The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

The conservative news channel prompted more than 600 tweets from Trump this past year, nearly two tweets per day

The article was insinuating that Fox News somehow makes Trump tweet certain things. Whatever ones thinks about the subjects or conspiracy theories that Fox News talks about, when Trump tweets about them is he doing that under his own power or does Fox News have access to his Twitter account? Is Fox News calling Putin who then calls Trump and tells him he must tweet about the particular subject or he will send the Trump pee tape to CNN?

I think its fine to criticize Fox News for their reporting or what they cover, but to blame them for Trump parroting their coverage seems like a stretch.

Speaking of the "fairly good record on factual reporting"(you must have omitted Russia from your study), this video that CNN recently released further confirms they were in on the smear of Bernie by Warren. What a coincidence that Warren confronts Sanders on stage so CNN would have audio and video. Others have said CNN just likes sensationalism which is less believable by the day.

Releasing that audio isn't a smear on Bernie. It's good juicy gossip about both of them fighting. It's just news.

Overall, I think CNN just does bad with these debates. They always keep the time too short and push too many questions too fast. I've liked some of the other debate formats much better.

Trevor's take on the debate. Funny. And the 30 years nitpicky argument was funny and stupid.

I just don’t care about CNN. Don’t watch it, never really have. This whole thing is just trivial, IMO. Either Bernie or Warren would be a much better President than who we have now, so I just cannot work up any outrage over this little dust up.

And I actually think the whole point of the article that you have trouble with from Rolling Stone is that Trump is being manipulated by the stories he sees on Fox. That’s not a desirable state of affairs, it’s pretty wild and it’s going to be talked about. I’m not sure what part of that article you are objecting to, to be honest.

I think you have misunderstood the sentence structure of the article. That particular author, Matt Gertz, has made a little project of timing the stories on Fox with presidential tweets. He will post a clip of a story and the time it aired followed by a Trump tweet and the time it was sent. He isn’t saying anything other than that Trump is spending a good bit of his “executive time“ watching and reacting to Fox News. Prompted doesn’t mean controlled, it means just that - a prompt. Fox News does, however, use the knowledge that Trump is a big fan to speak to him over the airways. They know that he will consume their stories and give them a lot of credence, so various anchors push their pet theories knowing he’s watching. Heck, Bolton used Fox News to get a gig in the Administration. It’s not exactly subtle and he’s not the only one to do that.

And I really don’t give a care about CNN and any manufactured drama about the debate last night. This whole conspiracy stuff is mind numbing and now we get to hear it from the right and the left in the form of Bernie supporters. Geesh.

Perhaps it is warranted? And maybe those who would rather not hear it are the ones who need to hear it the most.

I'm and not a fan of Bernie and Warren but if any one says CNN didn't have it in for Bernie is lying to themselves. It was subtle at first but by the "woman potus" question you knew the fix was in.
    I don't know if I'd call it fixed. They just can't help themselves. They love shiny things. They love drama. They wanted to see these mild mannered nice people fight. It's all about ratings and money.

I don't know if I'd call it fixed. They just can't help themselves. They love shiny things. They love drama. They wanted to see these mild mannered nice people fight. It's all about ratings and money.

I'll say that is partially true but from what I have seen from CNN lately Warren is "Their Candidate"

New documentary, four-part series on Sundance, Hillary Clinton unloads on . . . well, everybody.

Her comments about presidential candidate Bernie Sanders are sure to raise eyebrows.

Reporter: In the doc, you're brutally honest on Sanders: "He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it." That assessment still hold?

Hillary Clinton: Yes, it does.

She's also got a few things about women running for president, particularly Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar.

Hillary Clinton in Full: A Fiery New Documentary, Trump Regrets and Harsh Words for Bernie: "Nobody Likes Him"

Last edited:
    So what is the opinion on Bloomberg? He is still far out in polling but also it is clear he is making a move.

I don't know a whole lot about him, but given that his history has been trying to be seen as a guy with crossover appeal I am guessing his main argument is that he is the best choice for beating Trump.

Bloomberg is buying his way into the stage. Same with Steyer. They are literally the answer from the corporate Dems to the fear of Bernie and/or Elizabeth. I do not support them at all, despite their (public) liberal positions.

I wouldn’t hesistate to vote for either 1 in the general against trump though.

So what is the opinion on Bloomberg? He is still far out in polling but also it is clear he is making a move.

I don't know a whole lot about him, but given that his history has been trying to be seen as a guy with crossover appeal I am guessing his main argument is that he is the best choice for beating Trump.
    I avoid sharing political opinions here, but I think all of the Democrats running are using that line as part of their platform, "I'm the best choice to defeat Donald Trump."

I'm not sure what makes Bloomberg stand out, other than some name recognition vs the other billionaire.

Bloomberg is buying his way into the stage. Same with Steyer. They are literally the answer from the corporate Dems to the fear of Bernie and/or Elizabeth. I do not support them at all, despite their (public) liberal positions.

I wouldn’t hesistate to vote for either 1 in the general against trump though.
    I agree, I think Bloomberg is simply going for the mainstream democrats that feel left behind by the Democratic Party's titanic shift to the left, especially the WalStreet crowd.

Bloomberg has absolutely no shot, but his campaign is blasting the commercials. Saw 2 in one commercial break watching the Jazz game last night

I don't disagree with him getting unfavorable coverage from CNN and being a target. What is he going to do about it? He needs to figure out how to play the game. I get sick of the victimization some of his supporters portray. If Trump figured out a way to get elected without CNN, Bernie can too. Obviously it isn't going to change by whining about it.

I've been screwed over at my job for promotions and opportunities. I can play the victim or find out how to overcome. It happened in 2016, it's happening again. What is he going to do to change it?

He's changing it the same way Trump did. By leaning into it.
    "They don't want me here! They don't want me because I'll work for *you* and not *them*."
    It's how you cast yourself as an outsider in a climate desperate for a competent outsider.
    If the entire DNC fell off a cliff tomorrow, I'd be 90% more certain of a Trump defeat.

Interesting exchange between Warren and a dad who saved his money for his daughters tuition:

You know what never fails to amaze me? Folks who are more worried about what they perceive as others 'getting away with' than for the good of all Americans. The obsessive anger over people who don't 'do everything i did' to get the same thing is childish and says a lot about the character of these people. Why not be happy that they will benefit?? Petulant dad.

I think it boils down to not wanting to award irresponsible behavior.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom