Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights per draft opinion (Update: Dobbs opinion official) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Not long ago Kari Lake proclaimed Arizona's abortion law was a great law and wanted it the law of the state.

Now that she has gotten her way, she is lobbying for it to be repealed.

As I have been saying since 2022, the overwhelming vast majority of women aren't going to vote for the man who proudly boasts that he got rid of Roe V. Wade. Nor are those women going to vote for a forced birther politician.

Turns out, republican belief in "pro life" was all just lies to get votes. Who is surprised? I sure am not.

How many forced birthers will do the same about face?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/ka ... r-BB1ltx3I.

Arizona Republican Senate candidate Kari Lake is actively lobbying state lawmakers to overturn a 160-year-old law she once supported that bans abortion in almost all cases, a source with knowledge of her efforts told CNN.

I think it needs to be more personal. A review board made up of the woman and her doctors. Less review, though, and more of a decision that ultimately rests with the woman.
    and the baby that can't speak or defend itself.

I definitely support pithy comebacks that distort the posts they are responding to, so... carry on!

I follow your lead.

But seriously, do you support segregation or is segregation just a crazy right wing conspiracy theory too?

How about no review board. The government has not place in that decision.
    I would tend to agree with you on that.
    However, do they not get tax dollars? Yes, I know all the millions they give PP is for office supplies and condoms and obtaining our tax payers does not shift their finances to their abortion business. The simple and undeniable fact is that the federal government indirectly funded abortion. Maybe, if that was not the case then there would not be as big as a push back. The left can't help themselves though. Safe, legal and rare to kill it up until birth.

However, do they not get tax dollars? Yes, I know all the millions they give PP is for office supplies and condoms and obtaining our tax payers does not shift their finances to their abortion business. The simple and undeniable fact is that the federal government indirectly funded abortion. Maybe, if that was not the case then there would not be as big as a push back. The left can't help themselves though. Safe, legal and rare to kill it up until birth.

Planned Parenthood isn't anywhere near the most deadly place government money gets sent.

Seems like a weird place for pro life people to focus their desire to preserve life.

Lol, Farb, if we all couldn’t kill babies that are about to be born where would we get the adrenochrome that we all need?

Quit lying. And quit pretending you don’t believe in all the Q nut conspiracy theories.

Being a parent is expensive. Being a criminal is also expensive, whether you lose economic opportunities to avoid apprehension or spend money on your defense if apprehended or go to prison and lose everything and, marked as a felon, emerge unemployable.

Abortion is an economic issue, because when it’s not legal, those are the two remaining options, leaving out being dead, which you could argue is either very expensive or absolutely beyond the realms of money and price.

And being dead is also on the table because women have all too often died from lack of access to reproductive healthcare, including abortions (to say nothing of being unable to leave an abuser, to whom pregnancy and children can bind you more tightly). They are facing more of that now.

Having no options but to be dead, criminal or a parent is not a sane or moral argument for parenthood, and it’s also pretty different than having certain inalienable rights, including life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Also, now that abortion is unavailable under almost all circumstances in Texas and other states, it’s an economic justice issue in that those with the financial capacity to take time off, travel in search of care and pay for it out of pocket are not affected the way those who cannot do so are.

And those who can afford to get an abortion under these circumstances are also those who can afford to defend themselves against possible criminal charges.

All of which is to say, abortion is an economic issue and a labor issue, as well as a human rights and healthcare issue, as the AFL-CIO and other labor unions have recognized.

So it’s been confounding to see some supposedly progressive men say that people should talk about economics instead of abortion, as if the loss of reproductive rights isn’t a huge economic blow to anyone facing the possibility of an unwanted pregnancy.

The last days before the midterm elections should include robust Democratic conversations about defending rights and pursuing economic justice, with access to abortion central to both.

Access to birth control and abortion laid the groundwork for US women to begin to claim financial, professional and educational equality – a goal still far from realized, overall, but reproductive rights flattened the mountains and filled in the chasms a little.

Taking that away pushes women back into the grim era when an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy could upend a life, stop an education, stymie a career, force unwanted dependency on the person who caused that pregnancy – an era when self-determination was an aspiration, not a given……

Eight years ago, St. Louis resident Carlos Madrid was approached by a close family member with a plea: She needed help paying for an abortion.

“She was not in a solid relationship or a super stable living situation, and she just wasn’t really ready to have a kid yet,” said Madrid, 42, who is Mexican American. “I’m glad she was able to have that option, otherwise I don’t know what she would be doing — she’d be on all kinds of welfares.”

That experience has made restoring abortion rights one of Madrid’s top concerns as he heads to the ballot box next week, and he’s not alone — Latinos rank abortion as their second-biggest issue, after rising prices, according to a Washington Post-Ipsos poll published last month.

For decades, Democrats and Republicans trying to attract Latino voters have been guided by widespread assumptions that the generally Democratic Latino electorate is conservative on the issue of abortion.

But recent polls have debunked those long-held beliefs, finding most Latinos say abortion should be legal, often on par with White voters though trailing Black voters in support.

“I just don’t think we’re really as conservative as everybody thought,” Madrid said. “Almost everybody knows somebody who had to think about having an abortion.”

Experts credit the growing youth of the Latino population and the length of time they have been living in and adapting to U.S. culture.

Those assumptions were also driven by long-held misconceptions of the role that religion, particularly Catholicism, plays in Latinos’ lives, they say…….

I follow your lead.

But seriously, do you support segregation or is segregation just a crazy right wing conspiracy theory too?
    I think your question is nonsensical (and realize it was intended to be for effect). But I'm still curious if you've ever been oppressed in your life.

I think your question is nonsensical (and realize it was intended to be for effect). But I'm still curious if you've ever been oppressed in your life.

She doesn't acknowledge the existence of white privilege. So the erosion of that feels like oppression to her.

Lol, Farb, if we all couldn’t kill babies that are about to be born where would we get the adrenochrome that we all need?

Quit lying. And quit pretending you don’t believe in all the Q nut conspiracy theories.
    Can you show me where my statement you quoted branched off into Q nut territory?

I just want to be clear, you do not support segregation based on race, regardless of whom is being segregated, is that correct?

Yes, I have been oppressed all the time actually.

Yes, that is exactly who I am talking about defending.

Cool. You keep defending the fetus incapable of sustaining life and I'll keep defending the living, breathing woman to ensure that she continues to live and breathe.

Cool. You keep defending the fetus incapable of sustaining life and I'll keep defending the living, breathing woman to ensure that she continues to live and breathe.
    Your tribe would expect nothing less.

I want to buy a fully automatic rifle. I can't without a lot of paperwork, money and an valid state issued ID. That is oppression, no?
    I also left my ID at the house the other and day and got turned down for a six pack. I called the police and they backed the store owner. WTF!
    I called the courthouse to obtain a marriage license. I was told I would need ID and I had to present in person at the courthouse and my fiance had to be present as well! What is this place, Iran?!?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom