SHOULD Biden run for a 2nd term? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Biden has lost support from many people who voted for him in the past.
    He is getting up there in age.
    Here are a couple of sites I'd like to share...
    WHAT DO ANY OF YOU THINK?
    IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

IS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY BEST SERVED BY HAVING PRESIDENT BIDEN RUN FOR ANOTHER TERM OR WOULD A DIFFERENT CANDIDATE BE BETTER? :unsure:

People don't know what they've got. Biden is reliable, able to forge bridges in difficult times - a stateman in the true sense of the word. No he does not have the Charisma of Obama or the anger and division which seems to be Trumps modus operantus, but Biden is perfect for this time when dictators and despots thrive on division and hate.

Biden can talk to people and with his quiet confidence and knowledge after a lifetime in politics as well as his personal experience of loss, he comes across as a genuinely decent person who stand by his word. The last part is essential if you have to create and maintain alliances of critical importance to the world and our future.

Is he the only answer - I dont know, but the worst thing that could happen to the US and the world IMHO would be if you elect another demagogue as your next president. The world is literally on the brink of disaster - both when it comes to peace or war, but even more importantly when it comes to our environment and the future or lack of same, we leave to our children.

People don't know what they've got. Biden is reliable, able to forge bridges in difficult times - a stateman in the true sense of the word. No he does not have the Charisma of Obama or the anger and division which seems to be Trumps modus operantus, but Biden is perfect for this time when dictators and despots thrive on division and hate.

Biden can talk to people and with his quiet confidence and knowledge after a lifetime in politics as well as his personal experience of loss, he comes across as a genuinely decent person who stand by his word. The last part is essential if you have to create and maintain alliances of critical importance to the world and our future.

Is he the only answer - I dont know, but the worst thing that could happen to the US and the world IMHO would be if you elect another demagogue as your next president. The world is literally on the brink of disaster - both when it comes to peace or war, but even more importantly when it comes to our environment and the future or lack of same, we leave to our children.

I agree. When I see polls like the one below, I wonder who exactly are these independents and what is it they really want? If what they want is solid, competent leadership for America, then why aren't they able to recognize it when they have it? Why do they keep switching between Democrats and Republican's when for the last 30 years Republicans have done nothing but screw government up? They have no real vision for what our country should be going forward and are determined to have our country consumed with social strife.

Just objectively speaking Biden's first 2 years in office have been some of the most consequential of just about any president in modern history. I'd hate to see where our country would be at if TFG was still in charge.

1675708324289.png

Last edited:
    If elected to a second term, Biden would be 82 years old on Inauguration Day.
    IF (for example) the reader of this thread feels he has done well thus far, I'd credit his staff more than the President himself.
    .....and...What if there is a major crisis and an all nighter is required?....and clear decisive thinking is needed? I do not currently have confidence in Mr. Biden. As time passes my concerns will only increase.
    I am not comfortable with this President.
    I'm not.

I don't know that an 82 year old is perfect for these times. First, it presents an issue with who'd be his running mate, because the running mate would have to be a viable candidate for president as well, since there would be a very real possibility that Biden could die in office, and Kamala Harris ain't it. Harris would have to bow out as graciously as possible and stay away.

And in that case, may as well run the vice-president candidate as a candidate for president.

Who? Up for debate. Everyone in the DNC seems to be excited about Hakeem Jeffries. Pete Buttigieg could be an option, but I don't know that the U.S. is ready to elect a gay man as president... whoever it is, I hope the stay away from guns and abortion until after elections ("it's settled law" worked really well for the GOP) and tone it down on the gender stuff.

I don't know that an 82 year old is perfect for these times. First, it presents an issue with who'd be his running mate, because the running mate would have to be a viable candidate for president as well, since there would be a very real possibility that Biden could die in office, and Kamala Harris ain't it. Harris would have to bow out as graciously as possible and stay away.

And in that case, may as well run the vice-president candidate as a candidate for president.

Who? Up for debate. Everyone in the DNC seems to be excited about Hakeem Jeffries. Pete Buttigieg could be an option, but I don't know that the U.S. is ready to elect a gay man as president... whoever it is, I hope the stay away from guns and abortion until after elections ("it's settled law" worked really well for the GOP) and tone it down on the gender stuff.

I think @Dragon was referring to this presidential cycle in regards to Biden being perfect for these times, at least that's how I took it. Of all the people that ran for president in the last election, I have a hard time believing that any of them could have accomplished everything Biden has in his first two years.

For the next election, I think you make some good points. I'm hoping for his own sake that Biden decides to not run, he's given enough to the country. But I don't see anybody challenging him in the primary if he decides to run. If he runs again, I'll easily vote for an 82 year old Biden over whoever the Republicans decide to put up in Trump or DeSantis.

Last edited:
    Yes, I agree with coldseat. It would be okay if Biden decides not to run, but if he does run I will vote for him. At least as of today, lol. He’s in great shape - from what I can tell. He rides bikes, he seems trim and fit. After all we spent the last four years with an addled out-of-shape lunatic.

Yes, I agree with coldseat. It would be okay if Biden decides not to run, but if he does run I will vote for him. At least as of today, lol. He’s in great shape - from what I can tell. He rides bikes, he seems trim and fit. After all we spent the last four years with an addled out-of-shape lunatic.
    I really think Biden doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. It is hard to govern and pass legislation without at least 60 Senate seats, but he's done it. I doubt the accuracy of those polls.

I think he was the right man for the job, and today I'm still very comfortable with him in office. However, the reality is that he is at a very advanced age for the job. It is a high stress job for anyone, much less someone in their eighties. Once you get into your eighties, it is very easy to start declining quickly, and if our president started to suddenly decline, particularly mentally, it would be destabilizing for the entire world. It was a risk to elect Biden to his first term, much less another term. While he is in good shape, I do think he shows his age. He hasn't shown a major decline, but I think there has been a little, particularly when you compare him to what he was like 10 years ago. Heck, Hillary would be a better option. Despite her age, she seems as sharp as ever.

Being a congress person is much less stressful. Too bad we don't have the parlimentary system like England where he could return to congress. Although England's elections of prime ministers has been stupid lately, I do like that element of it. Biden has served very well, and he would serve the country best by allowing a younger Democrat to lead the party.

Should he run again? it's a hard "NO".

So what? That doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not he was the right choice in 2020.

Biden got elected because Donald Trump is garbage. He will always be garbage, and people who still support him, even the ones who pretend they don't, are garbage.

To me, the real dilemma is if Biden decides not to run. I don't see anyone in the party on the forefront just yet. Jefferies isn't ready yet. He's Obama lite. As much as I loved Kamala prior to the 2020 campaign, she's not it. You think HRC was unelectable? Harris might be worst. I like Mayor Pete, but the unfortunate fact remains that there are still bigots in this country that will never vote for a homosexual, just like they would never vote for a POC or a woman (cuz I wouldn't mind seeing Whitmer run). Roy Cooper might be an option - a Democratic governor in a red/purple state might make waves.

Hell, if Louisiana wasn't such a piss-poor state, I would throw JBE out there.

It’s hard for me not to wonder if Beau Biden hadn’t died in 2015 and Joe Biden had run/won in 2016, where would we be as a country with Biden in a second term and Trump never occurring. That’s an alternative history I’d love to see.

That being said, I would be concerned about his age if he ran again.

To me, the real dilemma is if Biden decides not to run. I don't see anyone in the party on the forefront just yet. Jefferies isn't ready yet. He's Obama lite. As much as I loved Kamala prior to the 2020 campaign, she's not it. You think HRC was unelectable? Harris might be worst. I like Mayor Pete, but the unfortunate fact remains that there are still bigots in this country that will never vote for a homosexual, just like they would never vote for a POC or a woman (cuz I wouldn't mind seeing Whitmer run). Roy Cooper might be an option - a Democratic governor in a red/purple state might make waves.

Hell, if Louisiana wasn't such a piss-poor state, I would throw JBE out there.
    If for any reason Biden doesn't run, Whitmer is someone who should receive strong consideration.

It’s hard for me not to wonder if Beau Biden hadn’t died in 2015 and Joe Biden had run/won in 2016, where would we be as a country with Biden in a second term and Trump never occurring. That’s an alternative history I’d love to see.

That being said, I would be concerned about his age if he ran again.

Amazon would like a word in private w. you

seeing as though The Man in the High Castle was such a hit.

If Trump is the Republican nominee all concerns about Biden's age would be moot.

The biggest reason for him to run is incumbent advantage. Trump, Bush, and Carter are the only incumbents to lose in 50 years. Carter being the only Democrat, and losing in an environment of economic woe's. If the economy doesn't go into a recession, Biden should be extremely hard to beat.

The biggest reason for him to NOT run is his age. He could simply die in office. Also, age related cognitive decline is apparent when he speaks.

As a progressive I have no issues with Biden. He enacted policies far to the left of Obama, and has been far more pro-labor.

P.S. There is an obvious correlation you could infer from Biden's more progressive policies vs Obama's, and their midterm results. Then I remember Obama only had issues because of racist, and not that he campaigned as Bernie Sanders lite, and governed like a Reagan Republican.

If Trump is the Republican nominee all concerns about Biden's age would be moot.

The biggest reason for him to run is incumbent advantage. Trump, Bush, and Carter are the only incumbents to lose in 50 years. Carter being the only Democrat, and losing in an environment of economic woe's. If the economy doesn't go into a recession, Biden should be extremely hard to beat.

The biggest reason for him to NOT run is his age. He could simply die in office. Also, age related cognitive decline is apparent when he speaks.

As a progressive I have no issues with Biden. He enacted policies far to the left of Obama, and has been far more pro-labor.

P.S. There is an obvious correlation you could infer from Biden's more progressive policies vs Obama's, and their midterm results. Then I remember Obama only had issues because of racist, and not that he campaigned as Bernie Sanders lite, and governed like a Reagan Republican.
    First sentence is so very true.
    2024 should not be Trump or Biden.
    Please.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom