Supreme Court Corruption (Formerly Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

cuddlemonkey

Well-known monkey
    Reaction score
    It seems that a billionaire GOP donor has spent a small fortune on vacations for Ginni and Clarence Thomas.

As soon as I saw that on X I knew you would posting it here.

Do ethics rules apply to spouses?

Is this the 1st time you've heard of that flag?

It’s a famous American revolutionary flag. It was commissioned and flown by George Washington. The phrase comes from John Locke.

The flag was also on the introduction to the HBO John Adams show.

1000005156.jpg

George Washington, John Locke and HBO are pillars of the MAGA movement 🤣 🤣 🤣

Irrelevant. Look up the word “context” in the dictionary.

Do ethics rules apply to spouses?
    Well..the law on recusal requires a judge to recuse themselves if:

(4)
    He knows that he…or HIS SPOUSE…has…any other interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding;

(5)He or his spouse, or a person within the third degree of relationship to either of them, or the spouse of such a person:
    (iii)
    Is known by the judge to have an interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding;
    So the rules do, specifically, apply to spouses.

(4)
    He knows that he…or HIS SPOUSE…has…any other interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding;

(5)He or his spouse, or a person within the third degree of relationship to either of them, or the spouse of such a person:
    (iii)
    Is known by the judge to have an interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding;
    He wants Biden to be impeached because of the actions of an adult son, yet cannot fathom why actual patriotic Americans would be upset that the spouse(s) of Supreme Court Justices are in the MAGA cult so deep they are flying flags identifying with it? If you even believe he didn’t know about it, which is doubtful.

Two sets of standards on full display here. Kushner traffics in influence with foreign governments? That’s perfectly fine. Flags associated with an anti-government political movement flown at the houses of a Supreme Court Justice? Perfectly fine.

FBI executing a legal search warrant for stolen classified documents? Oh no! Weaponized justice system, election interference! Clinton keeps a private server? Lock her up!

The complete slavish loyalty to party over country is truly sickening, but is a signal characteristic of MAGA.

If we had any doubt about Roberts’ legacy, he let Alito write a decision this week that upholds flawed maps in South Carolina. It’s a huge middle finger to folks who care about voting rights and proper representation, and shows that Roberts doesn’t care that Alito and Thomas are just being openly political activists.

(4)

(iii)
    Okay but according to that it doesn't apply to his wife. Good try, but a swing and a miss.

Your reading comprehension still needs work. Spouse = Wife

Someone needs to try again alright.
    Yeah I'm aware they are the same. Look at you thinking you got me for using a related word

You usually aren't worth a reply, but why don't you tell me how, according to those rules, does Alito’s wife have…any other interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding; or Is known by the judge to have an interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding?

Cut him a break

It’s not like spouse is capitalized or mentioned three times or……. wait a minute
    Lol. Do you think that I didn't know that a spouse can be a wife? Or did I just type wife instead if spouse?

I said it doesn't apply to his wife/spouse because it doesn't meet the criteria for the rules that were posted here.

Both made up controversies about the flags are complete BS and completely laughable. It's something I would expect from a 12 year old if they were involved in politics.

An upside down flag has always been a symbol of distress since this nation's founding.

The appeal to heaven flag was flown by George Washington, it came from John Locke, it's Massachusetts official maritime ensign, and it was on the intro to HBO's John Adams.

It's beyond ridiculous to think that because some people flew those flags at January 6th that it automatically changes the meaning and the reason why people display those flags.

It's similar to the disgusting tactic the left uses to say political commentators or politicians are responsible when crazy people kill or commit violence based on what those commentators or politicians said. That standard wasn't applied to Bernie Sanders and the Congressional shooting for some reason.🤔

I understand the left is getting more and more desperate now that they are realizing Biden will lose in November, but this made up flag controversy is all about trying to get Alito as well as Thomas to recuse themselves for anything Trump related at SCOTUS.

Both made up controversies about the flags are complete BS and completely laughable. It's something I would expect from a 12 year old if they were involved in politics.

An upside down flag has always been a symbol of distress since this nation's founding.

The appeal to heaven flag was flown by George Washington, it came from John Locke, it's Massachusetts official maritime ensign, and it was on the intro to HBO's John Adams.

It's beyond ridiculous to think that because some people flew those flags at January 6th that it automatically changes the meaning and the reason why people display those flags.

It's similar to the disgusting tactic the left uses to say political commentators or politicians are responsible when crazy people kill or commit violence based on what those commentators or politicians said. That standard wasn't applied to Bernie Sanders and the Congressional shooting for some reason.🤔

I understand the left is getting more and more desperate now that they are realizing Biden will lose in November, but this made up flag controversy is all about trying to get Alito as well as Thomas to recuse themselves for anything Trump related at SCOTUS.

Why is it that Republicans can never truly own what they believe in? We all know that Alito knew those flags were flying on his property and what they meant at the time in conjunction with him flying them when he did. We know it was in support of the Jan 6th insurrectionist. But now Alito is unwilling to admit that and accept the response/consequences for his actions and here you are spinning BS to try and deflect.

If he's going to be brazen enough to fly those flags when he did and associate with the Jan 6th insurrectionist, then he should be man enough to own it and accept the response. But NO, this all has to be spun and some innocent cooiedence by the cadre of right wingers while they're winking at the cult as they're spinning their BS.

Yeah I'm aware they are the same. Look at you thinking you got me for using a related word

You usually aren't worth a reply, but why don't you tell me how, according to those rules, does Alito’s wife have…any other interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding; or Is known by the judge to have an interest that could be substantially affected by the outcome of the proceeding?
    So...more lack of reading comprehension. You do realize Thomas' wife has conflicting interests in multiple SCOTUS proceedings, which is precisely what these rules are addressing. But go ahead and keep playing dumb.

So...more lack of reading comprehension. You do realize Thomas' wife has conflicting interests in multiple SCOTUS proceedings, which is precisely what these rules are addressing. But go ahead and keep playing dumb.
    What conflicting interests does Thomas' wife have with the current cases at SCOTUS?

Why is it that Republicans can never truly own what they believe in? We all know that Alito knew those flags were flying on his property and what they meant at the time in conjunction with him flying them when he did. We know it was in support of the Jan 6th insurrectionist. But now Alito is unwilling to admit that and accept the response/consequences for his actions and here you are spinning BS to try and deflect.
    Do you think some people at January 6th flying those flags changes the meaning behind them for everyone else in the country?

I just had a talk with my daughter. I told her that someone at January 6th had a Hello Kitty flag. I said that because of that we now have to burn her Hello Kittly backpack and she needs to confess to being a Maga extremist to all her friends on social meida. I told her she's no better than Trump ans she's a disgrace to her country.
    If he's going to be brazen enough to fly those flags when he did and associate with the Jan 6th insurrectionist, then he should be man enough to own it and accept the response. But NO, this all has to be spun and some innocent cooiedence by the cadre of right wingers while they're winking at the cult as they're spinning their BS.
    Don't get too upset about this, but they found something else at Alito’s house.

Pack the courts! Add more justices!

Do you think some people at January 6th flying those flags changes the meaning behind them for everyone else in the country?

I just had a talk with my daughter. I told her that someone at January 6th had a Hello Kitty flag. I said that because of that we now have to burn her Hello Kittly backpack and she needs to confess to being a Maga extremist to all her friends on social meida. I told her she's no better than Trump ans she's a disgrace to her country.

Don't get too upset about this, but they found something else at Alito’s house.

Pack the courts! Add more justices!

Predictable.

You're an exemplary MAGA cult followerer. Always willing to spin their BS. It's like you're paid to do so.

Predictable.

You're an exemplary MAGA cult followerer. Always willing to spin their BS. It's like you're paid to do so.
    You can't even answer the question. Lol that's becoming very common around here. It's fine if you don't want to answer a question, but if that's the case why even respond to my post?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom