The Voting Thread (Procedures, Turnout, Legal Challenges)(Update: Trump to file suit in PA, MI, WI, AZ, NV, GA) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lapaz

Reaction score
    There is a lot of push-back from Trump on voting by mail, but most states allow it, and 1/3 allow it without any excuse. His rationale is that it will lead to vast fraud, but of course that isn't his real reason. His real reason is that he thinks it will be worse for conservatives, but studies have shown that states that have instituted much broader voting by mail haven't had any statistical changes in party voting.

Although, normally voting by mail doesn't affect party votes, I bet it might this year if we have another resurgence of Covid, because I think the right is much more apt to discount the virus than the left. I know that is why Trump is against it.

Whether you're left or right wing, expanding mail in votes is the right thing to do to reduce the likelihood of spreading the virus, to expand voter participation, and to make it easier for those that do show up to stay distant. It will also allow any people with susceptibilities to remain safer. I think voting by mail could be made extremely secure by having people vote using traditional postal mail, coupled with requiring a confirmation either by phone, email or text. If done by phone, then voters can provide confirmation that can include confirming their form number. If done by email or text, it can include a picture of their form, and then confirmation that that was their form. Rather than staffers individually calling people, this can be automated by having voters call the number, text the number, or email the address provided to them on their form. A website can even be created with a database of those that have voted, and perhaps a link to allow people to confirm their vote was correctly registered. For people without computers, a site can include a means to access the database over the phone with some confirmation information. These types of systems are used extensively by banks and other sites that need security, so I think they are mature enough to use. We could even use such a site for people to confirm their vote on the day of the election.

I have been reading that Sidney Powell releases the “Karen” instead of “Kraken” all this time. Either ways, looks like she wants to speak to the election manager.

If you want to do a deep dive on the Kraken (the Sidney Powell filings), this is quite a thread, below. The account is a lawyer who is apparently very familiar with filings over the years of the fringe conspiracy movement - beginning with the birther cases led by attorney Orly Taitz.

I think that the saddest part is that there are millions of Americans out there that don’t understand that you have to have evidence - you can’t just make a bunch of weakly supported allegations of such magnitude. The judges are going to continue to see what a mess these allegations are and almost certainly dismiss them based on the rules of procedure and evidence that make for orderly and fair litigation. But the cultists are going to think it’s all political - falling further into the cauldron of conspiracy.

If you want to do a deep dive on the Kraken (the Sidney Powell filings), this is quite a thread, below. The account is a lawyer who is apparently very familiar with filings over the years of the fringe conspiracy movement - beginning with the birther cases led by attorney Orly Taitz.

I think that the saddest part is that there are millions of Americans out there that don’t understand that you have to have evidence - you can’t just make a bunch of weakly supported allegations of such magnitude. The judges are going to continue to see what a mess these allegations are and almost certainly dismiss them based on the rules of procedure and evidence that make for orderly and fair litigation. But the cultists are going to think it’s all political - falling further into the cauldron of conspiracy.

Lol, I have a friend who thinks everything spouted by Orly Taitz and folks like her are legitimate. Gateway Pundit is her favorite site and she thinks it's a legitimate "truthful" news site. She still thinks the Obama birth certificate thing was real and believes there was a conspiracy to keep Obama in office for 2 terms. And she firmly believes the election is rigged and and she thinks Trump is the rightful winner and he should find a way to get the election results thrown out. She can't imagine true Americans could vote for Biden and she thinks Democrats are liberal commies. I can't even get a word in that somewhat rebuts a thing she says. It's really weird. She actually is pretty smart. But when it comes to politics, she has no ability to filter. It's baffling sometimes.

I've known this lady for 22 years. She's a neighbor who retired last year after 36+ years working for the Department of Education. She was a financial analyst. Has a college degree, and her number one news source is Gateway Pundit. She's one of those who thinks Fox News is secretly trying to get Trump pushed out. Go figure.

Lol, I have a friend who thinks everything spouted by Orly Taitz and folks like her are legitimate. Gateway Pundit is her favorite site and she thinks it's a legitimate "truthful" news site. She still thinks the Obama birth certificate thing was real and believes there was a conspiracy to keep Obama in office for 2 terms. And she firmly believes the election is rigged and and she thinks Trump is the rightful winner and he should find a way to get the election results thrown out. She can't imagine true Americans could vote for Biden and she thinks Democrats are liberal commies. I can't even get a word in that somewhat rebuts a thing she says. It's really weird. She actually is pretty smart. But when it comes to politics, she has no ability to filter. It's baffling sometimes.

I've known this lady for 22 years. She's a neighbor who retired last year after 36+ years working for the Department of Education. She was a financial analyst. Has a college degree, and her number one news source is Gateway Pundit. She's one of those who thinks Fox News is secretly trying to get Trump pushed out. Go figure.

I guess this is crossing over into the mindset thread but I think for people like her (and there are millions of them) it’s not explained by education or intelligence (if that’s even objectively definable). I think it’s more about psychology or even psychophysiology - something goes on in the brain that is pleasing to them in the brain chemistry when they read these things or watch videos about them. So they go back for more, and it’s a cycle - and it becomes a sort of brain washing.

I felt like I was literally reading an attorney descend into a mental break.

This is cartoonish lunacy.

I guess this is crossing over into the mindset thread but I think for people like her (and there are millions of them) it’s not explained by education or intelligence (if that’s even objectively definable). I think it’s more about psychology or even psychophysiology - something goes on in the brain that is pleasing to them in the brain chemistry when they read these things or watch videos about them. So they go back for more, and it’s a cycle - and it becomes a sort of brain washing.

Yep, and the irony is she thinks everyone else is brainwashed by the Democrats. In any other world, I'd laugh at this, but it's real to her and it's disturbing to me. She's the nicest person you'll ever meet, and she's a generous giver, but only to causes she believes in. She doesn't know any better, or doesn't want to know any better.

If you listen in on a session between a de-programmer and someone who is brainwashed and have no prior knowledge of the issues they are talking about, it can be difficult to figure out which one is which. Both the de-programmer and the brainwashed are convinced their perspective of reality is the correct one.

Last edited:
    The opinion was unanimous and written by a (checks notes) Trump-appointee.

But never mind that.

I guess these words mean nothing to the stupid:

" Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here."

Perhaps the Judge should have just yelled out "FAKE NEWZ!!!" then maybe they would have understood.

The opinion was unanimous and written by a (checks notes) Trump-appointee.

But never mind that.

It took the Third Circuit all of two paragraphs to note that the Trump lawyers didn't even allege fraud in the suit. Jenna might be the dumbest of the MAGA grifters we've seen (and that is really, really, really saying something).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom