QAnon (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    This organisation and its reach is seriously scary. When the head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union openly shows his support of this "organisation" then something is seriously wrong!

The head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union gave a television interview Friday afternoon while sitting in front of a mug emblazoned with QAnon imagery and slogans.

The mug behind Mullins featured the word "QANON" and the hashtag #WWG1WGA, which stands for "where we go one, we go all," a popular slogan among QAnon supporters. At the center of the mug was a large letter Q, which refers to a supposed government insider who, according to QAnon supporters, posts cryptic clues on the Internet about the "deep state."

More than a year ago, the FBI reportedly assessed that QAnon was a dangerous movement that was likely to inspire its most extreme members to commit violent acts of domestic terrorism.

In recent weeks, QAnon supporters have been posting videos of themselves reciting an oath and repeating the "where we go one, we go all" catchphrase that is seen on the mug. They say they are preparing "digital soldiers" for an apocalyptic reckoning, when thousands of "deep state" pedophiles will be arrested and prosecuted at military courts at Guantanamo Bay.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/head-nypd-union-qanon-mug/index.html

I’m so sorry to hear that, Buddha. That’s a horrible disease. How long were you married?

My MIL, who had some problems anyway, became really weird after my FIL died. She had all the landscaping around their house pulled out because she thought men were hiding in the bushes and looking in her windows. She thought they were also trying to break in, and showed my husband “proof” of tampering with the windows. He said it looked like normal cracking of the weather stripping. I shudder to think how hard she would have fallen for all the current conspiracy theories.

I’m so sorry to hear that, Buddha. That’s a horrible disease. How long were you married?

My MIL, who had some problems anyway, became really weird after my FIL died. She had all the landscaping around their house pulled out because she thought men were hiding in the bushes and looking in her windows. She thought they were also trying to break in, and showed my husband “proof” of tampering with the windows. He said it looked like normal cracking of the weather stripping. I shudder to think how hard she would have fallen for all the current conspiracy theories.
    We were married for 30 years.

Yea, right around the time the NYT bought it, it started poping up everywhere.

I'm sure that's just coincidental.
    I think the NYT buying it gave it the legitimacy of the Sunday NYT crossword puzzle. That's what it did in my eyes at least. Sure seems a little harder since the NYT bought it too.

I lost my wife to early-onset Alzheimers. Prior to that, I considered wailing to be something that only occurred in third world countries after some terrible loss of a child, etc. However, let me assure you that isn't the case. When I lost my wife I wailed and it wasn't a one time occurrence.
    We've all known loss.

I think the NYT buying it gave it the legitimacy of the Sunday NYT crossword puzzle. That's what it did in my eyes at least. Sure seems a little harder since the NYT bought it too.
    Yea, i'm just a little suspicious that all of the sudden we see "news" stories about wordle after a news company bought the app.

You did the equivalent of saying "all lives matter" after someone else said "black lives matter."
    No, not at all, but I'm glad to see someone here sees the former as something no one should do in response to the latter, which we do institutionally as a nation. In fact, knowing that type of loss may be the only thing we americans have left in common at this juncture. So, ask next before you assume. It's a chat board, not a face-to-face interaction where I or the state has caused anyone harm like our militarized police and mass incarceration infrastrutcture do as a matter of course. I can get back to ya. Or him. Lotta folk going through a whole lotta shyte right now. So, you guys take care and watch your metaphors. We'll chat soon.

No, not at all, but I'm glad to see someone here sees the former as something no one should do in response to the latter, which we do institutionally as a nation. In fact, knowing that type of loss may be the only thing we americans have left in common at this juncture. So, ask next before you assume. It's a chat board, not a face-to-face interaction where I or the state has caused anyone harm like our militarized police and mass incarceration infrastrutcture do as a matter of course. I can get back to ya. Or him. Lotta folk going through a whole lotta shyte right now. So, you guys take care and watch your metaphors. We'll chat soon.

:LOL:

Look at your post above, number 805, once again you're doing the equivalent of saying "all lives matter" after someone else said "black lives matter."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom