The Officially Unofficial 2020 Georgia Senate Runoff Elections Armageddon Thread (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaulGoodmanEsq

Reaction score
    Control of the Senate is on the line. Assuming the current numbers will stand on recount, only 1.9% of the vote (90,295 votes) separated Republican incumbent David Perdue from his Democratic challenger, Jon Ossof. The third place Libertarian candidate received 2.3% of the vote (144,566 votes). In the special election, Raphael Warnock led the pack with 32.9% of the vote trailed by incumbent Kelly Loeffler who received 25.9% of the vote. Doug Collins, the other major GOP candidate, finished with 20% of the vote. Various other Democrat candidates finished with a combined 15.5% of the vote. Various other GOP candidates finished with 3.4% and roughly 2% for independent candidates.

Andrew Yang has posted that he will be moving to Georgia to help campaign for Ossof and Warnock.

Last edited:
    If there’s one thing the Republicans in Congress have learned to do with Trump, it’s swallow.
    Yes, they did and in a historically humiliating way. But most of them did still have their jobs in Congress and Senate, even gained a few seats when the heavily-expected blue wave never materialized, and Trump won't be coming back after January. They want to keep his large core following, his "cult", if you like but its not a completely safe proposition they'll stay on without their leader or if they maintain enough of his supporters but slightly rebranding them and phasing them into their larger GOP voting demographics. Thats why even now, their appearing to give the pretense of not necessarily supporting him wholesale, but carefully watching or minding their remarks in how they criticize him or don't show the unreasonable, unquestioned prerequisite amounts of loyalty he expects from them. They know some of what he's capable of, even if its to sabotage them or take them down a few pegs a little before he leaves office. One, persistent nagging thought that has troubled or bothered Trump, among many others, the past few weeks is that while he lost, many other Republicans won or kept their Senate seats many pollsters or observers thought they'd lose or be blown out of the water. That means, to him, the national RNC strategy and pre-election calculations that whatever Trump did, his inane, stupid actions, reckless, incompetent leadership on handling the Covid-19 pandemic response wouldn't come back to hurt them especially politically in Nov. 2020.

Whether we like it or not, guys, that overall, EXTREMELY risky political assumption came to fruition mostly the way they perceived or projected it would. Or perhaps more accurately described, hoped it would.,

Some people just have such a hard time with the First Amendment.

Could either of these incumbent GOP crooks be any more crooked that we know about publicly and still have more than a good chance at being reelected?

I wonder how they'd like Trickle Up Economics.

Could either of these incumbent GOP crooks be any more crooked that we know about publicly and still have more than a good chance at being reelected?

I wonder how they'd like Trickle Up Economics.

I'm not excusing anything they do, but if I recall correctly, the trades were automatically executed, forget exactly how, but it wasn't necessarily nefarious. There were some that were highly questionable, but I think Perdue's were a previoisly planned sale. I think Loeffler's were the questionable ones, but I haven't looked in a while. I might be getting them mixed up.

I'm not excusing anything they do, but if I recall correctly, the trades were automatically executed, forget exactly how, but it wasn't necessarily nefarious. There were some that were highly questionable, but I think Perdue's were a previoisly planned sale. I think Loeffler's were the questionable ones, but I haven't looked in a while. I might be getting them mixed up.
    If you read the whole thread on Perdue, it shows (I guess alleges would be the correct term) where he bought more than he received from the IPO based on insider information.

Okay, I think this might just be enough circumstantial evidence to stop anyone from giving this piece of excrement the benefit of the doubt regarding his trading practices while being a US Senator. If he gets reelected, I'll be more than disappointed in the people of GA.
    The data also shows the breadth of trades Mr. Perdue made in companies that stood to benefit from policy and spending matters that came not just before the Senate as a whole, but before the committees and subcommittees on which he served. Nearly half of Mr. Perdue’s FireEye trades, for example, occurred while he sat on the cybersecurity panel, a role that potentially could have provided him with nonpublic information about companies like FireEye.

During that period, FireEye landed a subcontract worth more than $30 million with the Army Cyber Command, which had operations at Fort Gordon, in Mr. Perdue’s home state. In 2018, Mr. Perdue reported capital gains of up to $15,000 from FireEye trades.

And as a member of the Senate banking, housing, and urban affairs committee since 2017, Mr. Perdue bought and sold shares of a number of financial companies his panel oversaw, including JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Regions Financial.

Mr. Perdue disputes the notion that his investment activity posed a conflict, saying that his trades were handled by outside advisers without his input, although his instructions to Goldman Sachs to sell Cardlytics suggest that he directed at least some trades.

“Senator Perdue doesn’t handle the day-to-day decisions of his portfolio — all of his holdings are managed by outside financial advisers who make recommendations, set strategy, and manage trades and personal finances,” said John Burke, the communications director for the senator’s re-election campaign. Robert Hutchinson, Mr. Perdue’s wealth manager at Goldman Sachs, declined to comment.

In April, after questions were raised about stock trades that Mr. Perdue and other senators had made around the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, he abruptly sold virtually all of his stock holdings — between $3.2 million and $9.4 million worth. (Members of Congress report their transactions in ranges, so it is impossible to pinpoint the exact dollar values.) In May, he announced that his advisers would no longer trade in individual stocks for his portfolio, with the exception of a few companies on whose boards he had previously served, including Cardlytics; the utility Alliant Energy; and Graphic Packaging, a paper-based packaging provider.

They are having a “rally” in GA featuring Lin Wood, Sidney Powell, GA state rep Vernon Jones, and others. Lin Wood and Sidney Powell both urged those in attendance to boycott voting in GA due to the machines which now seem to now be inexplicably tied to China rather than Venezuela.

Lin Wood also said that nobody should vote for the two Rs unless they demand that Kemp call a special session of the state legislature and overturn the vote in GA. Oh, and they chanted “lock him up” about Brian Kemp (!)

Several are live tweeting it, it is being streamed evidently.

This is a good thread

Last edited:

Why would someone, an attorney no less, go register to vote in a statewide federal election in a state they don't live in? I'm seriously trying to understand this since it's so unlikely that it'd come down to anything other than a vote count that tallies at least in the hundreds but more likely in the thousands. To prove that voter fraud is possible? (Like we don't already know that...) How many people he encouraged could or would actually follow his encouragement?

I hope he faces charges. Isn't there a woman doing 5 years in TX for voting illegally in 2016 even though it seemed like some kind of good faith mistake and not an actual attempt at fraud?

They are having a “rally” in GA featuring Lin Wood, Sidney Powell, GA state rep Vernon Jones, and others. Lin Wood and Sidney Powell both urged those in attendance to boycott voting in GA due to the machines which now seem to now be inexplicably tied to China rather than Venezuela.

Lin Wood also said that nobody should vote for the two Rs unless they demand that Kemp call a special session of the state legislature and overturn the vote in GA. Oh, and they changed “lock him up” about Brian Kemp (!)

Several are live tweeting it, it is being streamed evidently.

This is a good thread

That was one wild event. I highly recommend everyone watch this.

I know none of us trust polls right now, but it's still newsworthy.

By default, I would just give 5% to the Republican candidates. That would mean Perdue has a slim lead while Loeffler trails. I'm thinking Perdue will win his race and Loeffler will lose. I do think if half of the Trumpers stay home, both GOP candidates are RIP. I'm hoping they both lose. Anything that basically repudiates the Trump legacy works for me. We can't have a party embracing the crap Trump was peddling the last 4-5 years.

By default, I would just give 5% to the Republican candidates. That would mean Perdue has a slim lead while Loeffler trails. I'm thinking Perdue will win his race and Loeffler will lose. I do think if half of the Trumpers stay home, both GOP candidates are RIP. I'm hoping they both lose. Anything that basically repudiates the Trump legacy works for me. We can't have a party embracing the crap Trump was peddling the last 4-5 years.

Maybe. The final RCP Avg. had Osoff .0.7, and Perdue won by 1.7

Since there were a lot of people in the other race it's a touch harder to gauge. It had it at Warnock 40.5, Loeffler 24.8, and it ended up 32.9 to 25.9.

So really they weren't that far off on the Osoff race, but they missed Warnock by a country mile.

I'm not making a call right now. I think a lot can change between now and runoff election day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom