So what does Lincoln Project do now? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GMRfellowtraveller

Reaction score
    I doubt they like either of the R GA sen candidates, but I’m not sure they’ll throw full weight behind the Ds unless Trump gets heavily involved

but I’m pretty sure they start aiming their well financed guns at Dems broadly on Jan 21st

I see you have at least churned over your horrible Twitter feed, SFL. I guess you kinda had to, though, since the ones you were always quoting were wrong about literally everything.

You don’t need to beat around the bush by quoting so many tweets. Just say what you mean to say. If you think Mike Madrid was culpable, if he knew about the scandal before, then say so. But we will need to know what he knew exactly. Soliciting adults using your job is sleazy, but the involvement of a 14 year old takes it to a new level. Did he know about everything, or just some things?

So this Cawthorne guy doesn’t acknowledge that Madrid and Seslow have left the Lincoln Project, at least in these tweets. He doesn’t say when the 60 Minutes picture was from, nor does he acknowledge that the podcast in January was before they left. So at the times of the picture and the podcast, they were both part of the picture. He also doesn’t give any context to Schmidt’s statement, which most likely came as they were both leaving the organization. These are hardly “receipts” of anything and he loses credibility with me for this sad attempt.

This isnt much of a “gotcha” as it looks like the Lincoln Project discovered that Madrid knew something and didn’t tell anyone (at least not early enough in the judgement of the rest of the group) and so they have parted ways.

I see you have at least churned over your horrible Twitter feed, SFL. I guess you kinda had to, though, since the ones you were always quoting were wrong about literally everything.

You don’t need to beat around the bush by quoting so many tweets. Just say what you mean to say. If you think Mike Madrid was culpable, if he knew about the scandal before, then say so. But we will need to know what he knew exactly. Soliciting adults using your job is sleazy, but the involvement of a 14 year old takes it to a new level. Did he know about everything, or just some things?

So this Cawthorne guy doesn’t acknowledge that Madrid and Seslow have left the Lincoln Project, at least in these tweets. He doesn’t say when the 60 Minutes picture was from, nor does he acknowledge that the podcast in January was before they left. So at the times of the picture and the podcast, they were both part of the picture. He also doesn’t give any context to Schmidt’s statement, which most likely came as they were both leaving the organization. These are hardly “receipts” of anything and he loses credibility with me for this sad attempt.

This isnt much of a “gotcha” as it looks like the Lincoln Project discovered that Madrid knew something and didn’t tell anyone (at least not early enough in the judgement of the rest of the group) and so they have parted ways.
    I've never seen anyone on a message board complain as much as you do about the credibility or bias of the sources others post, but you rarely EVER point out what's inaccurate. I understand that's an easy way to dismiss things you don't like or disagree with, but I'm still surprised at how often you do it.

What makes it very ironic that you post things from Andrew Wiseman, Emptywheel, multiple former Obama administration officials who swore the Steele Dossier was all verified who have shown to be discredited while you constantly complain about other's sources. The difference is that I pointed out what was untrue about what they posted while you avoid doing that.

Considering the how much you seem to be defending the Lincoln Project, you might want do read up on them because you seem to be missing a lot of the details relating to Weaver.

Here's a good article to start with:

From its founding, the Lincoln Project has been little more than a slickly produced grift aimed at parting gullible liberals from their money. Schmidt joined the operation after his previous political gravy train, the vanity presidential campaign of Starbucks founder Howard Schultz, dissolved like coffee grounds. The Lincoln Project’s “Super PAC” status allowed it to raise and spend unlimited amounts of money, and it amassed nearly $90 million in donations last year.

So where did the money go? According to the Associated Press, only a third went toward airing the Lincoln Project’s attention-grabbing television advertisements, which a post-election study found had little effect on swing voters in battleground states despite being extremely popular online. But the standard metric for gauging the effectiveness of a political action committee—persuading persuadable voters—doesn’t apply to the Lincoln Project. Its primary constituency was never middle-of-the-road voters but self-satisfied liberals, and its mission wasn’t defeating Donald Trump but motivating said liberals into writing checks. The group’s ads, distinguished for the way they matched Trump sophomoric insult for sophomoric insult, consistently went viral among people who needed the least convincing that the former president was a demagogue and a disgrace, the people, that is, most likely to donate to the Lincoln Project.

Of the remaining money, nearly all of it—$50 million—was deposited into the coffers of a handful of consulting firms owned by Lincoln Project founders. One of these men, a formerly little-known Florida GOP consultant named Rick Wilson, has since 2016 reveled in his role as Jeff Foxworthy for the #Resistance Wine Mom set, his persona as a cornpone trash-talker suffusing the group and its public profile. Before the Lincoln Project offered Wilson a shot at far vaster chicanery, he raised $65,000 in a GoFundMe campaign for a never-produced documentary based on his illuminating yet subtle work of political theory, Everything Trump Touches Dies. And in his earlier life, Wilson specialized in making the political attack ads that clog the nation’s airwaves every other November. The most infamous of these challenged the patriotism of Democratic Senator, Vietnam War veteran, and triple amputee Max Cleland—an ad that McCain denounced as “reprehensible.”

Dude, the actual post you replied to has two paragraphs pointing out what wasn’t accurate about the tweets you posted. Do you even read what was posted before you put up another wall of text?

And you’ve changed the subject. So, I’m really curious. You seem to spend a lot more time paying attention to and thinking about the Lincoln Project folks than anyone else on this site. Why is that?

I want to make a point in this thread. As a progressive that was very early on the Lincoln project hate, conservatives need to zip it. I have yet to see a single person on the right talk about Trump using his superpac to pay off his debt, or his own sordid sexual history. How is that any different then this scandal?

We know you don't actually care. This is just getting in some jabs at the "enemy". Oh, the same thing goes for Cuomo as well. I don't want to hear your opinion when you still won't say single negative word about how your God Emperor handled coronavirus.

I want to make a point in this thread. As a progressive that was very early on the Lincoln project hate, conservatives need to zip it. I have yet to see a single person on the right talk about Trump using his superpac to pay off his debt, or his own sordid sexual history. How is that any different then this scandal?

We know you don't actually care. This is just getting in some jabs at the "enemy". Oh, the same thing goes for Cuomo as well. I don't want to hear your opinion when you still won't say single negative word about how your God Emperor handled coronavirus.

I identify as a true conservative, non-Republican. I believe Trump has always grifted donors for his own financial gain and I have always been critical of Trump's predatory sexual history. I believe what we currently know of those things and the situations he has been accused of are just the tip of a large and sordid iceberg. Now you have seen someone on "the right" talk about those things. :grin:

To the topic, I believe the Lincoln Project should probably be disbanded.

I identify as a true conservative, non-Republican. I believe Trump has always grifted donors for his own financial gain and I have always been critical of Trump's predatory sexual history. I believe what we currently know of those things and the situations he has been accused of are just the tip of a large and sordid iceberg. Now you have seen someone on "the right" talk about those things. :grin:

Add me to that number. :hihi:

How dare you, Sir, to have scruples?

I’ve said it before, but I think the biggest issue with the Lincoln Project is they have effectively set themselves up as a multi million dollar troll operation. You can troll people for a lot less than that.

If they want to affect real change they need to focus on recruiting and funding sensible primary challengers to get rid of the Trumpist and QAnon types. I don’t know how much success they would have with that, but it is about the only thing that has a chance of causing any real change. Trolling people is just contributing to the decline in discourse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom