Russian attitudes taking hold in US (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

So what's the official name of North Korea?

That has nothing to do with this conversation. You can red herring all you want but it won’t work. Let’s talk about the platform of the Communist party of the Soviet Union form 75-91.

Again your move.

That has nothing to do with this conversation. You can red herring all you want but it won’t work. Let’s talk about the platform of the Communist party of the Soviet Union form 75-91.

Again your move.
    It's absolutely pertinent.

So what's the official name of North Korea?

I’m not playing silly games. Address the topic at hand. If you and the other posters who called me ignorant are not willing to actually converse, well I will move on.

If you want to make a point about the name of North Korea having an impact on the beliefs of Putin and the communist party of the USSR, make your point. (And I hope it’s your point, not one copied and pasted from an article. I know I’m asking a lot from you)

I’m not playing silly games. Address the topic at hand. If you and the other posters who called me ignorant are not willing to actually converse, well I will move on.

If you want to make a point about the name of North Korea having an impact on the beliefs of Putin and the communist party of the USSR, make your point. (And I hope it’s your point, not one copied and pasted from an article. I know I’m asking a lot from you)
    Your little side tangent and disparaging nonsense had little to do with the topic, so spare me. You made an allegation, it is logically ridiculous. I suspect you know the answer and know where this is going, but you aren't getting off that easy. Your ref-working is admirable but considering you spent most of the thread throwing those disparaging, derailing remarks their way instead of sticking to the topic you now claim to hold dear, I question the success rate of the tactic.

...So whats the official name of North Korea?

No I was getting there.

So your argument is that the communist party of the Soviet Union did not actually have a communist platform?

I do think the position you guys are taking is rich and can’t wait for the debate. I have links at the ready.....Your move.

It blows my mind that any human being can not follow what has been clearly stated and explained. It's not that difficult. I just had my 13 yo read this thread and he was able to explain it to me very clearly. I'm going to try it one... more... time (I have no idea why).

Actually, I'm going to give my 13 yo the keyboard. I haven't said a word to him. I'm going to let him type what is in the thread:

1. Putin was a member of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union where it was the only party. This has been acknowledged repeatedly.
    2. Putin is no longer a member of the Communist Party and hasn't been for a long time.
    3. Putin is a member of United Russia
    4. The Communist Party is in opposition of United Russia but has a lot of seats in parliament.
    5. Putin is something called an autocrat
    6. He hasn't made Communist rules in Russia. He actually has done a lot of capitalist stuff.
    7. Something about Communism not being a system of government, or something like that.
    8. Tacos (my Dad said to put this).

This is me again. There, thirteen years old with a brain tumor and learning disability and he can read through the thread and lay it out perfectly. It's pretty straight forward.

Comparing Trump to Putin is comparing a wanna-be autocrat to an autocrat dictator. Communism has nothing to do with it. If we hadn't devolved into the Communist silliness we could have a productive discussion on the subject. I actually disagree that he is like Putin. Trump is like Trump. He's been this way his entire life. He's not imitating Putin, he's imitating a spoiled petulant narcissistic rich kid on the lower end of the IQ scale. Well, not imitating one, he's being one.

The thing is we couldn't have that discussion because by post 11 people were throwing out TDS and other ridiculous nonsense that wasn't pertinent in any way beyond being Trump Groupies that can't stand to see Dear Leader questioned.

Now I'm going to go get my son some ice cream from being able to comprehend simple facts better than some grown-arse men. It's not that I'm proud of him because it wasn't hard. Anyone should have been able to do it.

As I said a couple days ago. I will bookmark this for future argument. The left never disappoints with the use of mental gymnastics. (Nice tactic using your child to attempt to make a point, real classy)

The retorts by some of you remind me of trump with a sharpie.

It blows my mind that any human being can not follow what has been clearly stated and explained. It's not that difficult. I just had my 13 yo read this thread and he was able to explain it to me very clearly. I'm going to try it one... more... time (I have no idea why).

Actually, I'm going to give my 13 yo the keyboard. I haven't said a word to him. I'm going to let him type what is in the thread:

This is me again. There, thirteen years old with a brain tumor and learning disability and he can read through the thread and lay it out perfectly. It's pretty straight forward.

Comparing Trump to Putin is comparing a wanna-be autocrat to an autocrat dictator. Communism has nothing to do with it. If we hadn't devolved into the Communist silliness we could have a productive discussion on the subject. I actually disagree that he is like Putin. Trump is like Trump. He's been this way his entire life. He's not imitating Putin, he's imitating a spoiled petulant narcissistic rich kid on the lower end of the IQ scale. Well, not imitating one, he's being one.

The thing is we couldn't have that discussion because by post 11 people were throwing out TDS and other ridiculous nonsense that wasn't pertinent in any way beyond being Trump Groupies that can't stand to see Dear Leader questioned.

Now I'm going to go get my son some ice cream from being able to comprehend simple facts better than some grown-arse men. It's not that I'm proud of him because it wasn't hard. Anyone should have been able to do it.

Thanos thinks you should probably stop posting for a while until you can control your emotions from overflowing on a keyboard.

Hey, the top paid actor in the world (The Rock, Dwayne Johnson) spent a decade-plus referring to himself in the third person. It seems to have worked :) .

The idea that Russians view everything as a joke and nothing matters is ridiculous on its face.

This happened yesterday.

TDS much?

If anything, Trump is reading from the Democrat playbook.
    This is kind of amusing. You are demonstrating mt15's OP point, about the tactic of trying to turn the bad behavior on the side making accusations.

This is kind of amusing. You are demonstrating mt15's OP point, about the tactic of trying to turn the bad behavior on the side making accusations.

By pointing out that the entire premise of the thread is in error?

The attitudes described are not remotely Russian in character.

Slow down. I was only interpreting what he said and responded to you.

Yes, I think the left is hyperbolic when it comes to trump. I think comparing the way our country is run by Donald trump (though I think he is a blow hard) is no comparison to the way Putin runs Russia.

I don’t need an article to support that.

My overall point was that you were calling to see “his work.” This is not a college course, this is an internet forum. If OP doesn’t want to be challenged on the PREMISE of her opinion, post it in the safe place.
    Isn't it fair to challenge what someone thinks? Maybe your viewpoint about hyperbole is correct and maybe it isnt. I'd think seeking out more objective truth would be an important endeavor. It is ok to challenge our own assertions.

Regarding mt15. Are you challenging her recollection of what she heard an expert say? Or something else? Her OP was mostly a recollection of someone else's statement, going off memory. Am I wrong?

I don’t know about TDS but I do know that there are some people that absolutely hate Trump and nothing will ever change their mind. I think it’s fair to say knowing the OP’s posting history that Trump could cure cancer and there would be an issue with it. I think the posters on here have a right to ask MT15 to do Homework just as much as the other people are asked. This is a forum full of opinions whether it’s mine or someone else’s that I heard and agree with. With that said in theOPs original post she said she SAW it on a talk show then on page 3 she LISTENED to it on the radio in her car. So which is it? Also it’s very important to the conversation to know what show you saw/listened to it on. Knowing the the posters history and the fact that it’s comparing Trump to Putin I can only assume it on a left wing show. If it’s MSNBC or something like that then maybe some of the right leaning posters wouldn’t have even commented, if it was on a somewhat neutral program then maybe it’s worth discussing. Also who said it is very important. Was it a left wing possibly Yale professor that hates Trump and has done nothing but go on left wing talk shows and bash the President or is it a right leaning even moderate professor whom is doing this for something other than a progressive agenda. What the OP did was put up a thread of someone’s opinion With zero info to back it up. If you saw it what channel were you watching if you don’t remember then what channels do you normally watch? What news shows? If you listened to it then what stations do you typically listen to in your car for news. That type of info will at least give us an idea if it’s even worth arguing.
    but for other posters to sit here and challenge people who disagree about never having done homework because they have a different opinion is disingenuous and hypocritical. This is exactly how it was on the other board and why it will ruin this one and make it one sided. Some of these posters left the other board a long time ago and are here to give this one a try. Let’s try and curb the attacks or knowingly attack someone and then say you will just wait for the reprimand. Let’s try and be more civilized than the the current political climate in DC.
    Curbing attacks and snotty behavior is a two way street.

I don't know how you do homework on relaying a show you heard. Usually, I hope to find the story later to share or that someone else listened and can fill in the gaps.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom