Supreme Court Corruption (Formerly Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

cuddlemonkey

Well-known monkey
    Reaction score
    It seems that a billionaire GOP donor has spent a small fortune on vacations for Ginni and Clarence Thomas.

weirdly ironic he respects his wife's rights to CHOOSE to do whatever she wants
    Calling her an independently minded private citizen, Alito wrote, “She makes her own decisions and I honor her right to do so.”
    Which is irrelevant to the question of his lack of bias.

weirdly ironic he respects his wife's rights to CHOOSE to do whatever she wants
    Calling her an independently minded private citizen, Alito wrote, “She makes her own decisions and I honor her right to do so.”
    Eh, I see it as him blame shifting. But hey, people think what they're gonna think.

Eh, I see it as him blame shifting. But hey, people think what they're gonna think.
    Yes, he is. He knows better but, like many humans, thinks that lying or misdirecting is better than honesty. Of course, that wads obvious from his, Thomas’s, Kavanaugh’s, Barrett’s and Gorsuch’s congressional testimony during confirmation. All of them lied.

He is an arrogant meanie. Edit: I forgot the word that the word I used would evoke. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
    So the neighbors sign did NOT name Mrs, Alito and was a month after the time the flag was flown, so Alito lied about it being a personal sign (it was not about her - it merely said “you are complicit” and was aimed at Trump) and he lied about it being the reason his wife turned the flag upside down because it was a month after the flag was flown.

How can Roberts allow this to stand? Alito has lied multiple times about this incident now.

"As the Court right notes, 'a passerby on [the] street confronted with a flag standing outside of [property] . . . would likely conclude that [the flag] conveys some message on [the owner's] behalf."

J. Alito, concurring, Shurtleff v. Boston, 20-1800 (2022).
    Insufferably arrogant.

Maybe something, maybe nothing
    =========================

Neighbors of Samuel Alito and his wife described how a disagreement over political lawn signs put up in the wake of the 2020 presidential election quickly devolved into “unhinged behavior towards a complete stranger” by the supreme court justice’s wife.

Emily Baden says she never intended to get into a fight with Alito and his wife, Martha-Ann, her powerful neighbors who live on the same suburban cul-de-sac as her mother outside Washington DC.

Then a large black car, part of the Alitos’ security detail, started parking in front of her mother’s house instead of theirs, and Baden understood the perils of being an ordinary citizen going up against one of the most powerful men in the country.

The two sides do not agree on much, but Baden, a staunch liberal, and Martha-Ann Alito, a staunch conservative, concur that they began exchanging words in late 2020, almost two months after Joe Biden’s election victory over Donald Trump. Soon after, according to Baden, the Alitos’ security detail began parking a car directly in front of her mother’s house – several houses down from its usual spots either directly in front of the Alitos or across the street from them.

“This happened a handful of times,” Baden now recalls. “I took that as directly threatening.”

Baden and her husband both say that the security detail’s car showed up in front of her mother’s house again two weeks ago, after the New York Times broke the story about an upside-down American flag hanging on the Alitos’ flagpole in the days before Biden’s inauguration – a symbol associated with the January 6 insurrection that sought to prevent Biden from taking office at all.….

I will bet that Cannon is also being coached on how to delay the documents trial. I think our judiciary is compromised by the right wing zealots.

Supreme Court Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. has offered multiple accounts of how politically charged flags came to fly outside his homes in Virginia and New Jersey — the type of display that is generally off-limits for judges, who must remain impartial and avoid even the appearance of bias as they handle cases.

Since the public revelation of the flags engulfed the nation’s highest court in criticism last month and prompted calls for Alito’s recusal from certain cases, the justice has said it was his wife who flew the banners, not him, and that she flew one of them after a neighborhood dispute.

But his successive explanations — in a statement, an interview with Fox News and letters to Congress — have raised additional questions, and in some cases conflicted with known facts.

Alito has yet to fully explain some key aspects of the controversy: How long did an upside-down American flag fly at the Alitos’ Virginia home?

Where did they get the “Appeal to Heaven” flag that flew at their New Jersey beach house? And more.

Here are the major discrepancies in Alito’s telling and what he still has not fully answered. Neither he nor his wife, Martha-Ann Alito, responded to a request for comment……

Just heard on TV, which I wasn’t really watching just listening off and on, that a former law clerk for Alito is now calling for Alito to recuse on the Trump and Jan 6 cases. I will look for the article.

Did find a snippet of an interview with the neighbor. Alito was there during the incident which he said caused his wife to turn the flag upside down, except the neighbors made a police report and the incident was a month after the flag incident. Alito is lying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom