Supreme Court Corruption (Formerly Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

cuddlemonkey

Well-known monkey
    Reaction score
    It seems that a billionaire GOP donor has spent a small fortune on vacations for Ginni and Clarence Thomas.

Thomas and Alito shouldn't be allowed to practice law much less be on the Supreme Court with how corrupt they are, but that openness to corruption is exactly why the Republicans put them on the court in the first place. At every turn, what Republicans do destroys the functioning of our government and country. It doesn't matter where they're at.

Why do voters in this country continue to vote for that? I will never understand that psychosis when the fruits of what Republicans put out is consistently so rotten. :emri99:
    This reflects even more so about Roberts as Chief Justice. Despite political beliefs, the likes of Earl Warren, Warren Burger, or even William Rehnquist would never allow their courts to be muddied like this.

Last edited:
    George H. W. Bush nominated Justice Thomas. George W. Bush nominated Justice Alito. Good job boys.

00alito-house-gqcp-superJumbo.jpg

This reflects even more so about Roberts as Chief Justice. Despite political beliefs, the likes of Earl Warren, Warren Burger, or even William Rehnquist would never allow their courts to be muddied like this.
    Some of the news commenters were saying this morning how Roberts is so even keeled and wants to keep the court on a traditional non-partisan path. I said, no he doesn’t. If he did, he would have done something about Alito and Roberts. I feel 100% sure that Alito leaked his own decision on Dobbs. The “investigation” was a whitewash that purposefully didn’t find out anything. Thomas should have been disciplined for his ethical misdeeds, at the very least. Alito and Thomas should have to recuse for any case related to Trump and/or elections. We cannot trust either one of them, they are both 100% partisan hacks.

Oh and Alito is now sending out more information: supposedly the sign said “fork Trump” only it didn’t say “fork”. And his wife was upset about it because it was supposedly 50 feet from a place where kids got on the school bus. She and neighbor had words and they also put up a sign addressing her personally and blaming her for Jan 6. So she got mad and put their flag upside down.

We know at least part of this is a lie, because all public schools in that area were remote from Dec. 2020 to Feb. 2021. So there were no kids waiting on school buses there. Even if she was personally upset about the profanity, her response of putting the flag upside down makes zero sense. How does that signify being upset about profanity? It doesn’t. It signifies being upset about a “stolen election”.

Alito needs to recuse himself from the Jan 6 case and Thomas too while we’re at it.

Oh and Alito is now sending out more information: supposedly the sign said “fork Trump” only it didn’t say “fork”. And his wife was upset about it because it was supposedly 50 feet from a place where kids got on the school bus. She and neighbor had words and they also put up a sign addressing her personally and blaming her for Jan 6. So she got mad and put their flag upside down.

We know at least part of this is a lie, because all public schools in that area were remote from Dec. 2020 to Feb. 2021. So there were no kids waiting on school buses there. Even if she was personally upset about the profanity, her response of putting the flag upside down makes zero sense. How does that signify being upset about profanity? It doesn’t. It signifies being upset about a “stolen election”.

Alito needs to recuse himself from the Jan 6 case and Thomas too while we’re at it.

I heard the upside down flag signals the country is in distress. I also heard it was associated with the insurrectionists. Alito hasn’t offered this excuse, so I’m sure it doesn’t apply, but he could’ve claimed that he wasn’t siding with the insurrectionists. He could’ve claimed the he was merely making a statement about distress. The country was clearly in distress, regardless of which side you take.

I want to believe this, but what exactly can Roberts do? I don't believe the Chief Justice has that much power. I don't think he can kick anyone off the bench, or at least I've never heard of that happening, like ever. Not sure there's any precedent here. Only thing that can happen is if the Justice in question willingly steps down.

Is there any history of past Chief Justices doing this? Just wondering.
    Not sure there would be a record of a private talk anywhere. But he needs to do something for sure. They have adopted a code of ethics, right? It’s meaningless, obviously, if neither Alito nor Thomas recuse themselves when they have a clear bias. Roberts is screwing this up.

I heard the upside down flag signals the country is in distress. I also heard it was associated with the insurrectionists. Alito hasn’t offered this excuse, so I’m sure it doesn’t apply, but he could’ve claimed that he wasn’t siding with the insurrectionists. He could’ve claimed the he was merely making a statement about distress. The country was clearly in distress, regardless of which side you take.
    The flag code states this signal is only to be used in cases of imminent danger to life and limb, if I am remembering what I read today on it. It is against the flag code to display it upside down in any other circumstance.

Edit to add: found this on Cornell University site about the US flag code.

“The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.”

Not sure there would be a record of a private talk anywhere. But he needs to do something for sure. They have adopted a code of ethics, right? It’s meaningless, obviously, if neither Alito nor Thomas recuse themselves when they have a clear bias. Roberts is screwing this up.
    He can suggest they recuse themselves, but it's not up to him. For all we know, he may have had that conversation with them already and they refused to budge. It's hard to know either way.

He can suggest they recuse themselves, but it's not up to him. For all we know, he may have had that conversation with them already and they refused to budge. It's hard to know either way.
    He could call on them publicly to recuse. I don’t know how they could ignore that.

They just adopted a code of ethics. Those 2 are making clear that it’s a mockery and not worth anything.

He could call on them publicly to recuse. I don’t know how they could ignore that.

They just adopted a code of ethics. Those 2 are making clear that it’s a mockery and not worth anything.
    They might argue that the stuff they're being accused of was before that was implemented and is for going forward. Yeah, it's a lame excuse, but people tend to do that.

Again, my question is has a Chief Justice ever publicly rebuked another sitting justice in that way? If there's no precedent, I'm not sure Roberts is going to be the one to break that precedent. I'd love to see him do it tho.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom