The Officially Unofficial 2020 Georgia Senate Runoff Elections Armageddon Thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaulGoodmanEsq

Reaction score
    Control of the Senate is on the line. Assuming the current numbers will stand on recount, only 1.9% of the vote (90,295 votes) separated Republican incumbent David Perdue from his Democratic challenger, Jon Ossof. The third place Libertarian candidate received 2.3% of the vote (144,566 votes). In the special election, Raphael Warnock led the pack with 32.9% of the vote trailed by incumbent Kelly Loeffler who received 25.9% of the vote. Doug Collins, the other major GOP candidate, finished with 20% of the vote. Various other Democrat candidates finished with a combined 15.5% of the vote. Various other GOP candidates finished with 3.4% and roughly 2% for independent candidates.

Andrew Yang has posted that he will be moving to Georgia to help campaign for Ossof and Warnock.

Last edited:
    At this point, what is all the complaining about the media really for?
    These are tweets and statements in the subject's own words.
    "The media" is barely even involved.

I don't know if this is true, but I have seem evidence of similar ideas in Trumpland. It's seriously bizarre - like through the looking glass bizarre.

I don't know if this is true, but I have seem evidence of similar ideas in Trumpland. It's seriously bizarre - like through the looking glass bizarre.

I hope it is true and that Trump supporters start, in effect, start cannibalizing the Republican party and they all go down in flames.

The Republican party needs to pay a serious price for the damage that their appeasement of Trump has cost this country the last 4 years.

Last edited:
    Talk about taking you ball and going home. I truly wish Mr Stone luck in his new enterprise.

Really, even one seat makes a lot of difference.

Having to only sway one vote can be done especially for only two years.

Talk about taking you ball and going home. I truly wish Mr Stone luck in his new enterprise.

Really, even one seat makes a lot of difference.

Having to only sway one vote can be done especially for only two years.

Yeah, but that one vote isn't the problem. It's the fact that McConnell will still control the agenda in the Senate and can still stop bills from coming to the floor. Not to mention all of the committees will be controlled by Republicans.

The Senate will be a huge obstacle to any change unless the Dems can manage to win these to seats.

Yeah, but that one vote isn't the problem. It's the fact that McConnell will still control the agenda in the Senate and can still stop bills from coming to the floor. Not to mention all of the committees will be controlled by Republicans.

The Senate will be a huge obstacle to any change unless the Dems can manage to win these to seats.

Yeah, control of the agenda is probably the biggest thing. That said, there are a very few centrist Senators who will have a lot of sway in how things pan out. Someone like Manchin would be a massive headache. I wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans do some sort of sweetheart deal to pull him to the other side. That would be interesting.

I still think Perdue will be tough to beat. I suspect he'll win in any case unless he does something really stupid. Loeffler can go kick rocks. She's terrible.

I think it's going to be very tough for Democrats to pull off a sweep in the runoff. We'll see I guess.

Does McConnell automatically remain as the President Pro Tempe? Or is there a new election with each new Senate? If the latter, there is no guarantee that he would keep that job, especially if there is only a one seat difference between the two parties.

Does McConnell automatically remain as the President Pro Tempe? Or is there a new election with each new Senate? If the latter, there is no guarantee that he would keep that job, especially if there is only a one seat difference between the two parties.

I'm honestly not sure how that would work. But I can't see a Republican voting for Schumer. So if they have the majority, McConnell will remain in control.

I read somewhere that Trump is balking at going to GA to campaign. It doesn’t benefit him so he doesn’t want to do it. Also, Conway thinks he might actually want the two Rs to lose, to make his loss look better.

I read somewhere that Trump is balking at going to GA to campaign. It doesn’t benefit him so he doesn’t want to do it. Also, Conway thinks he might actually want the two Rs to lose, to make his loss look better.

To be sure, there's only one calculus for Trump, and that's a 2024 run. I don't think he gets that far, but I suspect that's gonna be what drives him in regards to Georgia.

To be sure, there's only one calculus for Trump, and that's a 2024 run. I don't think he gets that far, but I suspect that's gonna be what drives him in regards to Georgia.
    If he burns too many bridges with this rash, impulsive move not to campaign for two Republican Senators facing runoffs and one or both lose and it costs them control of the Senate, his little 3rd Grade temper tantrum power play probably won't be easily swallowed by House or Senate GOP leaders like Graham or McConnell, considering the fact it will have cost McConnell his job as Senate Majority Leader. Even if the Georgia senate runoffs end up with mixed results, that's still two less seats than what RNC had two months ago, Dave and even with a 51-49 narrow GOP Senate advantage, there are ways Democrats and Biden administration can push through some legislation with support from a few key GOP senators like Susan Collins. Even if they keep their Senate majority, I can't imagine too many Republicans forgetting or forgiving his attempt to sabotage them by not actively endorsing or campaigning for them in two crucial Senate runoffs in Ga. when they needed his help and that might sting with them long enough 2-3 years later if Trump isn't a convicted felon by then to announce a possible 2024 presidential run. The GOP leadership would like to keep most of his base but they don't necessarily need him at the head of it if it comes to that if he wishes to fork with them a little bit.

Besides, between friends, honestly there's a decent chance Trump may not even be alive in 2--3 years from now, much less 4, you've seen or heard rumors about him taking methamphetamines, sedatives, wouldn't surprise if he wasn't popping some Oxyconton here and there, or his terrible dietary health habits. He looks fatter, more overweight, his face looks haggard, eyes more swollen, stressed out and his face and complexion looks like a tyrannical Oompha Loompha and orangish then it did 4-5 years ago. In 4 years he'll be close to 80 years old and by then, newer, younger GOP candidates like Tom Cotton, Rand Paul, or Marco Rubio will be the new standard bearers to compete for the GOP primary and their national profiles and reps will still be more contemporary and recent.

If he burns too many bridges with this rash, impulsive move not to campaign for two Republican Senators facing runoffs and one or both lose and it costs them control of the Senate, his little 3rd Grade temper tantrum power play probably won't be easily swallowed by House or Senate GOP leaders like Graham or McConnell, considering the fact it will have cost McConnell his job as Senate Majority Leader. Even if the Georgia senate runoffs end up with mixed results, that's still two less seats than what RNC had two months ago, Dave and even with a 51-49 narrow GOP Senate advantage, there are ways Democrats and Biden administration can push through some legislation with support from a few key GOP senators like Susan Collins. Even if they keep their Senate majority, I can't imagine too many Republicans forgetting or forgiving his attempt to sabotage them by not actively endorsing or campaigning for them in two crucial Senate runoffs in Ga. when they needed his help and that might sting with them long enough 2-3 years later if Trump isn't a convicted felon by then to announce a possible 2024 presidential run. The GOP leadership would like to keep most of his base but they don't necessarily need him at the head of it if it comes to that if he wishes to fork with them a little bit.

Besides, between friends, honestly there's a decent chance Trump may not even be alive in 2--3 years from now, much less 4, you've seen or heard rumors about him taking methamphetamines, sedatives, wouldn't surprise if he wasn't popping some Oxyconton here and there, or his terrible dietary health habits. He looks fatter, more overweight, his face looks haggard, eyes more swollen, stressed out and his face and complexion looks like a tyrannical Oompha Loompha and orangish then it did 4-5 years ago. In 4 years he'll be close to 80 years old and by then, newer, younger GOP candidates like Tom Cotton, Rand Paul, or Marco Rubio will be the new standard bearers to compete for the GOP primary and their national profiles and reps will still be more contemporary and recent.

Tom Cotton...just fork no
    Rand Paul? He can go kick rocks.
    Marco Rubio? Ehhh, nah.

If these are the standard bearers, we're in far worse shape than I thought.

If he burns too many bridges with this rash, impulsive move not to campaign for two Republican Senators facing runoffs and one or both lose and it costs them control of the Senate, his little 3rd Grade temper tantrum power play probably won't be easily swallowed by House or Senate GOP leaders like Graham or McConnell, considering the fact it will have cost McConnell his job as Senate Majority Leader.

If there’s one thing the Republicans in Congress have learned to do with Trump, it’s swallow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom