State of the Union 2024 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    First thoughts thus far...
    • I really wish Biden would've started on something other than Trump.
    • Either MTG is broke or cheap walking around with a Trump 2020 cap on. She's totally in on trying to be VP.
    • Not only does Mike Johnson have a very punchable face, he just looks very creepy up there. He looks so out of place.
    • Joe is showing energy tonight.

MTG should feel stupid that her tactic got thrown back at her. But when you're already stupid I guess it doesn't matter.
    Yeah, Biden has a lot more experience with political stuff than she does. He’s really in his element and it shows.

I’m not sure I care to watch this. The clip I saw was so eerie. 😱

I'm not sure that I approve of that completely. You only pay mortgage insurance when you can't put down a 20% down payment, and it goes away when you have paid the loan down to 78%. People that can't pay the down payment are inherently more risky, so if we get rid of it, that risk will be passed to everyone else. There are already plenty of advantages to buying a home, but not everyone is able to afford it, and I don't think we should have more people buying that are going to have trouble paying. The solution for most people is to buy a small home and save money, not encourage people to get overextended.

I haven't seen any of it yet but.. Biden was on and Britt was so bad she reminded people of Jindal? Can't beat that.
    I watched most of it, and I think it was odd. She delivered most it almost crying, and breathless, and of course blamed Biden and distorted his record. Still, it wasn't terrible. I think she did better than Jindal. That crying delivery probably worked for some people.

I watched most of it, and I think it was odd. She delivered most it almost crying, and breathless, and of course blamed Biden and distorted his record. Still, it wasn't terrible. I think she did better than Jindal. That crying delivery probably worked for some people.
    Yeah I watched a couple of clips of her speech after I posted that and yeah.. didn't seem to be as bad as Jindal when he spoke to the entire country like a bunch of kindergarteners.

Mike Johnson tried his best to look like a disappointed schoolteacher in the back

I was thinking more like the mild mannered guy you meet at the beginning of the movie who turns out to be the villain mastermind behind the whole scheme at the end (or the serial killer, depending on kind of movie)

Anyone want to watch this?

1709908583563.png

Perception is reality.

Fox spent the evening trying to convince their audience that Biden is on drugs now.

That is how bad last night went for them.

MYG tried to show him up by giving him a pin for a murder victim at the hands of an undocumented individual.

He held up her pin and asked to stop the murders by passing his bill that they voted against. Master class.

His reaction when he saw her in the hat was wirth it all

And lastly - the mortgage insurance elimination was only for refinancing. This would help lower income familes be able to lower their monthly payment AND now be eligible to refinance. People who qualify to refi aren't the credit risk new owner's are,

Last edited:
    I'm not sure that I approve of that completely. You only pay mortgage insurance when you can't put down a 20% down payment, and it goes away when you have paid the loan down to 78%. People that can't pay the down payment are inherently more risky, so if we get rid of it, that risk will be passed to everyone else. There are already plenty of advantages to buying a home, but not everyone is able to afford it, and I don't think we should have more people buying that are going to have trouble paying. The solution for most people is to buy a small home and save money, not encourage people to get overextended.
    *Title* insurance.

our pets have indoctrinated us lol
    :ROFLMAO:
    Mrs. Bird and I always say everything we do is for the food and comfort of our dog.

Our little guy (not so little, 65lbs, part Lab, part Husky and who knows what else) is a hunter. He has dug up and killed moles. He killed a juvenile skunk. He absolutely hates the feral cats that are around. We live in a rural area and the neighbor puts out food for one which means a bunch show up. When they are stupid enough to come into the fenced in part of our property he goes after them. He turns his ears off. The squirrels are smart enough to stay out because there are no trees nearby for them to escape to. Our little guy has had cats by the back several times but they have gotten away although one or two might have gone off and died. He is 11 with arthritis in his back legs which doesn’t stop him from running out to bark at cats or going after them if they are in our yard. We do try to chase them away before he notices them but on occasion they are hiding under our deck or someplace else. I know people love cats. We really do try to stop him but they come in and hide under the deck or under the grill cover or in one of our two hemlocks which are in the fenced in part. If we see a cat in the yard we do not let him out. We will chase the cat away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom