So what does Lincoln Project do now? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GMRfellowtraveller

Reaction score
    I doubt they like either of the R GA sen candidates, but I’m not sure they’ll throw full weight behind the Ds unless Trump gets heavily involved

but I’m pretty sure they start aiming their well financed guns at Dems broadly on Jan 21st

Dear Lincoln Project, Bill Gates, George Soros, et al. If you really want to make a difference, BUY FOX NEWS and turn it into a legit news source.
    Sincerely;
    Everyone

I've wondered about that, or a company like sinclair media, that owns like 45% of the local tv market and forces those stations to air those right wing FUD pieces to push their agenda. Then I wonder if they would even consider being bought out, and I don't think they would even consider it (especially not from Soros).

Dear Lincoln Project, Bill Gates, George Soros, et al. If you really want to make a difference, BUY FOX NEWS and turn it into a legit news source.
    Sincerely;
    Everyone

Don’t you know Fox is fake news now too? On to Newsmax and OAN (or whatever, not worth my time to look)

Don’t you know Fox is fake news now too? On to Newsmax and OAN (or whatever, not worth my time to look)
    Fox News is pivoting to become more fake. They're firing many of their reputable journalists.

Fox will become even worse after this purge. Their opinion evening hosts probably won't change much, but their news programs are about to get worse. We need a right of center news station that isn't crazy. Fox is about to get crazy and lose the Lincoln Project audience, so I think the Lincoln Project or other investors might be able to tap into that market.

Unfortunately there is no market for non-crazy for the center-right. The educated center-right is more into print (e-print) like National Review or The Bulwark and they are a dying breed. Look at the younger GOP Senators and Congressmen -- they are all invariably Trumpian or, at least, refuse to rubuke his nonsense.

Unfortunately there is no market for non-crazy for the center-right. The educated center-right is more into print (e-print) like National Review or The Bulwark and they are a dying breed. Look at the younger GOP Senators and Congressmen -- they are all invariably Trumpian or, at least, refuse to rubuke his nonsense.

I don't think the younger GOP members are that much different ideologically than the older ones. They both have their fascists and their moderates, but the younger moderates have more to lose. In that light, the older moderates are the most pathetic. Unless they've already announced their retirement or are literally dying, they have been completely spineless.

I don't get why McConnell and Graham can't start to stick up for the sane Republican bloc at this point. Neither are up for re-election for another 5+ years, but instead of using their security to stick up for younger sane republicans like Sasse and Kinzinger, they're letting them twist in the wind to eventually go the way of other principled GOP members like Amash, Will Hurd, etc.

They should push for local electoral reform to lessen the power of extremist candidates in the primaries, and to reinstate the FCC Fairness Doctrine to combat mis/disinformation.

I don't think the younger GOP members are that much different ideologically than the older ones. They both have their fascists and their moderates, but the younger moderates have more to lose. In that light, the older moderates are the most pathetic. Unless they've already announced their retirement or are literally dying, they have been completely spineless.

I don't get why McConnell and Graham can't start to stick up for the sane Republican bloc at this point. Neither are up for re-election for another 5+ years, but instead of using their security to stick up for younger sane republicans like Sasse and Kinzinger, they're letting them twist in the wind to eventually go the way of other principled GOP members like Amash, Will Hurd, etc.
    I'm assuming it's because Mitch knows an internal fight within the GOP would weaken its ability to win state-wide offices -- especially given Trump's third-party threats.

I'm assuming it's because Mitch knows an internal fight within the GOP would weaken its ability to win state-wide offices -- especially given Trump's third-party threats.

I get why they think the numbers don't work without Trumpers, but it also doesn't work without principles. Country over party has to be the mantra and they need to bite the bullet and exorcise the crazies from the parry. Force the Trumper to start their own party. The only way to do it is to unambiguously boot Trumpers from the party.

In the short term, you'll lose a lot of elections and ground. But you keep the Republican sensible and pragmatic ideals, and have a fresh starting point to win back those lost during the Trump era. Maybe pull independents back down the road.

The only way that all happens is with a visionary leading the party. Nowhere near that right now.

Well, Graham appears to be a lost cause, but McConnell has found his voice. Cynical to the last, he enabled Trump for years, but decides that now he can defend Liz Cheney and condemn the Q Rep. All in the same day no less.

Question is did he wait too long to pull the party back from the lunatic fringe? 🤷‍♀️

Also, listening to Adam Kinzinger right now in tv being interviewed by Willie Geist. He just might be the sort of leader that needs to step forward. I’m very impressed.

I get why they think the numbers don't work without Trumpers, but it also doesn't work without principles. Country over party has to be the mantra and they need to bite the bullet and exorcise the crazies from the parry. Force the Trumper to start their own party. The only way to do it is to unambiguously boot Trumpers from the party.

In the short term, you'll lose a lot of elections and ground. But you keep the Republican sensible and pragmatic ideals, and have a fresh starting point to win back those lost during the Trump era. Maybe pull independents back down the road.

The only way that all happens is with a visionary leading the party. Nowhere near that right now.
    The GOP would not recover from a split for at least a decade, possibly more. And it's likely that a Trump party would win higher percentages of votes relegating the GOP to third place. This is all against the backdrop that, demographically-speaking, the Democrats are eventually on path to become a solid majority in the semi-distant future. The GOP has known for several years now that it it's strategy is based on stalling and 'exploiting' the awful republican (little r) form of government. They win through controlling rural counties and the fact that Montana has the same number of U.S. Senators as California. Split that in two and Democrats will possess super-majorities and never lose the Presidency.

sounds about right
    ===================
    Donald Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday responded to a scathing letter from the Lincoln Project’s lawyers in, perhaps, the most amusing way imaginable: with a letter saying he will not respond to their letter...........

Rudy Giuliani Responds to Lincoln Project’s Litigation Threat: ‘I’m Writing Them a Letter Back Telling Them I Will Not Respond to Their Letter’ (msn.com)
    Maybe if they would have said it was from Lincoln Project Total Landscaping, 'ol melty face would have responded to the letter...

The GOP would not recover from a split for at least a decade, possibly more. And it's likely that a Trump party would win higher percentages of votes relegating the GOP to third place. This is all against the backdrop that, demographically-speaking, the Democrats are eventually on path to become a solid majority in the semi-distant future. The GOP has known for several years now that it it's strategy is based on stalling and 'exploiting' the awful republican (little r) form of government. They win through controlling rural counties and the fact that Montana has the same number of U.S. Senators as California. Split that in two and Democrats will possess super-majorities and never lose the Presidency.

That sounds about right. It took them 30 years to get here after all...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom