Supreme Court Corruption (Formerly Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

cuddlemonkey

Well-known monkey
    Reaction score
    It seems that a billionaire GOP donor has spent a small fortune on vacations for Ginni and Clarence Thomas.

We already have a federal officer immunity standard under the Supremacy Clause caselaw, I don't get why it needs to be any different for a president. Was the act reasonably within the official duties of federal officer involved and was it carried out in a reasonable way. I think there can be quite a bit of deference in those standards but as a baseline, it has to be reasonably related to an official function that fits within the authority of federal law, and it has to be a reasonable performance of that function.

It's entirely appropriate - and it already exists. No president has ever needed to invoke it and Trump can invoke it now. Meadows tried it in the Georgia case and lost, because intervening in election results is not within the function and authority of the White House chief of staff.
    And presumably it can be argued that the same standard applies to the President and intervening in the election would be outside the scope of his duties. It seems if the court expands his immunity beyond the scope of his work, then we have a real problem on our hands. They would in essence be legislating from the bench if the Court rules he has expanded immunity.

Fwiw, I'm not convinced they'll do that. I would think they'll basically affirm that immunity is limited to his duties as President and remand it back to the lower courts. But I don't know, what should be obvious isn't so obvious these days.

By remanding it back they will be doing Trump’s bidding. That’s all his legal team wants in this case- to delay it until after the election. The American people deserve to know the facts of this case and its outcome before the election, and SCOTUS seems to be trying to delay it. It reeks of corruption, IMO.

By remanding it back they will be doing Trump’s bidding. That’s all his legal team wants in this case- to delay it until after the election. The American people deserve to know the facts of this case and its outcome before the election, and SCOTUS seems to be trying to delay it. It reeks of corruption, IMO.
    Biden’s election strategy of putting Trump in jail is failing.

Biden’s election strategy of putting Trump in jail is failing.
    Trump will be found guilty in these cases. They are strong, with plenty of facts. Your assertion that Biden is directing them is false, and laughable.

The question I have for you is why you would support a rapist and a fraud for president?

Trump will be found guilty in these cases. They are strong, with plenty of facts. Your assertion that Biden is directing them is false, and laughable.

The question I have for you is why you would support a rapist and a fraud for president?
    Why do you support a rapist and someone who showered with his daughter?

Why do you support a rapist and someone who showered with his daughter?
    Well, those are lies. While Trump has been found by two different courts of law to be a fraud, and to have raped Carroll. So you have no excuse at all. You just have to own it.

Well, those are lies. While Trump has been found by two different courts of law to be a fraud, and to have raped Carroll. So you have no excuse at all. You just have to own it.
    So Biden is a rapist, he showered with his daughter and you can now add genocide supporter to that list. Real upstanding guy.

So Biden is a rapist, he showered with his daughter and you can now add genocide supporter to that list. Real upstanding guy.
    These are lies. Get back to me when any of it is proven in court. Trump is a proven fraud and rapist.

So Biden is a rapist, he showered with his daughter...
    This is such an pathetic, desperate and obscene lie.

This lie getting repeated shows that Trump devotees are scared that Trump will lose the election and end up in prison.

Everything Trump and his devotees accuse others of, Trump is actually guilty of. So this lie indicates that Trump most likely acted sexually inappropriately toward one of his daughters and fully supports Israeli killing all of the Palestinians.

These are lies. Get back to me when any of it is proven in court. Trump is a proven fraud and rapist.
    From a civil trial that has a much lower burden of proof that a criminal trial, but keep focusing on it if you like. Considering Biden has been accused of rape, it's not the gotcha that you think it is.

From a civil trial that has a much lower burden of proof that a criminal trial, but keep focusing on it if you like. Considering Biden has been accused of rape, it's not the gotcha that you think it is.
    You keep repeating that to yourself while you clutch your pearls. Whatever lets you justify your support for such a terrible human being.

You keep repeating that to yourself while you clutch your pearls. Whatever lets you justify your support for such a terrible human being.
    You support the guy who is enabling genocide in Gaza. It doesn't get any worse than that.

Why don't you tell us in your words what you think?
    Happy to. Trump and the GOP are devaluing our system of laws. They do so by lying about people who break laws (as in the Jan 6 insurrectionists who have been prosecuted and sentenced). They do so by lying about judges, courts and the law enforcement community. They do so by lying about the president directing any of these proceedings while ignoring that Trump actually tried to direct the DOJ to prosecute his political rivals. I really cannot think of much of anything more dangerous to the US than this betrayal they are currently waging.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom