Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

It would be way cooler if you did though.
    usually when people say it's illegal to vote without an ID, they are pretty adamant about being right. even though they have never actually looked into it, only believing what they were told by Fox News and other sources of that nature..

this is speculation from this guy, which he makes clear in the next tweet. I am of the same opinion, though. Roberts was hell-bent on finding the Dobbs leaker, until all of a sudden that just went away. It was either Alito or done with his knowledge.

In Pence's interview on Meet The Press, he clearly states that his belief in Jesus Christ as his savior is why he supported Trump's picks for the Supreme Court and why he supports the ruling to overturn Roe vs Wade. That is in direct conflict with the separation of church and state.

https://www.nbc.com/meet-the-press/video/meet-the-press-112022/9000216383

His statement begins around the 33/4 minute mark.

In Pence's interview on Meet The Press, he clearly states that his belief in Jesus Christ as his savior is why he supported Trump's picks for the Supreme Court and why he supports the ruling to overturn Roe vs Wade. That is in direct conflict with the separation of church and state.

Most GOPers don’t even hide it any longer, they want Church = State. They want an authoritative Christian nationalist state, look at DeSantis and all of his BS….its both dangerous and as un-American as you can get…..

I eagerly await all those right wing pundits who called for Sotomayor to resign (when they suspected, with no actual evidence, she leaked Dobbs) to chime right in and call for Alito to resign.

I’m sure they’ll be along any minute now. 🥱🫥
    Is this when the Dems start screaming for more judges on the SC?

You believe a person should separate their values and morals when voting or supporting political episodes?

How would this be a violation of 'separation of church and state'??

About the same amount of proof as you have of voter fraud. Is an ID so magical that no one would challenge it? People challenge signatures now. Anyway, you know I'm right.
    He must have been under a rock in 2016 after the election. there isn't one type of voter fraud that the GOP didn't throw out there to help help their big lie..

Curious to see what the reaction/fallout will be when there is a huge drop off in hook ups
    =============================

The nation’s 17 million college students have confronted a new and chaotic reality on campus this fall: a fast-changing legal landscape and entirely new norms in the wake of the Dobbsdecision on abortion.

For some, the changes are joyful, a protection of human life. For others, they are terrifying, pushing them to consider scenarios that would have been unthinkable just months ago, such as having to drop out of school if they became pregnant.

Their responses were nuanced and widely varied, reflecting the diversity of the student population and the tremendous legal uncertainty.

One of the students elated by the ruling said she wept at the prospect of so many babies’ lives being saved. Some students spoke of their intensified fears of rape. Many were furious and said they would focus their energy on protests and politics.

Students in medical fields wondered how their education might shift. Some worried about the possibility of reprisals for speaking out. In those cases, The Washington Post abbreviated the last names.

Here’s what they said

“Hookup culture is dead”

Helena Woroniecka, 24, University of Arizona

“I honestly feel like I cannot catch a break. Graduating high school in 2020 in the midst of a pandemic and trying to navigate coming of age within it was difficult enough. Now, having to worry about having my bodily autonomy taken from me and millions of other people makes me feel sad and fearful for the new school year.”

— Lindsey Gonzalez, 20, University of Central Florida

“I mean, it feels daunting. I’m lucky that I’m attending a school in a state where abortion is still accessible and will likely remain. But that’s the thing: I am lucky.”

— Lizz Murray, 18, Mt. Holyoke College, Massachusetts

“Going back to campus this year was more difficult than I anticipated. I’d known the decision that was coming, and I still felt like the ground had been ripped out from underneath my feet.”

— Molly Kaspar, 24, Boise State University, Idaho

“It sucks. I haven’t heard anyone who thinks, ‘This is awesome. This rocks.’”

— Nick Escue, 19, Collin College’s Frisco Campus, Texas

“I’m very excited to be able to go to school in a post-Roe America. No one has been able to do this for 50 years, so I am very happy about it.”

— Sara De Rosa, 19, Chandler-Gilbert Community College, Arizona

“It was extra hard coming back to school here this fall. It’s crazy how a two-hour plane ride can take you back 50 years.”

— Gwyneth Corrales, 21, Arizona State University

“I go to school in Massachusetts, but my home is Arizona. This year, going back to college means I can escape to a state where I know my reproductive rights will be upheld.”

— Piper Corey, 19, Smith College, Massachusetts……..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom