So what does Lincoln Project do now? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GMRfellowtraveller

Reaction score
    I doubt they like either of the R GA sen candidates, but I’m not sure they’ll throw full weight behind the Ds unless Trump gets heavily involved

but I’m pretty sure they start aiming their well financed guns at Dems broadly on Jan 21st

AFAIK we still have some Lincoln project true believers, despite all signs pointing to them simply burning 60 mil for twitter likes. Here is a study done by a major Democratic super pac.

The Democratic Super PAC found that the more popular an ad was on Twitter, measured through likes and retweets, the less likely it was to persuade a battleground voter to vote for Biden over Trump, according to the Daily Beast.

AFAIK we still have some Lincoln project true believers, despite all signs pointing to them simply burning 60 mil for twitter likes. Here is a study done by a major Democratic super pac.

“We were pretty clear from the get-go about the lanes of our strategic outreach. The first one, which made the most noise, was for the audience of one. That was the stuff directed at Trump, the campaign, the White House, and the family. The stuff we knew would distract them, make them angry, make them fight internally, make him fire Brad Parscale, sue us, whatever it was so their attention was pointed elsewhere,” Galen said.

So, if this was their main goal, which they seemed to be somewhat effective in achieving, weren't they successful?

While I am grateful for the Lincoln Project's efforts...their strategy was based on a presumption that there would be large pockets of Republican voters like themselves that thought independently and was able to physically go into a voting booth and actually vote for a Democrat candidate based on principal.

Turns out they were wrong...the GOP base consists of mostly single issue voters that believe that Democrats are going to go into your home, take your guns and forcibly abort your wife's newborn baby in a Satanic ashiest ritual.

While I am grateful for the Lincoln Project's efforts...their strategy was based on a presumption that there would be large pockets of Republican voters like themselves that thought independently and was able to physically go into a voting booth and actually vote for a Democrat candidate based on principal.

Turns out they were wrong...the GOP base consists of mostly single issue voters that believe that Democrats are going to go into your home, take your guns and forcibly abort your wife's newborn baby in a Satanic ashiest ritual.
    Hey. Democrats don't want to kill your wife's newborn baby, just your wife's unborn baby, thank you very much.

They should probably pack it up for now and come back under a new name. If they want a return of the more sane Reagan-Bush style Republican they'll need to peel off a lot of Trump voters, who most likely hate them now.

But I don't know if there is much of an audience left for those more traditional conservative ideals . Trump threw fiscal responsibility and our global military presence to the wind and 70 million people still voted for him. Turns out no one really cared about those things.

So, if this was their main goal, which they seemed to be somewhat effective in achieving, weren't they successful?

Twitter likes was not the mission statement when they were asking for donations.

Looks like the Lincoln Project is successful at getting in Trump's head.

A source who spoke to Trump
    said the president was complaining about Pence and brought up a Lincoln Project ad that claims that Pence is "backing away" from Trump. This ad has clearly got inside Trump’s head, the source said.

• Trump views Pence as not fighting hard enough for him — the same complaint he uses against virtually everybody who works for him and has been loyal to him.
    Pence’s role on Jan. 6 has begun to loom large in Trump’s mind, according to people who’ve discussed the matter with him.

• Trump would view Pence performing his constitutional duty — and validating the election result — as the ultimate betrayal.
    Trump turns on Pence, McConnell, Cipollone in desperate final days - Axios

If they can keep up the pressure on those companies, this can have a significant effect. It’s a natural course for them, they believe in a free market and are applying market pressure to those corporations in a way that frees up regular Democrats for the actual campaigns they need to run.

I like it.

uhoh
    • Co-founder of The Lincoln Project, John Weaver, has admitted sending "inappropriate" messages to several men after allegations surfaced this week, Axios reported on Friday.
    • "The truth is that I'm gay," Weaver said in an apologetic statement. "And that I have a wife and two kids who I love. My inability to reconcile those two truths has led to this agonizing place."
    • Several men accused Weaver of sending them unsolicited and sexually-suggestive messages, some of which also made offers of employment or political advancement.
    • Weaver, a former advisor to the late Sen. John McCain, said he would not be returning to the group.

I don't think that hurts them too much. George Conway, Rick Wilson and Steve Schmidt have always been the more publicly known spokespeople for the Lincoln Project.

They should buy Talk Radio stations and Fox News. Maybe they should start a Lincoln Party.

Well according to Mr. "trial by combat" the Lincoln Project was responsible for the insurrection

Good to see Trump is sharing tanning product with Rudy

“I don’t know if I can’t tell you, because I’m making this up

Fixed that for you, Rudy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom