President Trump and First Lady have tested positive for Virus (Update: Trump to undergo televised ‘medical exam’ Friday night) (2 Viewers)

< Previous | Next >

SaulGoodmanEsq

Reaction score
Apparently the size of the crowd at the WH political rally, (illegal, isn’t it? I thought campaign events are forbidden there), was about 400-500, much smaller than the announced goal of thousands. And Owens evidently paid transportation costs (travel and hotel) to get people to come.

"Astro-turfing," as it's amusingly called is fairly commonplace these days. Usually it happens in the corporate context like the actors paid by Entergy to attend a New Orleans City Council meeting in support of a new power plant.

It's so prolific you have companies like this: https://crowdsondemand.com/

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
Barron had Covid too

I never thought that he looked much like his daddy before but damn if he doesn't in this pic, right down to the facial expression
======================================================================

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump's 14-year-old son Barron tested positive for COVID-19 but exhibited no symptoms, after both of his parents contracted the virus, first lady Melania Trump said on Wednesday.

barron.jpg

DaveXA

Reaction score
Barron had Covid too

I never thought that he looked much like his daddy before but damn if he doesn't in this pic, right down to the facial expression
======================================================================

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump's 14-year-old son Barron tested positive for COVID-19 but exhibited no symptoms, after both of his parents contracted the virus, first lady Melania Trump said on Wednesday.

barron.jpg
That face sure looks like a younger version of his father. Wow. Never really noticed it before.

OP
MT15

MT15

Reaction score
So I heard a doctor on one of the morning shows say something about Trump’s “immunity” that I hadn’t even thought of. He said when you receive the antibody cocktail that Trump got it very well may be that you don’t form your own antibodies, because your immune system doesn’t have to.

This is the exact mechanism for RhIg (RhoGam) which is used to prevent Rh negative women from forming the anti-D that can harm unborn babies. The product is a dose of the anti-D antibody, which coats any fetal cells that may be present in the mom’s bloodstream, therefore her own immune system doesn’t get activated to make her own anti-D. After about 90 days the RhIg leaves her system, and she is free from the harmful antibodies.

So Trump and anybody else who receives the Covid antibody preparations should really not assume they are immune on their own. They should still use masks and social distancing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

< Previous | Next >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Fact Checkers News Feed

General News Feed

Top Bottom