/* */

Special Counsel January 6 conspiracy case against Trump in DC (Update: Trial set for March 4, 2024) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm so shocked that he can't keep his mouth shut

In an extraordinary filing released Friday, Smith's office accused Trump of engaging in a sweeping campaign of "disinformation" and harassment intended to intimidate witnesses, prosecutors and others involved in the prosecution he is facing.

"Like his previous public disinformation campaign regarding the 2020 presidential election, the defendant's recent extrajudicial statements are intended to undermine public confidence in an institution -- the judicial system -- and to undermine confidence in and intimidate individuals --the Court, the jury pool, witnesses, and prosecutors," the filing says.

I'm so shocked that he can't keep his mouth shut

In an extraordinary filing released Friday, Smith's office accused Trump of engaging in a sweeping campaign of "disinformation" and harassment intended to intimidate witnesses, prosecutors and others involved in the prosecution he is facing.

"Like his previous public disinformation campaign regarding the 2020 presidential election, the defendant's recent extrajudicial statements are intended to undermine public confidence in an institution -- the judicial system -- and to undermine confidence in and intimidate individuals --the Court, the jury pool, witnesses, and prosecutors," the filing says.
    No worse than his Judge buddy in Florida whose ruling this week on a 2 MONTH OLD request to have a SCIF built at MAL.
    Remember, one of the charges trump face is the willful retention of National Security Documents.
    28. All classified documents and information to which the defense has access in this case are now and will remain the property of the United States.

You don't say! :scratch:

I guess the upcoming trial will be to determine when those documents were not the property of the United States? :idunno:

That's a bold strategy that they have for today.

I wonder what one they will have tomorrow when that one is torn to shreds?
    52 pages just to say POTUS is, in fact, above the law. WRONG. No matter how they try to paint it, what he did was outside lines that were drawn by the constitution and he will be held accountable. His fate will be decided by the people in a court of law.

How long before he violates it, and then what happens?

I think he’ll probably be able to get one warning before sanction but it a a condition of his release, so she can simply revoke his bond release if he challenges her.

Here's Judge Chutkan's actual order. Note that it applies to all interested parties in the case, it's certainly directed at Trump but it's not a "Trump gag order" - it prohibits such conduct from any of the case participants. And note also that the prohibition covers attacks on (1) the prosecutors and staff, (2) the defense counsel and staff, (3) the court's staff, and (4) any reasonably foreseeable witness or the substance of their testimony.

I read this not to include Judge Chutkan herself, which I think shows that she's confident she can handle whatever he may say about her and not including herself may make the order more defensible - but perhaps she did mean to include herself and wasn't clear, though I don't think that's the case.

Anyway, here it is:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom