QAnon (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    This organisation and its reach is seriously scary. When the head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union openly shows his support of this "organisation" then something is seriously wrong!

The head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union gave a television interview Friday afternoon while sitting in front of a mug emblazoned with QAnon imagery and slogans.

The mug behind Mullins featured the word "QANON" and the hashtag #WWG1WGA, which stands for "where we go one, we go all," a popular slogan among QAnon supporters. At the center of the mug was a large letter Q, which refers to a supposed government insider who, according to QAnon supporters, posts cryptic clues on the Internet about the "deep state."

More than a year ago, the FBI reportedly assessed that QAnon was a dangerous movement that was likely to inspire its most extreme members to commit violent acts of domestic terrorism.

In recent weeks, QAnon supporters have been posting videos of themselves reciting an oath and repeating the "where we go one, we go all" catchphrase that is seen on the mug. They say they are preparing "digital soldiers" for an apocalyptic reckoning, when thousands of "deep state" pedophiles will be arrested and prosecuted at military courts at Guantanamo Bay.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/head-nypd-union-qanon-mug/index.html

Q moving away from political conspiracies and going back to normal crazy conspiracies like the moon landing, and magic healing beds
    =====================================================================================

In a popular QAnon chat group, a woman named Julie was selling hope and a $22,000 cancer treatment.

For “those interested in medbeds,” she wrote in a 36,000-member QAnon group on the chat platform Telegram, “FYI My husband uses a #medbed generator and 4 tesla biohealers for his stage 3 inoperable and aggressive salivary gland tumor. THIS technology is very supportive!”

The message might have sounded like gibberish to outside readers. But in this corner of the internet, where conspiracy theories and alternative health practices run wild, it suggested something barely short of a miracle: the arrival of a much-hyped device that followers think could treat aggressive cancer.

An increasingly popular conspiracy theory falsely centers around the existence of “med beds,” a fabled medical instrument that does everything from reversing aging to regrowing missing limbs. The theory has grown in popularity among followers of far-right movements like QAnon, some of whom claim to be urgently awaiting a med bed to treat severe health conditions..........

smh

Wow. I don't even know what to say
    ========================

Followers of a QAnon influencer who's convinced some Canadians she’s the true Queen of Canada are saying their utilities are being cut off because they were told by their sovereign that they no longer had to pay bills.

One woman has repeatedly told her fellow QAnon Queen followers she’s “stopped paying hydro, water, natural gas, property taxes, line of credit, and my credit cards.” She pushes hard on her fellow true believers to join her in not paying their bills and chastising those who continue to pay.

“The more who do it, the quicker we can be free of enslavement,” she wrote on one of the group’s Telegram channels. “Those still living in fear are making it harder to get out. Don’t be afraid, because we’re in this together.”

Many, many others have posted that they, too, have stopped paying their bills after hearing that Romana Didulo—a QAnon influencer who has them convinced she’s running Canada behind the scenes—made a decree that electricity is free. Several have posted their power has been shut off or that they were on the verge of having it shut off and relented to finally paying.

"Dear (Queen Romana), when will the service companies stop shutting off our services for nonpayment?" one follower asked Didulo recently. "I just had my water supply shut off today in Stratford, Ontario."...........

Didulo has issued several “royal decrees” on her Telegram page, some regarding utility bills.

The critical ones are “Decree 24,” claiming that electricity is now free in Canada; “Decree 15,” which abolishes income tax; and “Decree 23,” which makes water bills illegal. Another decree, number 79, reverts the price of rent, housing, and propane back to 1955 levels. Other decrees issued by Didulo are that critical race theory is illegal in Canada (this was her very first decree, in fact) and that the age of consent was changed to 24—which sparked an outcry from her followers.

The bill-payment claims are causing direct harm to her followers, with many saying in their group chat that they've racked up thousands of dollars of bills.

Many of Didulo's followers are vulnerable people, including seniors on fixed incomes, who could face steep consequences for these decisions. A page created by Didulo which allows her followers to ask her questions is filled with questions about bill payments.............

Anti-Bird Flu now
    ===============
    Brad Moline, a fourth-generation Iowa turkey farmer, saw this happen before. In 2015, a virulent avian flu outbreak nearly wiped out his flock.

Barns once filled with chattering birds were suddenly silent. Employees were anguished by having to kill sickened animals. The family business, started in 1924, was at serious risk.

His business recovered, but now the virus is back, again imperiling the nation's poultry farms. And this time, there's another pernicious force at work: a potent wave of misinformation that claims the bird flu isn't real.

“You just want to beat your head against the wall,” Moline said of the Facebook groups in which people insist the flu is fake or, maybe, a bioweapon. “I understand the frustration with how COVID was handled. I understand the lack of trust in the media today. I get it. But this is real."

While it poses little risk to humans, the global outbreak has led farmers to cull millions of birds and threatens to add to already rising food prices.

It's also spawning fantastical claims similar to the ones that arose during the COVID-19 pandemic, underscoring how conspiracy theories often emerge at times of uncertainty, and how the internet and a deepening distrust of science and institutions fuel their spread.

The claims can be found on obscure online message boards and major platforms like Twitter. Some versions claim the flu is fake, a hoax being used to justify reducing the supply of birds in an effort to drive up food prices, either to wreck the global economy or force people into vegetarianism.

“There is no ‘bird flu’ outbreak," wrote one man on Reddit. “It’s just Covid for chickens."

Other posters insist the flu is real, but that it was genetically engineered as a weapon, possibly intended to touch off a new round of COVID-style lockdowns. A version of the story popular in India posits that 5G cell towers are somehow to blame for the virus.

As evidence, many of those claiming that the flu is fake note that animal health authorities monitoring the outbreak are using some of the same technology used to test for COVID-19.

“They’re testing the animals for bird flu with PCR tests. That should give you a clue as to what’s going on,” wrote one Twitter user, in a post that’s been liked and retweeted thousands of times.

In truth, PCR tests have been used routinely in medicine, biology and even law enforcement for decades; their creator won a Nobel Prize in 1993.............

I have many questions, but the main one is - who is paying for those signs? Those look expensive to me, do these people even have jobs? Who is funding them?

I always know that no matter how many dumb things my kids do, there are QAnon people out there that are 10x dumber. Goodness these people are just morons...lol.. They are the perfect exapmple of no matter how smart someone seems at surface level, they can be ignorant to Nth degree.

Sometimes ignorance and stupidity converge, that is how you get Q anon.

I think it is more than that, it’s that concept of “faith”, one of the more dangerous concepts on the earth….Wanting to believe in something so badly that folks abandon rational thought and critical thinking….but I agree the less intelligent are much more prone to this type of brainwashing….

I think it is more than that, it’s that concept of “faith”, one of the more dangerous concepts on the earth….Wanting to believe in something so badly that folks abandon rational thought and critical thinking….but I agree the less intelligent are much more prone to this type of brainwashing….

Yea, but i don't think faith is a bad thing by itself.

Faith is a tool, sometimes people need to believe in something to accomplish big things.

Faith is like a gun, it can be used against evil or for evil.

Yea, but i don't think faith is a bad thing by itself.

Faith is a tool, sometimes people need to believe in something to accomplish big things.

Faith is like a gun, it can be used against evil or for evil.

Agreed to some extent but at it’s core I think it has done more harm than good….

As Chris Rock, the 13th Apostle, said (paraphrasing) in Dogma-

“Don’t believe. Have a good idea. Ideas are just that. Ideas. But beliefs people will die for. And kill for.”

Depends on how you define faith. True faith isn't blind and also isn't oblivious to truth.
    Well...the literal definition of faith is "belief that is not based on truth." So true faith is both blind and completely oblivious to truth. That doesn't mean a faith based claim is necessarily untrue, but that its truthfulness is necessarily coincidental to the belief in the claim, i.e., the claim is believed regardless of whether it's true.

If you're basing something on more than faith (i.e. past experience), then you're no longer making a faith based claim, but an evidence based claim.

1655159488743.png

1655159541788.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom