Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

Either you are piss poor at correct sentence structure or you are stating here that it's your belief that protected classes create a revenge situation. That kind of brings to mind that quote that says "when you are used to privilege, equality feels like oppression". Go with being piss poor with your sentence structure because the alternative screams stupidity.

Absolutely false.

The "left" doesn't agree with the left on all things. Normal people see people who commit terroristic acts like attempting to destroy the capital as terrorists. They see people who do and say racist things as racists and bigots. They see people who espouse white supremacy ideology as white supremacists. All of those people are very bad people. It is only Republicans who cuddle up to and share beliefs with domestic terrorist, racists, bigots and white supremacists. You need look no further than your orange criminal hero and traitor.

That moral code you speak of is completely lost on Republicans. They are the ones lying, stealing and cheating. They are the ones you catch in bathrooms offering blowjobs to strangers. They are the ones actually trying to steal elections.

Yes, we know. It's been covered over and over again.
    No, you had it right. Protected classes did create a revenge structure. For example, the protected classes were created 50 years ago for a solid reason, although, as per usual, when the gubment tries to correct something, they generally muck it up worse. So now we still have protected classes or rather a specific 'unprotected class' to combat a problem that is not there anymore. I know you can't see it because those that are truly privledge generally don't see their fragility.

I know you think they are bad, racism is the worst thing a person can be according to some on here.

I am a Trump guy? Huh, who knew.

The rest is just your projection. Not sure what it is with you and public bathrooms and oral sex but it is strange, but to each their own, as long as we don't try and normalize that too for the 3rd grade class.

So that cake shop in Colorado went out of business? Lol.
    Not by trying by the state that is for sure. Maybe that should tell you that no one really sees this as oppression except for the couples that went in for the reason of grifting money and to 'do the work'.

But yes, that should be the natural course of these things in a free and open market.

Not by trying by the state that is for sure. Maybe that should tell you that no one really sees this as oppression except for the couples that went in for the reason of grifting money and to 'do the work'.

But yes, that should be the natural course of these things in a free and open market.
    No, you said it would go out of business. You said that would be enough to protect people from discriminatory policies if a business tried them. Yet, it clearly hasn’t. This isn’t the argument in your favor that you think it is.

Back to the topic of this thread. The drugs Rs are so keen on outlawing are used for a bunch of different reasons as part of needed women’s health care.

The horror of the top LEO of the state enforcing the laws established by the people. Crazy times!

Make no mistake, he's an embarrassment for a lot more reasons than threatening to prosecute women for seeking healthcare.

No, you had it right. Protected classes did create a revenge structure. For example, the protected classes were created 50 years ago for a solid reason, although, as per usual, when the gubment tries to correct something, they generally muck it up worse. So now we still have protected classes or rather a specific 'unprotected class' to combat a problem that is not there anymore. I know you can't see it because those that are truly privledge generally don't see their fragility.
    Stupidity it is then.
    The rest is just your projection.
    Nope. It's verifiable facts. Republicans and so-called conservatives no longer live by a moral code.

No, you said it would go out of business. You said that would be enough to protect people from discriminatory policies if a business tried them. Yet, it clearly hasn’t. This isn’t the argument in your favor that you think it is.
    Did I? Do you think I meant that in the current environment or do you think I meant that if the state stopped trying to compel citizens into speech or thought and let the free market decide? LOL. Almost comical.

By your flawed logic, it also shows that no real discrimination took place according the community of the bakery. Otherwise, the left would have driven him out of business, the state sure has tried. All this shows that normal people don't really care when activists cosplaying as regular members of society/'customers get their feelings hurt during normal day to day transactions in a free society.

Did I? Do you think I meant that in the current environment or do you think I meant that if the state stopped trying to compel citizens into speech or thought and let the free market decide? LOL. Almost comical.

By your flawed logic, it also shows that no real discrimination took place according the community of the bakery. Otherwise, the left would have driven him out of business, the state sure has tried. All this shows that normal people don't really care when activists cosplaying as regular members of society/'customers get their feelings hurt during normal day to day transactions in a free society.
    Yes, you said that exactly. What you have put out there is a logical fallacy and then sneered at me for just asking you to show some consistency.

I have a good friend that is a OBGYN and asked what they thought of the opinion:

“Abortion is not healthcare.”

After he stopped laughing he asked who “who js performing them if it isn’t a healthcare provider?” Then he laughed some more.

Anyway, we talked basketball for a minute, I hadn’t spoken to him in years. And who says the far right only divides.

From a few years ago

This should be a bigger issue

In our 2 mega threads on abortion (this one and the Ginsberg thread) and online comments in general there's quite a bit of

She did the crime she needs to do the time

This wouldn't have happened if she wasn't sleeping around

She should have realized that actions have consequences

She made her bed, and spread her legs in them, she’s getting what she deserved

An awful lot of she, she, she and precious little about the guy who laid between her legs

While all these abortion bans are being passed where are all the accompanying laws saying the man is just as responsible as she is?

Yes, there's child support but I read an article saying that a large amount is either underpaid, sporadically paid or not paid at all. I forget the percentage that falls into one of these 3 categories but it was shockingly high

There was this from our own beloved MamaSaint (RIP)

I take great exception to this post. I knew the daddies of all my four children. I had been married to both of them. All were scumbags who paid ZERO in child support. I worked 60 hour weeks many times so my kids could wear "decent" clothes to school. They all were on the free school lunch program, but it's all they knew from kindergarten & our parish had a high number participating so it was no big deal. The only advantage I could find to being a poor single mother was a tax advantage. That Earned Income Credit made it possible to provide some things my children wouldn't have had otherwise. There are more of "me's" than your hypothetical welfare queens.

It is a sad state of affairs how the poor have been demonized. Most of the poor are the "working poor."

Jan - https://saintsreport.com/threads/being-poor.337208/post-5902717

Where are the laws making sure this never happens?

There are cases where a single mother can be asked

1. Is the father dead? "No, he isn't"
    2. Do you not know where he is? "No, I know exactly where he is"
    3. Is he unemployed? "No, he has a good job"

and no child support.

it costs money to track someone down and sue for child support, and enforce it

If these states were so concerned about the welfare of the child there should be a public fund and legal resources that a woman can access at no cost to get the legal action to get child support she needs from the father

If a guy makes X and is paying Y in child support today but three years from now he's making 4X then child support goes to 4Y

ideally support should be direct deposit from the father's employer and not depend on him to pay it to her

Laws and consequences for workplace shenanigans. Guy works for his buddy's company who says “I'll pay you a low salary of ABC, and support will based on that but I'll pay you XYZ under the table in cash”

severe penalties for the guy and company that gets caught doing that

And a woman should be able to attest in court that the father is a worthless, no good, piece of shirt scumbag and she gets full custody, with no visitation rights or contact. No weekends, no summers, no holidays, no Christmas gifts, or birthday cards or phone calls.

No nothing but a monthly check

And if that sounds cruel, (No one's keeping me from my kid!) it's no more so than forcing a woman to have a baby she doesn't want and forced to interact and co parent with a scumbag she hates and never wants to see again

Where are these laws at? Where are people even asking for these?

Last edited:
    These drugs are not solely used for abortions. The government has zero business interfering between a doctor and a patient.
    really, zero? So a doctor can RX oxy at his discretion with no over sight or influence from the government?
    What about illegal cosmentic surgeries, those should be allowed?
    Weird how you are libertarian when it is something you support but all others things you 'trust the science' and big gov.

This should be a bigger issue

In our 2 mega threads on abortion (this one and the Ginsberg thread) and comments in general there's quite a bit of

She did the crime she needs to do the time

This wouldn't have happened if she wasn't sleeping around

She should have realized that actions have consequences

She made her bed, and spread her legs in them, getting what she deserved

An awful lot of she, she, she and precious little about the guy who laid between her legs

While all these abortion bans are being passed where are all the accompanying laws saying the man is just as responsible as she is?

Yes, there's child support but I read an article saying that a large amount is either underpaid, sporadically paid or not paid at all. I forget the percentage that falls into one of these 3 categories but it was shockingly high

There was this from our own beloved MamaSaint (RIP)

Where are the laws making sure this never happens?

There are cases where a single mother can be asked

1. Is the father dead? "No, he isn't"
    2. Do you not know where he is? "No, I know exactly where he is"
    3. Is he unemployed? "No, he has a good job"

and no child support.

it costs money to track someone down and sue for child support, and enforce it

If these states were so concerned about the welfare of the child there should be a public fund and legal resources that a woman can access at no cost to get the support she needs

If a guy makes X and is paying Y in child support today but three years from now he's making 4X then child support goes to 4Y

ideally support should be direct deposit from the father's employer and not depend on him to pay it to her

Laws and consequences for workplace shenanigans. Guy works for his buddy's company who says I'll pay you a salary of ABC, and support will based on that but I'll pay you XYZ under the table in cash. severe penalties for a company that gets caught doing that

And a woman should be able to attest in court that the father is a worthless, piece of shirt scumbag and she gets full custody, with no visitation rights or contact. No weekends, no holidays, no Christmas gifts, or birthday cards or phone calls. No nothing but a monthly check

And if that sounds cruel, (No one's keeping me from my kid!) it's no more so than forcing a woman to have a baby she doesn't want and forced to interact and co parent with a scumbag she never wants to see again

Where are these laws at? Where are people even asking for these?
    If you are asking the father to take responsablity (which I 100% support) then I am with you on that. But the other side of the coin...
    Does the father have a right to demand the child not be aborted, if he is paid up, does he have that standing or only the mother can decide?

Also, if a child support law is passed and the mother collects from the father, then should that mother also be denied social services since the child is being paid for?

really, zero? So a doctor can RX oxy at his discretion with no over sight or influence from the government?
    Weird how you are libertarian when it is something you support but all others things you 'trust the science' and big gov.

At that point, the doctor is breaking the law and most like their oath. Do you really need it spelled out that crimes clearly should be investigated?

You just killed irony. RIP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom