Republicans (or former Rs) against Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This is gaining momentum, pretty fast, it might be good to keep track of this movement.

This thread is from a thoughtful conservative that I follow on Twitter, and I generally enjoy seeing his takes:

Its a whole thread, so you will have to click on it to see the rest of his posts. I don’t know how to post the entire thread.

I'm of the opinion of not caring whatsoever which Republicans defect on Trump. If it took this long for some of them to "come around", I certainly won't celebrate their change of heart because of public outlook.

The issues the GOP is dead set on, like chipping away incessantly on women's rights, destroying the environment as collateral for insatiable corporate appetite, militarizing police, continuing to fight for privatizing the economy and against healthcare for all people etc are some of the reasons this isn't just a Trump thing. It will continue long after he loses in November. Liberals should remember that. I don't advocate fighting dirty, but this idea that bipartisanship will get us to where we want to be is a joke imo.
    And if liberals can’t remember any of these, just remember one name, Merrick Garland.

If Trump loses and if/when the SDNY files charges and even more information comes out I expect more Republicans to follow Sasse’s lead and say how they always knew how awful Trump was, how terrible Trump was and it’s good America decided that someone like that should never be president

And it will be just as disingenuous and self serving as anything Trump has ever said
    Sasse, along with several other 'mainstream' Republicans were never actually Trump supporters but quietly accepted the dregs of the Tea Party as part of their voting block. Nebraska is in no danger of turning blue so it's safe for Sasse to distance himself from Trump. However, in closer states (like Texas or Wisconsin) I wouldn't expect to see much of a retreat from Trump even after he is gone. Millions of voters will still treat the guy as if he is their messiah.

If Trump loses and if/when the SDNY files charges and even more information comes out I expect more Republicans to follow Sasse’s lead and say how they always knew how awful Trump was, how terrible Trump was and it’s good America decided that someone like that should never be president

And it will be just as disingenuous and self serving as anything Trump has ever said
    It's all about gauging which way the winds of re-election blow, and in this case they're blowing squarely in Trump's face. Rep Senators who above all else want to keep that cash cow flowing wait until they're sure Trump is going to get canned, and then bail out on him.

If they had a shred of decency they'd have bailed 4 years ago. The only one with any morals was John McCain.

I was going to say I was surprised Kasowitz wrote the letter but again I remind myself -- much like the money the GOP wastes in buying air time for commercials in D.C. -- this is intended for an audience of one. Ivanka and Jared are high level government officials, criticism of them is fair game and the legality of it is beyond question. Kasowitz knows this but Trump obviously ordered him to do something after Ivanka came crying to her daddy.

711D2F50-5960-47C7-93C1-32225280F3E3.jpeg

I’ll start.. mine is:

Pacino Power

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom