess deaths that occurred under his negligent and willfully ignorant leadership during a pandemic as "Trump killed that many Americans" in order to claim it doesn't sound true. That fails. The premise is that he's culpable and responsible. This is, both on it's face and underneath, true. His leadership was negligent, he has put out willfully ignorant information that undermined both national and state public health initiatives. Countries that took the pandemic seriously and acted responsibly have had significantly fewer cases and deaths, up to orders of magnitude fewer. I've already posted about this in the coronavirus thread today, here.

You then deliberately distort the notion that Trump is responsible for deaths as being equivalent to arguing that without Trump there would be no deaths, which is weak to the point of being nonsensical. If someone says a negligent response to a pandemic resulted in excess casualties and suffering, that doesn't mean that pandemics don't kill people under any other circumstances. It means pandemics kill fewer people if those responsible don't act with negligence and willful ignorance.

And that is the premise that you thought appropriate to turn into a joke; that an administration that took a negligent and willfully ignorant response to a pandemic - and that continues to act with negligence and willful ignorance - has caused the excess deaths of tens of thousands of people through said negligence. Ha bloody ha.

So again, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. As shown, these are not reasonable arguments or viewpoints you're putting forward here.

Well, if someone has to explain the joke, it loses it comedic appeal.
    However, after the explanation and these responses, I feel my joke is even funnier now and clearly above some heads, so thank you.

Please tip your waitresses (or person who servers you drinks if that is your preference), I will be here all week...maybe.

Well, if someone has to explain the joke, it loses it comedic appeal.
    However, after the explanation and these responses, I feel my joke is even funnier now and clearly above some heads, so thank you.

Please tip your waitresses (or person who servers you drinks if that is your preference), I will be here all week...maybe.

Yeah, your jokes are landing like Julia Louis-Dreyfus hosting the DNC. :perfect:

You've deliberately restated the reasonable, and true, premise that Trump is responsible and culpable for the excess deaths that occurred under his negligent and willfully ignorant leadership during a pandemic as "Trump killed that many Americans" in order to claim it doesn't sound true. That fails. The premise is that he's culpable and responsible. This is, both on it's face and underneath, true. His leadership was negligent, he has put out willfully ignorant information that undermined both national and state public health initiatives. Countries that took the pandemic seriously and acted responsibly have had significantly fewer cases and deaths, up to orders of magnitude fewer. I've already posted about this in the coronavirus thread today, here.

You then deliberately distort the notion that Trump is responsible for deaths as being equivalent to arguing that without Trump there would be no deaths, which is weak to the point of being nonsensical. If someone says a negligent response to a pandemic resulted in excess casualties and suffering, that doesn't mean that pandemics don't kill people under any other circumstances. It means pandemics kill fewer people if those responsible don't act with negligence and willful ignorance.

And that is the premise that you thought appropriate to turn into a joke; that an administration that took a negligent and willfully ignorant response to a pandemic - and that continues to act with negligence and willful ignorance - has caused the excess deaths of tens of thousands of people through said negligence. Ha bloody ha.

So again, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. As shown, these are not reasonable arguments or viewpoints you're putting forward here.
    How culpable is Cuomo for all of the nursing home deaths?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom