QAnon (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    This organisation and its reach is seriously scary. When the head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union openly shows his support of this "organisation" then something is seriously wrong!

The head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union gave a television interview Friday afternoon while sitting in front of a mug emblazoned with QAnon imagery and slogans.

The mug behind Mullins featured the word "QANON" and the hashtag #WWG1WGA, which stands for "where we go one, we go all," a popular slogan among QAnon supporters. At the center of the mug was a large letter Q, which refers to a supposed government insider who, according to QAnon supporters, posts cryptic clues on the Internet about the "deep state."

More than a year ago, the FBI reportedly assessed that QAnon was a dangerous movement that was likely to inspire its most extreme members to commit violent acts of domestic terrorism.

In recent weeks, QAnon supporters have been posting videos of themselves reciting an oath and repeating the "where we go one, we go all" catchphrase that is seen on the mug. They say they are preparing "digital soldiers" for an apocalyptic reckoning, when thousands of "deep state" pedophiles will be arrested and prosecuted at military courts at Guantanamo Bay.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/head-nypd-union-qanon-mug/index.html

I doubt I actually need to watch that to lose faith in a good portion of humanity, just existing in today's world provides enough for that. But, on the whole, I honestly do believe there are more of us who are good people in the human race and that, in American politics especially, there are just so many more of the vocal minority being given oxygen by corporate owned media interests that don't care about anything but the bottom line...the dollar sign, that the rest of us are drowned out unless given extraordinary circumstances where we can't be ignored. We're still in the fight of our lives in the US and will be for the next decade. I just hope that most of us realize this and don't slip back into complacency when it comes to speaking up, speaking out and ultimately doing so in the voting booth come 2022 and 2024 and beyond.

Yeah, it's like politics is where the crazies go make themselves heard.

Yeah, it's like politics is where the crazies go make themselves heard.
    I remember being like 13 years old and my older sister (15 at the time) had a shirt that said "Newt Happens When You Don't Vote" and I really think he was the beginning of the crazies in power who the poor victimized white people in this country have looked to for their keys as to how to think and feel that spawned the Tea Party and now Trumpism. It's pathetic that in 2021 it's possible for 35% of the country can become the majority party, and is becoming even more possible with every passing day with the laws state legislators are passing to prevent the enormous turnout that booted Trump from office in 2020. They know good and damn well that there is no way they can retain power if urban and suburban peoples' votes count as much as those in rural areas. They don't even pretend like that's not what they're doing. They are on record saying that they can't win if everyone who can vote votes.

Crazy enough that I think belongs here

From its beginning, the church wholeheartedly embraced former President Donald Trump and incorporated Trumpian culture war and conspiracies into its rhetoric. Moon told VICE News in late 2019 that he believed God was working through Trump to rid the world of “political satanism” (for example, the “deep state” and “the swamp”) and restore Eden. Through his gun-centric, MAGA-friendly outlook, Moon has been able to establish some fringe political alliances. Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon spoke at a recent event hosted by the church. Pennsylvania state senator and “Stop the Steal” organizer Doug Mastriano was also recently billed as a special guest at another church event.

Crazy enough that I think belongs here

From its beginning, the church wholeheartedly embraced former President Donald Trump and incorporated Trumpian culture war and conspiracies into its rhetoric. Moon told VICE News in late 2019 that he believed God was working through Trump to rid the world of “political satanism” (for example, the “deep state” and “the swamp”) and restore Eden. Through his gun-centric, MAGA-friendly outlook, Moon has been able to establish some fringe political alliances. Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon spoke at a recent event hosted by the church. Pennsylvania state senator and “Stop the Steal” organizer Doug Mastriano was also recently billed as a special guest at another church event.
    Oh, wonderful. Armed loons in their own “compound.” What could possibly go wrong? As for Bannon? He needs serious hospitalization. Same with the “Stop the Steal” whack job.

Bannon needs prison. I hope what I read was right that he could be facing state charges for his wall scam.

Also evidently Michael Flynn told a crowd at a Q rally today that the US should have a military coup like the one in Myanmar. Not that it’s possible, but that it should happen. In other words, it would be a good thing. 😳 Saw it on Twitter from folks who were there reporting.

Bannon needs prison. I hope what I read was right that he could be facing state charges for his wall scam.

Also evidently Michael Flynn told a crowd at a Q rally today that the US should have a military coup like the one in Myanmar. Not that it’s possible, but that it should happen. In other words, it would be a good thing. 😳 Saw it on Twitter from folks who were there reporting.
    Recall Flynn’s arse and court-martial him.

I remember being like 13 years old and my older sister (15 at the time) had a shirt that said "Newt Happens When You Don't Vote" and I really think he was the beginning of the crazies in power who the poor victimized white people in this country have looked to for their keys as to how to think and feel that spawned the Tea Party and now Trumpism. It's pathetic that in 2021 it's possible for 35% of the country can become the majority party, and is becoming even more possible with every passing day with the laws state legislators are passing to prevent the enormous turnout that booted Trump from office in 2020. They know good and damn well that there is no way they can retain power if urban and suburban peoples' votes count as much as those in rural areas. They don't even pretend like that's not what they're doing. They are on record saying that they can't win if everyone who can vote votes.
    Yep I have to say newt and the invention of right wing talk radio like that junkie that just died is the reason we are where we are.

Definitely the beginning of owning the libs and refusing to work together

I get the sentiment, but I'm not sure they can recall someone for doing something after they've left the military. I could be wrong though.

I don't know what recall is but the Supreme Court has ruled that retirees and discharged ex-military that are still in the pay and benefit system are within court martial jurisdiction.

I get the sentiment, but I'm not sure they can recall someone for doing something after they've left the military. I could be wrong though.
    Retired military officers can be recalled to active duty. Flynn most certainly should be recalled to active duty and court-marshaled for his role in the insurrection.

can you court marshal someone that has been pardoned? I think both Flynn and Bannon both got a pardon, and I read recently Bannon's fraud charge got thrown out on ground of him being pardoned... so makes me think maybe Flynn is safe from being court marshaled

Retired military officers can be recalled to active duty. Flynn most certainly should be recalled to active duty and court-marshaled for his role in the insurrection.

Can they be recalled solely for the purpose of court-martialing them for something they did after completing their service? I wasn't aware that was a thing.

I don’t know about military justice, as far as if Flynn is in any jeopardy from a court martial or not. I do think what he said is protected speech, though, even though it is deeply un-American and dangerous.

I don’t know about military justice, as far as if Flynn is in any jeopardy from a court martial or not. I do think what he said is protected speech, though, even though it is deeply un-American and dangerous.

Yeah, ultimately, I don't think what he said will earn him a court martial. Saying something should happen is different than saying go out and do it. There's no justifying it, but it's still free speech.

Arguably, what Trump said was closer to inciting an insurrection than what Flynn said. Trump had a large crowd in close proximity to the Capitol and essentially told them to go to the Capitol and fight like hell to stop Congress from certifying the election. His followers happily obliged.

can you court marshal someone that has been pardoned? I think both Flynn and Bannon both got a pardon, and I read recently Bannon's fraud charge got thrown out on ground of him being pardoned... so makes me think maybe Flynn is safe from being court marshaled
    I would think the pardon does not cover what he said after the pardon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom