Trump continues to claim that the only way he will lose is if Democrats "rig" the election (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    I don't think I have ever heard a presidential candidate make such a claim. Trump has now been making a version of this claim for several weeks. This kind of rhetoric has no genuine political value - it isn't based on policy or appeal. It serves only to predispose a segment of the electorate (his supporters) to reject any result of the election in which Trump does not win.

Certainly the claim isn't based on anything scientific and polling shows the president lagging behind Biden both nationally and in swing states. So is this rhetoric dangerous? Should Republicans urge the president to stop making such claims? Or is this all just politics and we should have faith that the institutions will prevail?

It was a political tactic to question the validity of the election, used by many Democrats even before the inauguration.
    I just want to point out the motivational differences between these two situations, and who is the target of each.

The Democrats pointed out, and rightfully so, that Russia interfered with our election. They also pointed out, and rightfully so, that there was some involvement with the Trump Campaign on this. The motivation of the Democrats in pointing this out was to prevent future election interference by outside foreign actors and ensure that our elections were free and fair in the future.

Trump, on the other hand, is directly stating that election interference will come from the American people themselves, specifically Democrats, who will attempt to vote multiple times to get him out of office, and is accusing the Democratic Party of enabling this. But there’s no evidence that this is true. Yet, by literally painting American citizens as criminals for wanting to vote by mail, he then uses that as excuse to prevent those citizens from successfully voting by removing vote-by-mail options.

So again, the election interference is coming from the Trump Campaign. He’s just projecting it onto Democrats, as usual.

I take it from this thread the that ratings for the DNC were about right. No one, not even here watched it. It was 3 nights of veiled threats of a rigged election. The Dems can't stop talking about the Post Office, why? Voter suppression. The Dems are doing the exact same thing.

Your team brought out Hillary again to talk about how how her election was 'stolen, sneaked' ect by Trump. It is right there in front you.

I take it from this thread the that ratings for the DNC were about right. No one, not even here watched it. It was 3 nights of veiled threats of a rigged election.

nobody here watched it, but you can consolidate all three nights into a single quip based on not watching it?

I can also compare apples to apples. I am a pretty smart guy.

I can also compare apples to apples. I am a pretty smart guy.

I’ve specifically said you are a smart guy. Publicly in the boards and more than once via PM

I have no idea why you’d make that last comment as if I haven’t.

and the first part of your comment doesn’t validate the credibility of your comment about three nights of a convention

I didn’t watch all parts of all three nights but I checked into the parts I felt interested me and the topic of a stolen election wasn’t present nor preeminent.

I thought Gabby Giffords was inspiring and powerful. I thought Brayden speaking so publicly despite his stutter was brave.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish with either of the sentences in your response here.

I don’t get the hostility toward someone actually making an effort here.

I take it from this thread the that ratings for the DNC were about right. No one, not even here watched it. It was 3 nights of veiled threats of a rigged election. The Dems can't stop talking about the Post Office, why? Voter suppression. The Dems are doing the exact same thing.

Your team brought out Hillary again to talk about how how her election was 'stolen, sneaked' ect by Trump. It is right there in front you.

You obviously aren't watching what's going on with the postal service if you're not concerned about the steps this administration and Louis DeJoy have taken in the run up to this election. I mean, I'll you have to do is listen to what they're saying. Trump is telling you exactly what he is thinking and doing and why he's doing it. And it's getting carried out. But I guess all that is just rhetorical, :rolleyes:.

Acting like a tidal wave isn't coming at you when you can see the 20ft. wall of water off in the distance isn't very conducive living. In this case a living democracy. So yeah, you might want to sound that siren and warn others to give them the chance to do something about it by getting out of harms way.

It's 2020, man. People aren't watching on TV.

You obviously aren't watching what's going on with the postal service if you're not concerned about the steps this administration and Louis DeJoy have taken in the run up to this election. I mean, I'll you have to do is listen to what they're saying. Trump is telling you exactly what he is thinking and doing and why he's doing it. And it's getting carried out. But I guess all that is just rhetorical, :rolleyes:.

Acting like a tidal wave isn't coming at you when you can see the 20ft. wall of water off in the distance isn't very conducive living. In this case a living democracy. So yeah, you might want to sound that siren and warn others to give them the chance to do something about it by getting out of harms way.
    I am watching and I am not concerned at all. I live is reality.
    But yall continue the ever increasing drum beat of death, despair and the end of the world. It might get your team back in power, but I have my serious doubts.

But yall continue the ever increasing drum beat of death, despair and the end of the world. It might get your team back in power, but I have my serious doubts.

And that's the reason we're at were we're at as a country. Maybe if you guys actually started caring about things that are essential to our democracy, like voting, and the attempts of this president to de-legitimize it, we wouldn't be so screwed.

I have a feeling the 170,000+ dead (likely 200,000+ by election day) are going to speak a lot louder than anything Trump can tweet.

Yes, the reason we have riots in democratic cities, led and encouraged by Democrats is because of republican voters. You have it figured out.

You also forgot about Russia. They are probably the main reason we are in this pickle too. The media has told me that much.

I have a feeling the 170,000+ dead (likely 200,000+ by election day) are going to speak a lot louder than anything Trump can tweet.
    I have a feeling you are absolutely correct. With universal mail out voting, I have not doubt that all 170,000 dead will be voting Democrat in November.

Yes, the reason we have riots in democratic cities, led and encouraged by Democrats is because of republican voters. You have it figured out.

You also forgot about Russia. They are probably the main reason we are in this pickle too. The media has told me that much.

What Russia did and is doing is different than what Trump and DeJoy were attempting to do even if it shared the same purpose. That you aren't able to differentiate the two is quite telling.

Yeah, we hate protest here in the US, sooooo Un-American!:cussing::cussing::cussing:

I have a feeling you are absolutely correct. With universal mail out voting, I have not doubt that all 170,000 dead will be voting Democrat in November.

That a quaint joke. Hahahaha. I know thier families would enjoy that laugh.

this post is a bit alarming. You seem to be in a dark place. This is serious concern, and I’ve had it for a while. Are you okay?

You have it exactly backward, though, about who is talking about destruction. Trump’s latest speech included lots of talk of death and destruction. He’s a fear monger, so he does it all the time. He’s a regular doom and gloom guy, with a side of “only I can fix it”. Which he’s had 3.5 years with not much to show for it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Not much doom and gloom from the democrats, though. Outrage for sure, which is justified IMO. Hope for a change that will get this country out of the grip of a pandemic that they currently aren’t doing much of anything about. Hope that we can take our country back from the con man who currently sits in the WH. A return to decency, where political opponents aren’t demonized along with the press. Where the prevailing mood of the administration isn’t aggrieved victimhood, and fear and loathing

if you wondered who watched the DNC, there is a thread. I would say quite a few of us watched parts of it.

I truly hope you come back to being the way you used to be, Farb.

Knowing 3 in that number with one being a family member, I can say to you ....F the F off.....

Knowing 3 in that number with one being a family member, I can say to you ....F the F off.....
    I have not heard a lot republicans use the deaths from the china virus as political ammunition. You might want to have a talk with your team. That seems to be their political message.

this post is a bit alarming. You seem to be in a dark place. This is serious concern, and I’ve had it for a while. Are you okay?

You have it exactly backward, though, about who is talking about destruction. Trump’s latest speech included lots of talk of death and destruction. He’s a fear monger, so he does it all the time. He’s a regular doom and gloom guy, with a side of “only I can fix it”. Which he’s had 3.5 years with not much to show for it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Not much doom and gloom from the democrats, though. Outrage for sure, which is justified IMO. Hope for a change that will get this country out of the grip of a pandemic that they currently aren’t doing much of anything about. Hope that we can take our country back from the con man who currently sits in the WH. A return to decency, where political opponents aren’t demonized along with the press. Where the prevailing mood of the administration isn’t aggrieved victimhood, and fear and loathing

if you wondered who watched the DNC, there is a thread. I would say quite a few of us watched parts of it.

I truly hope you come back to being the way you used to be, Farb.
    Thanks for you for your fake and veiled attack on my mental state. I was under the impression we are not to attack a poster's mental issues/state. Or is that only applied to the whole Trump derangement syndrome (TDS)thing but everything else is fair game? Very mature of you to stay away from personal attacks or was that honest posting advise. So hard to tell these days.

I have not heard a lot republicans use the deaths from the china virus as political ammunition. You might want to have a talk with your team. That seems to be their political message.

I believe it's TRUMP/GOP incompetence in a time of crisis that the DEMS are using as political ammunition which they gosh darned well should be. The message is putting stupid people who literally deny SCIENCE into power has great consequences.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom