Should we see the removal of statues like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

TheRealTruth

Reaction score
    Recently CNN aired an interview where one of the guests suggested what is in the topic.

I agree with the removal of confederate statues around the country, but should this also be done for founding fathers?

https://indianaeconomicdigest.com/C...nurse-vandalized-in-New-Albany/-3/5307/100533

Shouldn't BLM at least try and educate it's group mobs to identify the 'boogey man statues' from actually good, historical monuments? The optics just look like they like destroying things.

Yes. Absolutely.

If education isn't part of it, then it becomes an exercise in stupidity.

One of my frustrations with academia is the lack of interplay and symbiosis between the abstract, theoretical and the real, practical.

It was a central point of my research throughout my time working and studying at the university. In fact, I used a quote from Paulo Friere's Pedagogy of Freedom to open my dissertation to illustrate this need of having both:

Critical reflection on practice is a requirement of the relationship between theory and practice. Otherwise theory becomes simply "blah, blah, blah," and practice, pure activism.

In other words, if you are simply thinking and not doing then you're just talking. And if you are only doing, without thinking, then you're just acting.

In this case, to topple a statue for the sake of toppling a statue, I would say it qualifies as an example of the second half of Friere's statement. It's an example of "practice, pure activism"

https://indianaeconomicdigest.com/C...nurse-vandalized-in-New-Albany/-3/5307/100533

Shouldn't BLM at least try and educate it's group mobs to identify the 'boogey man statues' from actually good, historical monuments? The optics just look like they like destroying things.

Good try!

Did you read it?

Footage says was one person on a bike. No mention of race so how exactly does BLM get blame here? I don't know about you but I can tend to identify black people in security footage a good bit of the time.

Sounds like a kid with paint tagging that could have been any race so spread the blame around brother!

Good try!

Did you read it?

Footage says was one person on a bike. No mention of race so how exactly does BLM get blame here? I don't know about you but I can tend to identify black people in security footage a good bit of the time.

Sounds like a kid with paint tagging that could have been any race so spread the blame around brother!

I didn't actually read the article. I was making a general point.

But what you've talked about here reminds me of the Frederick Douglass statue that was removed in Rochester. People began complaining about how ignorant blacks and BLM were in taking it down.

There was no evidence who did it, no suspects.

But in 2018, a couple of white dudes from the local university got drunk and removed one of them, while shouting racial epithets. Somehow, though, it couldn't be white people this time - it had to be BLM or black activists who were just looking for a statue, any statue to destroy or tear down.

I didn't actually read the article. I was making a general point.

But what you've talked about here reminds me of the Frederick Douglass statue that was removed in Rochester. People began complaining about how ignorant blacks and BLM were in taking it down.

There was no evidence who did it, no suspects.

But in 2018, a couple of white dudes from the local university got drunk and removed one of them, while shouting racial epithets. Somehow, though, it couldn't be white people this time - it had to be BLM or black activists who were just looking for a statue, any statue to destroy or tear down.

The whole point here is trying to tarnish a movement when it was a lone person with a can of paint on a bike that they were not able to identify race from video footage. Do you know what is much more logical in this scenario a white supremacists doing it rather than some BLM thing gone wrong. But that would just be logic. Oh and that is not hanging shirt on BLM.

I am just happy the kid was not huffing the paint.

First rule of thumb when you get a potentially got ya post look at source. If that passes the bullshirt test then read it.

Don't even play the game without reading it.

That was a pathetic attempt to discredit BLM.

The article says BLM was painted on it yet they have photos that don't show that at all.

Why would the sheriff say it was painted with “BLM”? It wasn’t any letters at all judging from the picture in the article. Makes me wonder if the sheriff was misquoted. I wonder if Farb saw that picture, or just forwarded it from another source?

Heres a local story from the tv station.

Far more likely this was someone mad at BLM, than it was someone from BLM, IMO. What do you think, Farb?

This is part of the thread I linked earlier from popehat. It’s a good read in general on First Amendment but this part has to do with cancel culture a bit. Or rather how the right is wielding cancel culture like a cudgel to bash the left, while doing the exact same thing. Sorry for the language in advance.

2A37BA8A-6C4C-4AA2-AF37-BC2A2B1B6317.jpeg

1594761487591.png
    @SaintForLife, you wowed this post, but you still didn’t answer the question.
    Saying you’re voting libertarian does not necessarily rule out voting for Trump.

So, are you voting for Trump or not?

1594761487591.png
    @SaintForLife, you wowed this post, but you still didn’t answer the question.
    Saying you’re voting libertarian does not necessarily rule out voting for Trump.

So, are you voting for Trump or not?
    I'm not a Democrat so I'm only allowed to vote once ;)
    Can you explain to me how I would vote for Trump if I said I'm voting for the libertarian candidate

I'm not a Democrat so I'm only allowed to vote once ;)
    Can you explain to me how I would vote for Trump if I said I'm voting for the libertarian candidate
    You didn’t say you were voting for the libertarian candidate.

You said you were “voting libertarian.”

I can assure you there are plenty out there who think the most “libertarian” candidate is Trump, even if he’s not the libertarian nominee.

If you’re voting for the libertarian nominee, then that’s pretty surprising, honestly.

The libertarian party has been a total sham since they dragged Bob Barr out of the dungeon to run.

I liked the part about the confederate soldiers being killed, wounded and imprisoned. I need more of that right now. Maybe How they got killed in great detail would be even better. If only the Union wouldn’t have been kind and burned the south completely this woman would have never even existed. So close, but again ignorance finds a way.

Seriously if I was related to a traitor I would change my name and never speak of it again. You think Benedict Arnold’s family is proud of that traitor?

We need more stories about good Apple pie American Soldiers offing loser traitors. We should replace that traitor statue with one of good Americans bayoneting, etc the traitors while they cower in the ground like the losers they are.

That is first level display of national unity. Good stuff. Projects a lot of hope for our nation.

Last edited:
    But those soldiers weren’t part of our country. Literally the Ultra anti-Americans.

I hold no ill will toward the modern south- I love it actually. But I just don’t understand trying to canonize those who tried to tear our nation apart at the seams.

Are other posters undermining your efforts in working to bring peace and harmony?
    That’s a shame
    Funny how you always show up to defend the most radical left positions with your quick one hitters. Thanks for not piling on.
    And to answer your question, I dont know? There are only like 4 of is left who post on here so I guess you need to ask that to your tribe.

But those soldiers weren’t part of our country. Literally the Ultra anti-Americans.

I hold no ill will toward the modern south- I love it actually. But I just don’t understand trying to canonize those who tried to tear our nation apart at the seams.
    Lmao. Yeah. No I'll will? I could tell. Your whole post was like a child venting his frustration. I am sure I have done it as well, and I am beyond nauseous thinking of how I looked to others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom