Texans fight with hostess at NYC restaurant over vaccinations (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

tigerfan

Reaction score
    The media seemed to delight in this story about these Texas rednecks. Then it turns out the patrons were Black, making this awkward for the people previously mocking the patrons. And now we have this new angle:

“Restaurants are using vaccine mandates to enforce their racist beliefs and excluding Black patrons,” said Hawk Newsome, the co-founder and chairman of Black Lives Matter Greater New York.

thats-bait-mad-max.gif

The media seemed to delight in this story about these Texas rednecks. Then it turns out the patrons were Black, making this awkward for the people previously mocking the patrons. And now we have this new angle:

“Restaurants are using vaccine mandates to enforce their racist beliefs and excluding Black patrons,” said Hawk Newsome, the co-founder and chairman of Black Lives Matter Greater New York.

The first paragraph, without any examples, can be dismissed.

As for the new angle, the article is behind a pay wall, but still, what do you expect people to say? Condemn Hawk Newsome? Condemn the entirety of BLM and its main message for some dubious blanket statement one person said? Do you think people who are supportive of BLM and its main mission will automatically excuse the behavior of the women because they are black?

What's the point?

Last edited:

Why not still mock them? I mean, can we safely assume they're not rednecks, just because they're Black?

Either way, it's crappy behavior and they deserve to face criminal charges. I don't agree with NYC's restaurant mandate, but if you want to travel there and eat there, you have to follow the rules there. No one has the right to attack a hostess or waiter/waitress for just following their policy. You don't lay hands on other people.

You can't walk out of a bar with your drink either. A concept foreign to most folks living in or around New Orleans. Open container law?

Also, trying to make it about Vaccine mandates vs BLM is a fools choice.

Those people are trash.

Hank Newsome is trying to take advantage of a situation to get publicity.

@tigerfan what is your opinion of the people who attacked the hostess?

meanwhile on the other side

Natalie Wester and her husband brought their four-month-old son to "Hang Time," a restaurant and bar in Rowlett, Texas, just northeast of Dallas. Wester told CBS DFW that her son is immunocompromised, leading the couple to don masks inside of the venue out of precaution.

Hang Time's owner did not approve.

According to Wester, their waitress approached the family at the behest of the restaurant owner, saying "this is political and I need you to take your mask off."

Those people are trash.

Hank Newsome is trying to take advantage of a situation to get publicity.

@tigerfan what is your opinion of the people who attacked the hostess?
    They are definitely trash. They were trash when I thought they were white rednecks and trash still. Anyone who cannot comply with a a store or city requirement AND takes it out on a hostess is despicable.

meanwhile on the other side

Natalie Wester and her husband brought their four-month-old son to "Hang Time," a restaurant and bar in Rowlett, Texas, just northeast of Dallas. Wester told CBS DFW that her son is immunocompromised, leading the couple to don masks inside of the venue out of precaution.

Hang Time's owner did not approve.

According to Wester, their waitress approached the family at the behest of the restaurant owner, saying "this is political and I need you to take your mask off."
    Darwin has lots of heavy lifting left to do.

They are definitely trash. They were trash when I thought they were white rednecks and trash still. Anyone who cannot comply with a a store or city requirement AND takes it out on a hostess is despicable.
    Totally reasonable take. I wonder why you seemed to think that would be a controversial opinion here?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom