QAnon (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragon

Staff member
    Reaction score
    This organisation and its reach is seriously scary. When the head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union openly shows his support of this "organisation" then something is seriously wrong!

The head of the New York Police Department's second-largest police union gave a television interview Friday afternoon while sitting in front of a mug emblazoned with QAnon imagery and slogans.

The mug behind Mullins featured the word "QANON" and the hashtag #WWG1WGA, which stands for "where we go one, we go all," a popular slogan among QAnon supporters. At the center of the mug was a large letter Q, which refers to a supposed government insider who, according to QAnon supporters, posts cryptic clues on the Internet about the "deep state."

More than a year ago, the FBI reportedly assessed that QAnon was a dangerous movement that was likely to inspire its most extreme members to commit violent acts of domestic terrorism.

In recent weeks, QAnon supporters have been posting videos of themselves reciting an oath and repeating the "where we go one, we go all" catchphrase that is seen on the mug. They say they are preparing "digital soldiers" for an apocalyptic reckoning, when thousands of "deep state" pedophiles will be arrested and prosecuted at military courts at Guantanamo Bay.

https://us.cnn.com/2020/07/17/us/head-nypd-union-qanon-mug/index.html

It isn't a con, it's far too committed. IMO
    Chuck, what was it that Nietzsche said about "Convictions are often worser foes of truth than lies" about being blindly and irrationally committed to a cause, a party, a cult of personality that one leaves their reason, their intelligence, logical sensibilities and most importantly, their humanity, into figurative, collective trashcans.

Well, we have some very good, prime examples of that here.

I found this illustrative of the basic dynamic involved in conspiracy theorists.

I don't think I can't be that ignorant, I know I can't be that ignorant.

As for the doubling down, sure, unless I am shown proper evidence that I am wrong. I don't have an issue with saying "I stand corrected" when I am.

And sometimes, it does pay to be a skeptic .

Last edited:

I don't think I can't be that ignorant, I know I can't be that ignorant.

As for the doubling down, sure, unless I am shown proper evidence that I am wrong. I don't have an issue with saying "I stand corrected" when I am.

And sometimes, it does pay to be a skeptic .
    You're probably being sincere and honest when you say you probably never would or could conceive saying or believing in idiotic, irrational, stupid things as it relates to political or social issues. You've shown me to be very consistent in past discussions on other topics or issues like organized religion, God, or theological history or Biblical criticism dating back to centuries before Constantine's eventual embrace of Christianity as the official de facto religion of the Roman Empire via the Edict of Milan. We have are differences there but those are different issues that don't belong here on MAP or on this thread.

But I believe you, System, and likely a lot of other MAP posters on here, too but often usually the biggest or greatest fools are ridiculed by people far less intelligent then they are, and even highly intelligent, college-educated professionals like doctors, lawyers, engineers, professors, teachers, high-ranking politicians down to mid-level bureaucrats have the potential to believe in or be susceptible to extremist, radical thinking ideologies or ideologues. Sometimes, it can be due to bitterness, perceived anger or resentment or lack of appreciation towards people you've helped, motivate or tried to fight for out of a deep-seated conviction it was the right thing, could be as some people get older, their idealism or "objectivity", fades or gets tested and they gradually begin to see their previous views as naive and over-simplistic once they realize they've turned into exact same type of people their parents warned they'd turn into once they reached their age.

Sometimes, it also helps be a critical pragmatist or even somewhat pessimististic just as much as being skeptical.

I wish we could get a sneak peak at what they next major conspiracy is. With the first one being false, and the second one will turn out to be laughable, he is gonna have to get even more creative. I'll admit, who ever it is, the guys a genius. he knows exactly what to put out so they'll jump on it quick.

I wish we could get a sneak peek at what the next major conspiracy is.
    Well, we know what the next major one is, and their q-tears are going to be delicious tomorrow when their dotard isn't 're-elected'...

But, in case tomorrow isn't convenient, the next date will be the 20th... it's like they're 'end of the world' qberts and keep moving the goalposts for the date of the apocalypse, amirite?

But, in case tomorrow isn't convenient, the next date will be the 20th... it's like they're 'end of the world' qberts and keep moving the goalposts for the date of the apocalypse, amirite?

How does someone end up sooooo far down the rabbit hole and not realize on the way down that something just isn't right? I just read an article about it and still don't get it.

I think these people generally fall into two camps

those who were already down different rabbit holes before qanon (moon landing, flat earth, hollow earth etc)

and those who were not, seemingly perfectly rational and reasonable people who read one article, watched one video, talked to one person and next thing you know they’re full on hardcore Q

If you voted for Trump there's already a strong possibility that you were duped/have a tendency to eat up misinformation. From there it's just doubling down over and over and over.

Just saw where two prominent Q accounts are now saying Trump will not be sworn in tomorrow and there wont be mass arrests. But they say Trump is still in control behind the scenes and he is freeing children every day (from the golf course, no doubt). 🤪

I think the alternate date is now March 20.

Q doesn’t post anymore, but the whole thing is running along on the fumes. As each date comes and goes without Trump being sworn in and mass arrests more and more people will wake up. 🤞🏻

Just saw where two prominent Q accounts are now saying Trump will not be sworn in tomorrow and there wont be mass arrests. But they say Trump is still in control behind the scenes and he is freeing children every day (from the golf course, no doubt). 🤪

I think the alternate date is now March 20.

Q doesn’t post anymore, but the whole thing is running along on the fumes. As each date comes and goes without Trump being sworn in and mass arrests more and more people will wake up. 🤞🏻
    They do realize, of course that Congress doesn't tend to meet on the weekends unless for major, urgent last-second/last-minute votes on proposed bills or legislation and I can't see too many issues currently at the moment being debated that will attract such serious attention that most Reps or Senators will be summoned to decide on a Saturday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom