The Joe Biden 2020 tracker thread (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

To me, that is some real dirty tricks. Even if true, I think it is dirty to wait till now - especially after having been so "friendly" with Bernie for so long. But it is really ahrd to believe that Bernie would say that - especially in the context it supposedly happened.

I'll ask the question again to those following the campaign closely - how much damage does this do to both candidates?

It's common knowledge that CNN props up their favorite neolib candidate. They've gone out of their way to bash Sanders when they see him as a threat. This is common knowledge.

Did you watch the debates? 3 questions singling out Sanders to other candidates, 3-4 pressing on a 2018 alleged story which the Warren campaign purposely leaked to CNN.

Tell me you aren't serious
    I don't disagree with him getting unfavorable coverage from CNN and being a target. What is he going to do about it? He needs to figure out how to play the game. I get sick of the victimization some of his supporters portray. If Trump figured out a way to get elected without CNN, Bernie can too. Obviously it isn't going to change by whining about it.

I've been screwed over at my job for promotions and opportunities. I can play the victim or find out how to overcome. It happened in 2016, it's happening again. What is he going to do to change it?

I don't disagree with him getting unfavorable coverage from CNN and being a target. What is he going to do about it? He needs to figure out how to play the game. I get sick of the victimization some of his supporters portray. If Trump figured out a way to get elected without CNN, Bernie can too. Obviously it isn't going to change by whining about it.

I've been screwed over at my job for promotions and opportunities. I can play the victim or find out how to overcome. It happened in 2016, it's happening again. What is he going to do to change it?

So calling a spade a spade is victimization? I can't account with every Sanders supporter. There are rational people and crazies in every group. I get that Sanders supporters get more flak because the majority of them are young.

And how is he not winning the game? The largest number of donations per hour after CNNs incessant probing question. That's winning if I've ever heard of it. Leading in Iowa, California, NH and 2nd in Nevada seems to be winning to me. Do you disagree?

He's already changed the game. More grassroots supporters that are more passionate in every state by far. Im not hoping for this, it's reality. I just happen to agree with a lot of what he stands for.

What transpired last night did more damage to Warren and CNN than it did Sanders. Both were trending this morning on Twitter for bad reasons. Here's the question for you: Is it not deserved?

So calling a spade a spade is victimization? I can't account with every Sanders supporter. There are rational people and crazies in every group. I get that Sanders supporters get more flak because the majority of them are young.

And how is he not winning the game? The largest number of donations per hour after CNNs incessant probing question. That's winning if I've ever heard of it. Leading in Iowa, California, NH and 2nd in Nevada seems to be winning to me. Do you disagree?

He's already changed the game. More grassroots supporters that are more passionate in every state by far. Im not hoping for this, it's reality. I just happen to agree with a lot of what he stands for.

What transpired last night did more damage to Warren and CNN than it did Sanders. Both were trending this morning on Twitter for bad reasons. Here's the question for you: Is it not deserved?
    I'm glad he was able to make this a positive in Fund Raising. I was not aware of that. I did see the hashtag with #neverwarren but not anything about Sanders getting a fundraising bump.

I'm just sick of the people who play the victim. It's the same people on SSF that complain about the refs and not the Saints poor play. I might be tainted by the fact one of my friends posts about every crackpot meme about how Bernie is a victim. So when I see anyone whine, I think of him and get frustrated.

I did vote for Bernie in the 2016 primary and will do it again. I am a little annoyed with the constant texting for more money though. Hoping he comes near Omaha again so I can see him speak. With Iowa being on the border we get a lot of the candidates in or around Omaha.

I'm glad he was able to make this a positive in Fund Raising. I was not aware of that. I did see the hashtag with #neverwarren but not anything about Sanders getting a fundraising bump.

I'm just sick of the people who play the victim. It's the same people on SSF that complain about the refs and not the Saints poor play. I might be tainted by the fact one of my friends posts about every crackpot meme about how Bernie is a victim. So when I see anyone whine, I think of him and get frustrated.

I did vote for Bernie in the 2016 primary and will do it again. I am a little annoyed with the constant texting for more money though. Hoping he comes near Omaha again so I can see him speak. With Iowa being on the border we get a lot of the candidates in or around Omaha.

Yeah, I'm not saying there's some conspiracy afoot, just that media stations do seem to have favorites. It's one thing to realize your candidate is disliked by the establishment, another to have to sift through endless memes about how your candidate is mistreated, which does get very old very fast. I think it's the same in every passionate political circle - - just dont go down the rabbit holes haha.

I've turned off the texts as i am already a monthly donor and donate more when i feel the need. Sanders doesn't need help fundraising in the Democratic field, but might against Trump. I've actually never heard him speak in person so I'm excited for when he comes over to Utah in a few months. Can't imagine what the campaign scene is like over in Iowa over the border from where you are

Laura is doing some freelancing for GQ these days and just put out this timely piece on the rift between Sanders and Warren and the implications of the rift if the two bases alienate one another.

To me, that is some real dirty tricks. Even if true, I think it is dirty to wait till now - especially after having been so "friendly" with Bernie for so long. But it is really ahrd to believe that Bernie would say that - especially in the context it supposedly happened.

I'll ask the question again to those following the campaign closely - how much damage does this do to both candidates?
    CNN is on quite a roll with their 3 year discredited Russian conspiracy theory and now smearing Bernie.

CNN is on quite a roll with their 3 year discredited Russian conspiracy theory and now smearing Bernie.

I think CNN can be too biased to the left at times and it’s good there are publications like the Rolling Stone who call them out now and then. One of the most dangerous things that threaten a free society is suppression or oppression of the media. I think the Rolling Stone works hard to be independent and glad to see you think they do a good job as well and think enough of them to link to their stories.

Here is one they did about Fox News. Comments?

I think CNN can be too biased to the left at times and it’s good there are publications like the Rolling Stone who call them out now and then. One of the most dangerous things that threaten a free society is suppression or oppression of the media. I think the Rolling Stone works hard to be independent and glad to see you think they do a good job as well and think enough of them to link to their stories.

Here is one they did about Fox News. Comments?

Well when I see Media Matters I automatically tune out, but doesn't the blame fall on Trump and not Fox News in this instance?

Ok, wait. You have no problem blaming CNN for their leaning left, while still having a fairly good record on factual reporting, but you give Fox a pass for promoting outright lies and conspiracy theories? 🤪

I think Tom Steyer bumping out Corey Booker is all the proof we need that gentrification is the greatest threat we face.

Media Matters:

Overall, we rate Media Matters Left Biased based on selectively checking right wing sources and High for factual reporting due to properly sourcing information and a clean fact check record.
    Detailed Report
    Factual Reporting: HIGH

What this means is that although Media Matters only monitors and checks right wing sources, they do not lie about what they find. So if you are tuning them out, you are losing a valuable tool that could be used to check the sources that you rely on.

Ok, wait. You have no problem blaming CNN for their leaning left, while still having a fairly good record on factual reporting, but you give Fox a pass for promoting outright lies and conspiracy theories? 🤪
    The conservative news channel prompted more than 600 tweets from Trump this past year, nearly two tweets per day

The article was insinuating that Fox News somehow makes Trump tweet certain things. Whatever ones thinks about the subjects or conspiracy theories that Fox News talks about, when Trump tweets about them is he doing that under his own power or does Fox News have access to his Twitter account? Is Fox News calling Putin who then calls Trump and tells him he must tweet about the particular subject or he will send the Trump pee tape to CNN?

I think its fine to criticize Fox News for their reporting or what they cover, but to blame them for Trump parroting their coverage seems like a stretch.

Speaking of the "fairly good record on factual reporting"(you must have omitted Russia from your study), this video that CNN recently released further confirms they were in on the smear of Bernie by Warren. What a coincidence that Warren confronts Sanders on stage so CNN would have audio and video. Others have said CNN just likes sensationalism which is less believable by the day.

Media Matters:

Overall, we rate Media Matters Left Biased based on selectively checking right wing sources and High for factual reporting due to properly sourcing information and a clean fact check record.
    Detailed Report
    Factual Reporting: HIGH

What this means is that although Media Matters only monitors and checks right wing sources, they do not lie about what they find. So if you are tuning them out, you are losing a valuable tool that could be used to check the sources that you rely on.
    Wow. Media Matters doesn't lie? Are you not familiar with their work? They are the propaganda arm of the Democratic party and they are famous for running a 10 second clip of a 2 minute interview where the other 1:50 of the interview totally contradicts their claim. I don't have time tonight, but I will have to post some examples of their BS. There are so many examples that it could warrant it's own thread.

The conservative news channel prompted more than 600 tweets from Trump this past year, nearly two tweets per day

The article was insinuating that Fox News somehow makes Trump tweet certain things. Whatever ones thinks about the subjects or conspiracy theories that Fox News talks about, when Trump tweets about them is he doing that under his own power or does Fox News have access to his Twitter account? Is Fox News calling Putin who then calls Trump and tells him he must tweet about the particular subject or he will send the Trump pee tape to CNN?

I think its fine to criticize Fox News for their reporting or what they cover, but to blame them for Trump parroting their coverage seems like a stretch.

Speaking of the "fairly good record on factual reporting"(you must have omitted Russia from your study), this video that CNN recently released further confirms they were in on the smear of Bernie by Warren. What a coincidence that Warren confronts Sanders on stage so CNN would have audio and video. Others have said CNN just likes sensationalism which is less believable by the day.

I think you have misunderstood the sentence structure of the article. That particular author, Matt Gertz, has made a little project of timing the stories on Fox with presidential tweets. He will post a clip of a story and the time it aired followed by a Trump tweet and the time it was sent. He isn’t saying anything other than that Trump is spending a good bit of his “executive time“ watching and reacting to Fox News. Prompted doesn’t mean controlled, it means just that - a prompt. Fox News does, however, use the knowledge that Trump is a big fan to speak to him over the airways. They know that he will consume their stories and give them a lot of credence, so various anchors push their pet theories knowing he’s watching. Heck, Bolton used Fox News to get a gig in the Administration. It’s not exactly subtle and he’s not the only one to do that.

And I really don’t give a care about CNN and any manufactured drama about the debate last night. This whole conspiracy stuff is mind numbing and now we get to hear it from the right and the left in the form of Bernie supporters. Geesh.

I think you have misunderstood the sentence structure of the article. That particular author, Matt Gertz, has made a little project of timing the stories on Fox with presidential tweets. He will post a clip of a story and the time it aired followed by a Trump tweet and the time it was sent. He isn’t saying anything other than that Trump is spending a good bit of his “executive time“ watching and reacting to Fox News. Prompted doesn’t mean controlled, it means just that - a prompt. Fox News does, however, use the knowledge that Trump is a big fan to speak to him over the airways. They know that he will consume their stories and give them a lot of credence, so various anchors push their pet theories knowing he’s watching. Heck, Bolton used Fox News to get a gig in the Administration. It’s not exactly subtle and he’s not the only one to do that.

And I really don’t give a care about CNN and any manufactured drama about the debate last night. This whole conspiracy stuff is mind numbing and now we get to hear it from the right and the left in the form of Bernie supporters. Geesh.
    Those same anchors who are now "pushing their pet theories" because they know Trump is listening, but before Trump they kept it to themselves? Hannity has been pushing his shtick long before Trump.

So the Bernie and CNN stuff is all a conspiracy theory? Have you not see the things I've posted in the media thread showing CNN deliberately distorting Sanders polling results compared to the other candidates? It's pretty common knowledge that CNN doesn't want Bernie to get the nomination which isn't surprising knowing the agenda of the corporate media. Did you forget about CNN giving Hillary the questions before the debate?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom