President Trump and First Lady have tested positive for Virus (Update: Trump to undergo televised ‘medical exam’ Friday night) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

This aligns with my theory that the issue is he's had it longer than they know because they have been lying about him being tested daily or, probably, at all.
    It wouldn't surprise me that Trump didn't get tested before the debate, but if Trump was infected on 26 SEP during the Barrett announcement, it is doubtful that he would've tested positive before the debate on 29 SEP.

Last edited:
    What is that, 36 now???

This is insane. Just a LITTLE preparation, distancing, and mask wearing would have prevented many of these cases. I sincerely hope no one dies from this super spreader event.

If you recall a woman here in Germany is being charged with crimes for knowingly spreading COVID to about the same number of people.

HIV non-disclosure, or criminal transmission of HIV, is prosecutable and most places with those laws on the books consider it a felony. In Europe, I believe, you can be charged with anything from manslaughter to murder.

And that is why we have the Patches O'Houlihan defense (dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge) of when was his last negative test. Because to me, and most civilized persons, if he had a positive test result and still knowingly put himself in close proximity to others, then that damn sure is about as close as you can get to HIV non-disclosure. It's practically kissing cousins.

I think he may have had it at the Barrett event, and they cannot prove otherwise. He may be the one who spread it to everyone else.

HIV non-disclosure, or criminal transmission of HIV, is prosecutable and most places with those laws on the books consider it a felony. In Europe, I believe, you can be charged with anything from manslaughter to murder.

And that is why we have the Patches O'Houlihan defense (dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge) of when was his last negative test. Because to me, and most civilized persons, if he had a positive test result and still knowingly put himself in close proximity to others, then that damn sure is about as close as you can get to HIV non-disclosure. It's practically kissing cousins.
    Is there an award for the best usage of a movie quote to make a salient point? Because, my friend, you earned it with that great Dodge Ball reference.

Just a couple of quick notes about the testing as I understand it: both the rapid Abbott test and what you are calling the PCR test are considered antigen tests, in that they both detect the presence of the virus. The Abbott rapid test relies on amplifying a piece of genetic material from the virus until it can be detected. It doesn’t have the highest specificity or sensitivity. I’m not sure of the exact numbers because we haven’t ever used that particular method. as far as I know you could get both false positives and false negatives. Of course false negatives are worse, and they try to skew the instrument to minimize those even at the expense of false positives. I think it is technically considered a PCR method, though, since Abbott claims it is a molecular test. It’s just a pretty shirtty one. Nobody in the lab biz in my hospital thinks very highly of Abbott rapid tests.

The other thing is that they followed up the rapid test (antigen test) that is more known for false negatives than false positives, with the full PRC test. If you get a positive antigen test, I'm pretty sure you're going to get a positive PRC. Not sure if it has ever given a false positive, outside of a lab error.

Just a couple of quick notes about the testing as I understand it: both the rapid Abbott test and what you are calling the PCR test are considered antigen tests, in that they both detect the presence of the virus. The Abbott rapid test relies on amplifying a piece of genetic material from the virus until it can be detected. It doesn’t have the highest specificity or sensitivity. I’m not sure of the exact numbers because we haven’t ever used that particular method. as far as I know you could get both false positives and false negatives. Of course false negatives are worse, and they try to skew the instrument to minimize those even at the expense of false positives. I think it is technically considered a PCR method, though, since Abbott claims it is a molecular test. It’s just a pretty shirtty one. Nobody in the lab biz in my hospital thinks very highly of Abbott rapid tests.

Some really good info on current Covid tests in this article:

You have a much better healthcare knowledge base than I do, but as I understand it, the PCR test is based on the SARS-2 genome - the test hunts and finds bits of the genetic strand of the virus. Whereas an antigen test detects viral proteins.

I think the PCR test is much more reliable - when our daughter had one in August, the pediatrician said that a negative PCR test is about 93 to 95 percent reliable. Positive tests aren't as reliable based on how the test works.

But they take longer - a machine has to explode the nucleus - which means that there's more room for lab bottlenecking when large numbers of tests are being performed. The rapid tests are so unreliable that it begs the question of what value they really are.

Where a PCR machine is available to the application, and not backed up, the results can be had fairly quickly (under an hour). We got out daughter's test back in about 45 minutes (negative) because the Peds office had the machine in-house. (Access is key - I'm thankful we had such access).

The Abbott test also detects a portion of the virus’s genome. It just sacrifices some of its accuracy to run on the small platform, as I understand it. They advertise it as a molecular test. The really accurate PCR analyzers are much larger than the Abbott. Our lab has never used Abbott rapid testing because it’s not known for its accuracy.

It’s not clear to me that Conley realizes that the antibody treatment given Trump would be detected in his antibody tests. But he should. IgG antibodies don’t normally form that quickly in a person naturally. For all infections IgM antibodies come first and fade quickly, while IgG antibodies form later and provide whatever lasting immunity there is to be had.

One source I looked up says IgG antibodies in Covid generally appear around day 14, so either he’s had it a lot longer or they are detecting to antibody that was administered.

Jane let it slip what her true feelings are on Covid. Disgusting

"I just think that COVID is God's gift to the Left," Fonda said. "That's a terrible thing to say. I think it was a very difficult thing to send down to us, but it has ripped the band-aid off who [Trump] is and what he stands for and what is being done to average people and working people in this country."

"I just think that COVID is God's gift to the Left," Fonda said. "That's a terrible thing to say. I think it was a very difficult thing to send down to us, but it has ripped the band-aid off who [Trump] is and what he stands for and what is being done to average people and working people in this country."

wont change Nov 3rd.

But i can see how you find THAT disgusting.

carry on with your perusal of www.freebeacon.com lol

She has a history of saying stuff like that. She has also regretted some of the controversial things she has said over the years. She's a private citizen. She's not founding some PAC to run commercials saying that. She's not on anybody's list to be a public official.

Don't really see what value it is to bring to the discussion if it's just comments by individuals. James Woods says some ridiculous things as well, I just don't think it's valuable to say "hey look at what [controversial private citizen] said."

It’s not clear to me that Conley realizes that the antibody treatment given Trump would be detected in his antibody tests. But he should. IgG antibodies don’t normally form that quickly in a person naturally. For all infections IgM antibodies come first and fade quickly, while IgG antibodies form later and provide whatever lasting immunity there is to be had.

One source I looked up says IgG antibodies in Covid generally appear around day 14, so either he’s had it a lot longer or they are detecting to antibody that was administered.

Technically everything he said is true.

Of note is that there is still no negative covid test, nor discussion of taking one. Might be early though.

I'll never vote for Jane Fonda.

She has a history of saying stuff like that. She has also regretted some of the controversial things she has said over the years. She's a private citizen. She's not founding some PAC to run commercials saying that. She's not on anybody's list to be a public official.

Don't really see what value it is to bring to the discussion if it's just comments by individuals. James Woods says some ridiculous things as well, I just don't think it's valuable to say "hey look at what [controversial private citizen] said."
    Fonda is a Biden surrogate and she appeared alongside Biden and Harris in a virtual campaign event in September.

Not to mention, Jane's got it backwards.

Covid was reelection on a silver platter for Trump. I mean, it was all but crammed down his throat like a baby bird.
    All he had to do was hide behind some scientists, do what they said, appear on top of things and eager to help and he'd have cruised to a massive victory in November.

But, like the mentally deficient cuckoo he is, he f'd it up.

Fonda is a Biden surrogate and she appeared alongside Biden and Harris in a virtual campaign event in September.

What are getting at? Do you think that Biden thinks that God sent Covid to kill over a million people worldwide, and counting, so that it will reveal Trump's true nature and harm? Or whatever she's ranting about?

Isn't it a ridiculous comment? That God would send Covid to kill a million people because American politics?

We're talking about Jane Fonda? In 2020? Good lord. Someone should call all of the classic "feminazi" bogey(wo)men to ask how they feel about COVID.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom