The Voting Thread (Procedures, Turnout, Legal Challenges)(Update: Trump to file suit in PA, MI, WI, AZ, NV, GA) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lapaz

Reaction score
    There is a lot of push-back from Trump on voting by mail, but most states allow it, and 1/3 allow it without any excuse. His rationale is that it will lead to vast fraud, but of course that isn't his real reason. His real reason is that he thinks it will be worse for conservatives, but studies have shown that states that have instituted much broader voting by mail haven't had any statistical changes in party voting.

Although, normally voting by mail doesn't affect party votes, I bet it might this year if we have another resurgence of Covid, because I think the right is much more apt to discount the virus than the left. I know that is why Trump is against it.

Whether you're left or right wing, expanding mail in votes is the right thing to do to reduce the likelihood of spreading the virus, to expand voter participation, and to make it easier for those that do show up to stay distant. It will also allow any people with susceptibilities to remain safer. I think voting by mail could be made extremely secure by having people vote using traditional postal mail, coupled with requiring a confirmation either by phone, email or text. If done by phone, then voters can provide confirmation that can include confirming their form number. If done by email or text, it can include a picture of their form, and then confirmation that that was their form. Rather than staffers individually calling people, this can be automated by having voters call the number, text the number, or email the address provided to them on their form. A website can even be created with a database of those that have voted, and perhaps a link to allow people to confirm their vote was correctly registered. For people without computers, a site can include a means to access the database over the phone with some confirmation information. These types of systems are used extensively by banks and other sites that need security, so I think they are mature enough to use. We could even use such a site for people to confirm their vote on the day of the election.

First Tucker, now Limbaugh.
    You have to really suck at your job for this jack wagon to criticize you if you are on his team.

I hope Limbaugh is thrown to the QAnon wolves too.

When they're saying sanity has left the building and you're Trump...all I can do is lmao.

Here’s the letter. She’s an arse.

It appears that someone is lying about todays GSA action.

... Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same.

This might be the closest thing we get to a concession from Trump.
    Yeah, probably.

The thing is, I couldn't care less if he concedes, his lack of a concession changes nothing. He lost the election (at least twice now) and will be removed from the office Jan 20, 2021.

1606175468824.jpeg

I'm surprised that Trump says the GSA should start the transition. I didn't expect that. I still don't trust him. Maybe he wants us to let our guard down.

I'm surprised that Trump says the GSA should start the transition. I didn't expect that. I still don't trust him. Maybe he wants us to let our guard down.

I tend to think that he realized legal team shart the bed and he needs to throw a distraction out there just so that he can keep his charade going.

First Tucker, now Limbaugh.
    You have to really suck at your job for this jack wagon to criticize you if you are on his team.

I hope Limbaugh is thrown to the QAnon wolves too.

The GOP wolves are coming out, since Trump is done. Watch how fast the put the knives in his back.

And many of those knives are deserved. It's been the false championing that's been the ruse.

She likely was going to do it anyway, and he's just trying to take it as a win for him. That's what he does.
    Right. She finally folded, and he rushes in with a tweet to show how sympathetic and magnanimous he is. All while trying to say her decision was on HIS orders....

Or, we can take his tweet as face value that she did what he told her to do, which makes her a big fat liar.

I don't think he needs to worry, they won't make anyone think any less of him than they already did.

Several officials familiar with the president's reactions told NBC that Trump was upset with Guiliani's appearance at chaotic news conference held last week at the Republican National Committee headquarters.

The president took umbrage with Giuliani's hair dye dripping down the sides of his face while he was speaking at the nearly 2-hour-long event, one source told NBC.

Right. She finally folded, and he rushes in with a tweet to show how sympathetic and magnanimous he is. All while trying to say her decision was on HIS orders....

Or, we can take his tweet as face value that she did what he told her to do, which makes her a big fat liar.

Well, since i dont have any familiarity with Emily Murphy’s tendencies or history of lying, yet ive been hearing about Trump and keeping tabs on him for the better part of the last 5 yrs- i’ll put my money on her ’truth’ versus his...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom